“Hotel Blue Made Me Blue”
Review of Hotel Blue

Hotel Blue
Ranked #144 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Helen, Georgia
“Hotel Blue Made Me Blue”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Roaches!! If I owned this company, I would Fire the entire staff. We traveled March 6-8 and booked a package with Groupon. Looked ok online, but don't do it. There is soo.. much to be done on this property and the sister prop. Captians Quarters but the staff has no manager. They sit around smoking all day doing nothing. We did not get clean towels once while we were there.
The Best and only thing going for this prop is being right on the ocean. Beautifull! We found out since we have never been here before that a lot of the hotels are very old and unkept. Beware when booking Myrtle.

2 Thank Sharon B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was our third time staying at Hotel Blue and as always a pleasure. Our room was ocean front and recently updated. We loved the new tiled floors.All the staff were friendly and helpful. When and if we go to Myrtle Beach again we will definitly stay here again. We love to walk the beach and its only about a mile and a half to Pier 14. The hotel is close enough to walk to the boardwalk and places to eat. Lots to do in the area

3 Thank Janette P
HotelBlueManager, Manager at Hotel Blue, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay. We would like to thank you for staying with us many times over the years. It's great to here that you are pleased with the service that we provide. On behalf of the staff here at blue, we cant wait to see you again.
St. Pete Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I will most definitely be returning to Hotel Blue. When I arrived, the staff was friendly and efficient when it came to checking me in and the parking garage is attached to the building, so it takes two minutes to find a spot. I was pleasantly surprised when I finally got to the room and saw all of the furnishings--there was a stove, oven, microwave, and cabinets completely stocked with dishes and cookware. The beds were clean and comfortable and there was plenty of space to lounge in the room. As for the view, it was incredible. The room that I stayed in was a beachfront suite and it was totally worth the extra money--you can just lay in your bed and listen to the sound of the waves crashing. Needless to say, I will be coming back to Hotel Blue the next time I'm in Myrtle Beach!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Sayo223
HotelBlueManager, Manager at Hotel Blue, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for the kind words on our property and our staff. We strive to make you feel at home here at blue. We are so glad you enjoyed your room and the views for your balcony, we agree cant beat watching the sun rise and those waves roll in. We look forward to your next visit.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Hotel Blue was an overall great experience for my first trip to Myrtle Beach with my special guy. It was a surprise getaway and located right on the beach which gave me reason to smile. Our efficiency room was very user friendly though we didn't use the kitchen. The bathroom was clean and the only thing I would ask the hotel is to move the toilet tissue holder closer to the toilet to avoid falling over as you try to reach for it...
The room decor was simple and a bit outdated but the view from the 12th floor made up for any deficiencies. The furniture is very efficient in the space and provides adequate storage space to unpack and unwind. I would visit this resort again simply for the view, proximity to the boardwalk, location, and value of my Groupon :) BUT I wish I had known to ask for a Queen/King bed instead of the 2 double beds they gave me...This was a couples vacation!

Room Tip: Corner suites provide for a great view of sunsets and sunrises!
1 Thank QueenUR1
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The front desk staff were very nice and very busy for it to be winter time. The room was nice and clean, but the hot water would come and go so it was hard to keep the water adjusted. We stayed in a poolside efficiency and that is exactly what that is. It would be very convenient in the summer but I but very noisy! Everyone was very nice and helpful that we dealt with. I liked being on the 1st floor so that I did not have to worry about the elevator. I think the room was a little pricy for Feburary but I suppose it was because it was an efficiency and poolside. This hotel is priced in line with any other motel like it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay. The rooms were nicely decorated and the views were awesome. My grandkids had a bladt. My husband and I enjoyed lying beside the pool and taken in the saltyair. Resturants were close and shopping was everywhere

• Stayed June 2012
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The staff at the front desk did get us into a room early but there was no guest here either. But the front desk attendant was very unprofessional he said to me "what up man".........really?! We then asked for a late check out which they were fine with but did not let the house keepers know about it so we were bothered every 5 min. The house keepers though were just doing their job and they were great and friendly but the front desk was not. Also I was on the 15th floor and there was one ice machine that worked and it was on the 5th floor. Then I get there and there is no ice scooper. I will never stay here again. I gave it 2 stars only because the housekeepers were great otherwise I would of wanted to rate it no stars.

Room Tip: Do not stay here and if you do try to park as low as you can in the parking structure it is really t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family