“Not Bad.....” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #145 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Senoia, Georgia
“Not Bad.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

There was good and bad, first the good, Staff was friendly, check in was quick, loved the parking garage, we had the whole floor to ourselves. We were on the 7th floor perfect view of the beach, sunrise was awesome. Mini Fridge was good, was looking forward to Starbucks that they advertise. But now the bad, I was going to make some coffee after we checked in cause it was cold, but low and behold no coffee in the room, so I go down to the front desk to inquire about why there wasn't any when the room description said that coffee was provided in the rooms. The desk clerk said that they don't put coffee in the rooms so you have to go to Starbucks to pay 3 prices for coffee, well I go down to Starbucks the next morning and guess what THEY ARE CLOSED UNTIL MID MARCH!!! So I go back to the desk clerk and tell her that I need coffee since Starbucks that they wanted me to go to was closed. Needless to say I was disappointed. Anyway everything was clean, the room was decent, bed wasn't horrible, and it served our purpose. Thinking about coming back when everything is open, Pool, Starbucks, etc. 5 star is is not. But if you want to be on the beach, hear the ocean, watch the sunrise, this is most defiantly the place you want to be in Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 5th thru the 7th floor, Best views.
1 Thank Ericka B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
Henderson, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed everything about our stay at this beautifully ran hotel. We enjoyed long walks on the beach, as well as frequent visits to different shops on the strip. We loved the sounds of the ocean at night, it was so peaceful and relaxing. The view from our ocean-front room was also breath-taking, and relaxing as well. I loved sitting on the balcony at night , up into early morning, watching th sunrise. It was great! My wife and I look forward to returning to Myrtle Beach as soon as possible. We love it there. You can bet that we will always stay at Hotel Blue.

Room Tip: oceanview rooms are very relaxing
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelBlueManager, Manager at Hotel Blue, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
We are so excited that you choose to stay with us and agree you cant beat the views from the ocean front rooms. Watching the sunrise and drinking your coffee, cant get much better than that. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and look foward to your return.
Rock Hill, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Hubby and I enjoyed the sound of the ocean waves and the beautiful, serene view from our ocean front unit. The hotel is conveniently located and we enjoyed walking from pier to pier on the beach. We are planning a trip in about a month with our grandson and we are looking forward to making better use of the other amenities. Breakfast was excellent at the Captain Quarters.

Room Tip: Enjoyed listening to the waves in the ocean front room.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and agree you cant beat the views.. Thank you for your comments on our breakfast at CQ as well. We look forward to seeing you as soon as you can.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I enjoy ny stay. Lived the pool with bar. An dj!!! Very nice!!! The food next door was good, lirtle slow but good food!!! I hopecto come back 2013. Thank you for having us. The bathroom was a great size with lot of room. Loved it! A little crowded when walk in door with two beds but better than none. Enjoyed my time .. any discount offers send ky way please. Xoxoxoxoxoxoxo xo xo xo xo xo xo xo xo.. cannot wait to lay next to pool again an get tanned upbin my bikini.. suntan oil an a fold becerage in my hand atbur hotel. Hopefully see another Hot hartender. Haha.. kool how u have ur little snack shop.starbucks. prefer a dannish :) im so excited to he sitting on ur balcony again this year. Novplace rather be then nearv the ocean at hotel blue resort

• Stayed August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for postin a review for us, and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and the pool area.. We look forward to your return .
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed the weekend at Hotel Blue, and I wanted to comment on how nice our stay was. The place is clean, the service is great, and the location and available activities are really nice, too. I can't wait to go back there during the summer and make use of their swim up bar!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We are so pleased that you choose to spend your vacation with us, and even more pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you this summer when the pool bar is open.
North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed two nights in February for a couple's getaway. Used a Groupon and got both nights for $99. Charged another $40 at desk for taxes and resort fees. Felt like it was a good deal until I asked to see a room at the very nicely remodeled Sea Crest next door. They had pretty cheap rooms too and the property was in MUCH better shape. Didn't see a room at the Captain's Quarters, where you'll have to walk if you want to redeem your breakfast in the off season, but their pool and lazy river were better kept.

There are some differences between the remodels in the rooms at Hotel Blue, so ask to see your room first. If you don't like it, ask for another room. Some seem to be in better shape than others. The 15th floor room we stayed in at least had new carpets and didn't have the moldy smell of the 5th floor room they showed us first. There were holes in the blankets in our room and the mattresses were the smallest doubles we've ever slept on (and we're both 5'6"). But overall the room was clean and what we were looking for. Didn't use the kitchen. Great view of the beach. Close to restaurants and the Boardwalk, Broadway at the Beach and Market Commons. Could see the SkyWheel from the garage at night. Could walk to Family Kingdom park. Parking was tight but that's pretty common at the beach. Outdoor hot tub was huge but not very warm. Didn't use the lazy river or other pool. Sat in the indoor hot tub for a minute. It was hot but pretty gross. I would advise walking down the beach to Captain's Quarters. Small flat screen TV worked fine and the WiFi was sufficient. Sheets and linens and bathroom was clean, but that's about all I can say. You get some rough towels, a bar of soap and a tiny bottle of shampoo/conditioner. Not very luxe. Elevators worked fine. But the hall carpets were filthy, esp in and out of the garage.

Overall: We've stayed at a half-dozen different resorts in Myrtle Beach over the years and this one doesn't even rate. There are too many nice places to stay for cheap in the off-season to settle here. If I didn't already have the Groupon I would have stayed next door or at any of the other hundreds of nicer places to stay in the off-season. Makes me wary of using Groupon for travel in the future. Lesson learned.

Room Tip: Ask to see your room first. If you don't like it, depending on the season, you might be able to...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Christa H
Thank you for posting a review for us. We are sorry that your stay at Hotel Blue was not up to our standards. We do strive to make all our guests happy and to ensure that they enjoy their stay with us. We have passed your comments on and we hope that you will try us again in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at Hotel Blue; just a getaway. The hotel staff and management there were excellent. Even though it was off season the hotel ran like in season. Clean rooms friendly and helpful staff. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. We are looking forward to going back this summer. I loved the fact they had an eight floor secure parking garage.

Room Tip: Upper floor oceanfront offers a breathtaking view.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for writing such a nice review for us. We are so glad that you enjoyed having the garage attached the resort and that you had an outstanding stay. We strive to do our very best . We hope that you will visit us again as soon as you can.