Hotel Blue
Dunes Village Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$118
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$66
$64
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$66
  • Pool
Carolinian Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$88
$70
Beach Colony Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$94
The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$64
Paradise Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$69
$64
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$65
$54
$185
$157
Travelocity
Myrtle Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$70
  • Pool
1,539 results
All reviewsswim up pool barcaptain quartersoceanfront roombowling alleyspring breakhousekeeping stafffull kitchenstarbucksblast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Purchased a Groupon for a two-night stay. Didn't have high expectations since the price of the Groupon was low, but did expect safe and sanitary conditions. Unfortunately, we didn't find them. The first room we were given was an oceanfront double. My 5-year-old noted the rusty mirror, dirty tile floors, and what appeared to be a knife stab hole in the headboard. I noted the absolutely filthy old blanket under the bedspread that was in worse condition than our dog's bed, so we asked for another room. Same story. I should have saved time based on our first impressions -- dark, scary parking garage and exterior elevator shafts were scary enough, let alone the dirty hallways with filthy carpet that hasn't been changed since the 70s. Also, it appears that some people live there, as we saw a few shady characters carrying in multiple bags of groceries. The whole place looks like a death trap should a fire break out. We were there less than 15 minutes before we cut our losses and booked a room at the Hampton Inn down the street (which was fabulous).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

My mother, myself, and my 17 month old child stayed here to do a getaway night at the beach. My mother had stayed here in the past and had nothing bad to say. Unfortunately, we were put in a room that joined with another room where others were staying (of all rooms vacant here in the winter). About 2am the neighbors decided to play reggae music and use vulgar language. The walls were so thin, it felt like they were in our room with us. It was horrible. We told the hotel about it the very next morning, but all they could do was say we should have called then when it happened. I didn't want to start trouble at 2am, being we were 2 women alone with a baby. I will most likely not stay here again. The Hotel is very old and not the cleanest. The indoor lazy river was wimpy. The second night, we moved to Captains Quarters and had a much better and delightful experience.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Banzelon
HotelBlueManager, Manager at Hotel Blue, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for posting a review for us. We would like to first apoligize for any issues you had while staying with us and your comments have been passed on. We are sorry that you had a noise issue, we do have security and managers on property at all hours of the day and night. Had we known we would have taken care of the noise volume. We strive to give our guest the most exciting, fun-filled vacation ever however we are glad that you were able to move to our Captains Quarters building and enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We had a very nice stay. The beds were comfortable, and we had good service. One really nice thing about Hotel Blue is the parking garage on each level. You park outside your room of the Hotel on that level, how cool!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank liz s
HotelBlueManager, Manager at Hotel Blue, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Thank you for posting a review for us. We are so pleased that you had a wonderful stay and that you enjoyed being able to park close to your room. We hope to see you very soon.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Recently tried to use a groupon for a 2 night stay for 6 people. Upon arriving and after paying, I was informed that everyone must be at least 21 to even stay at the hotel. I was told to contact groupon (who has excellent customer service and was exceptionally polite and professional; and gave me a full refund plus a $50 credit) to straighten out the mess. While I was on the phone in the lobby, about four or five hotel associates went behind a wall and began to speak extremely rudely about groupon and myself. From then on any time an associate came out to speak to me, it was with an attitude and with a very unwelcoming facial expression. I had asked if they knew of any hotels nearby that we would be able to stay at and they provided me with a list of hotels that charged nearly $500 per night for one room which is not nearly comparable to their prices. In addition, the parking deck was very difficult to navigate due to its incredibly small size and the hotel seemed to be in dis-repair, at least from the outside. The flashy pictures of the hotel that are presented on their website do not accurately depict the hotel at all. It is obvious the property is older and it needs some upgrades. I also noticed several rooms (which are rather small, I looked in a window) have a wonderful view of the parking deck, not the beach. Even though I did not stay the night, their customer service was the worst I have had anywhere, and I travel a lot! I would not recommend this hotel just because of the lack of professionalism that the staff puts on display.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
HotelBlueManager, Manager at Hotel Blue, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you for posting a review for us. We would like to apologize for any issues you had while staying with us and can assure you that appropriate steps are being taken to correct any issues. We strive to do our very best and we take guest satisfaction very seriously and in your case we performed at an unacceptable level. We are aware that an experience such as this gives an impression that is very difficult to overcome, We can only ask that you try us again in the future and give us the chance to show you this. Feedback such as yours are painful to hear but vital to our continued success and improvements and for that we thank you.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My wife and I took advantage of a Sun - Tues getaway by using our groupon for an $89 stay with free breakfast and an oceanfront balcony view. We were made away of the additional "resort" fee as well as the breakfast at the other facility and went anyway. While we are used to 5 star stays we knew exactly what we were getting into and looked at our stay for what it was - a quick getaway to hear the ocean and put our heads down to sleep and nothing more for a late January stay. The water temperature was playing "use me when I'm hot" for the shower as well as shaving but being patient were able to accomplish those goals. The breakfast was good and we had no wait and everyone in both venues were friendly and helpful and we did use the indoor jacuzzi which was refreshing. We would use the groupon again if necessary but we would also try other venues if offered a King size bed stay which we did not know we could not upgrade upon arrival. I would recommend asking ALL questions before booking anywhere in the future travelers - Bill & Sheila N

Room Tip: If you have ANY questions make sure you ASK them BEFORE booking to make sure your eyes are open to avoid any disappointments
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bill N
HotelBlueManager, Manager at Hotel Blue, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you for staying with us using the groupon specials. We are sorry for the shower and have passed that onto our maint. Manager. We are continually making improvements to our resort and hope that you will come see us again in the future.