“gREAT VIEW, BUT”

Ranked #143 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My Wife & I check into hotel on 04/12/2013
for a weekend getaway
When we arrived they said our room was on second floor
I requested above fourth floor
They took care of that right away and we got a nice oceanfront king room
The only other problem hotel a little run down , but still nice
The big issue is the stairwell smells like a restroom at a bad gas station
Take the elevator.

Room Tip: get an oceanfront on a high floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelBlueManager, Manager at Hotel Blue, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for posting a review about Hotel Blue. We are so happy that we could get you to a higher floor and that you had an outstanding view.. We apologize about the stariwells and have addressed it. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had a blast even though it was chilly! The outside pool was warm enough for my children and my husband and I stayed in the hot tub. Very relaxing. Staff extremely pleasant! Everyone spoke! Highly recommend this location to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kattindal

Thank you so much for taking the time to let everyone know how much you enjoyed your vacation. It was great to know that you could enjoy our pools dispite the weather and overall had a fantastic time. On behalf of the staff here at Hotel Blue, we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was so pleased with my stay. The staff were so very nice. My room was spotless. I loved the swim up bar and the outdoor hot tub. The music was a bit too loud for my taste. I do wish there were more shaded areas. The hotel is located near everything, you can walk to almost everything.

Room Tip: Ocean side rooms are nice, can be noisy with the music if you have young kids. Elevator is slow, I w...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for posting such a nice review of our resort. We always love to hear that our guest find out accommodations to be pleasing, and our amentities to be fun. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel we had an ocean front room the view was awsome and staff friendly liked the pools and hot tubs also used the pools at captain quarters the sister hotel eat breakfast from the bar at captain quarters was good egg cooked to order

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Hsbrendle

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with everyone. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our Captains Quarters building was nice as well. Our goal is to ensure that our guest have an outstanding vacation and we thank you for staying with us and look forward to your return.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I always look forward to my visits to myrtle beach, especially Hotel Blue. I just wish the off season specials would run during the summer months, that way I could visit more often. Being on a limited budget, and also a cancer patient prohibits my return visits. Always therapeutic therapy for me to be able to unwind and relax at a place I so love to visit. Thank you hotel blue!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Tenman63
HotelBlueManager, Manager at Hotel Blue, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for being a loyal guest of ours. We really do appreciate it. While we wish we could offer the same rates during the summer as the off-season, unfortunaltey, we cannot. We do however run lots of specials. We hope you can continue visiting us during the winter months and enjoy some relaxation with us. Fighting cancer must be so hard, and we applaud you for fighting with grace. If we can be of any assistance in planning your next trip, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Had a great time. Wish there had been more shaded areas around the pool that would have enabled us to enjoy the heated pool and the hot tub a lot more. The price was excellent and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

1  Thank Bill C

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are so glad that you enjoyed your vacation and thank you for your kind words on staff, we are excited to share those. We hope to see you again the next time you visit the Myrtle Beach area.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Hotel Blue is a great hotel for adults to relax and have a good time. The rooms are clean and well maintained, the staff is courteous, and the Mixx pool bar is the greatest thing in Myrtle Beach! Not only is it a swim up bar but they also have lounge chairs that sit in the water. I stayed for a week and everyday was a good day. Their sister hotel Captain's Quarters has a bowling alley and you get a free game and you their pools are more kid oriented as well.

Room Tip: My oceanfront efficiency was great:)
1  Thank Carrie3470

Thank you so much for taking the time to let everyone know how much you enjoyed your vacation. Our location and Mixx pool bar is one of our best ammentites. We are also glad that you were able to enjoy our Captains Qtrs building as well. On behalf of the staff here at Hotel Blue, we cant wait to provide you with your next outstanding vacation experience.