“For the price - you couldn't ask for more” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Blue

Hotel Blue
Ranked #149 of 216 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Port Orchard, WA
“For the price - you couldn't ask for more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Blue the week before Christmas. I will tell you from the start - if you want fancy furniture or fancy paintings on the wall, this place is not for you. But - if you are the type who just wants a comfortable bed, clean, wonderful staff who goes out of their way to take care of you, smile every time they see you, ask what they can do for you, help you find the most convenient way to move about the property with a disabled, elderly parent - then this place is GREAT. Our room was spotless. The kitchen sparkled - even the pots and pans. The housekeeping staff used the towels to make different designs and made the bathroom and kitchen look like someone actually cared when cleaning the room. Our housekeeper had a ready smile, she even washed my dishes one day when I was having a particularly tough day getting around (I had spine surgery and some days just aren't as good as others and I had my 86 year old mother with me) but she saw the dishes weren't washed and after she cleaned the room she washed my dishes. Who does that?!!!!!!!!!!!! I would go back to this place over and over. Again - if you want fancy furniture you won't like this place. It's serviceable, it's clean, it's well cared for, I understand the hotel might have its share of young people during the summer months but it was as quiet as a church mouse the entire time were were there (the week before Christmas).

Room Tip: We wanted a room on a lower floor because of our disabilities but we wanted to be up enough to see t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Pamela R
HotelBlueManager, Manager at Hotel Blue, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you so much for taking a moment out of your time to write a review for us. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and are excited to pass your comments onto our staff. We strive to make your stay an enjoyable fun-filled vacation.. We hope that you will come see us again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

Great value and southern hospitality. Will definitely stay here again. My family has stayed here many times and we have never had a problem. We have always been treated like family here and we love to stay here. Highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelBlueManager, Manager at Hotel Blue, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for such a positive review.. We love our returning guest, your right they are our family..We just love seeing everyone year after year and sometimes a couple times a year.. We look forward to your next 2nd home visit... hopefully soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

I absolutely love Hotel Blue! They have great hotels and customer service especially Mr. Nate who made sure we had a wonderful and eventful stay. He made it very convenient to find good local places around the area especially the bowling and breakfast. He told us the time to see the sunrise and always spoke to us whenever he was around. I thank you so much for making this stay as comfortable as possible. I will definitely make sure to come back soon! I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for a wonderful review.. We are so happy that you enjoyed your vacation with us..We agree Nate is an great addition to hotel blue.. We cant wait to see you again soon.
Whiteville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I couldn't have asked for a better weekend get away! Very friendly staff, nice ocean front room, and clean facility. Me and my boyfriend will be back very soon! We took this time to go out for my 21st birthday and may I noted that the staff surely did make me feel at home. They greeted me with "Happy Birthday" each and every time I had to go to the front desk. If you are looking for a nice place just to get away and relax, Hotel Blue is where you need to go. It is right down the road from everything that you need, you have a hot tub and pools, indoor and out. Take my word, you will not regret that you stayed!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelBlueManager, Manager at Hotel Blue, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to post this review for us and for sharing such an exciting event with us.. Happy Birthday!. We are so excited to read your comments and pass those onto the staff. We strive to show every guest the most exciting fun-filled vacation... We look forward to your next stay with us..Hopefully soon!!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

This was our second time staying at Hotel Blue, we loved it as much as the first time. We stayed the weekend and had a great time shopping. I am sure we will be back!!! I would most certainly recommend this location to my friends and family.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We want to thank you for posting this review for us.. We were so excited to read your review and are glad that you enjoyed your 2nd trip as much as the 1st. We look forward to your 3rd,4th and so on! Hopefully your next trip to stay with us will be very soon.
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

We had the best stay at Hotel Blue. The property was so very nice and clean. The staff was so friendly. I cant wait to come back in the summer. We need a couple employees walking around and they greeted us with a smile and a have a great day. It was so comforting. The room was very spacious and very clean.
Cant wait to come back next year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for that outstanding review.. We strive to do our very best and just love our returning guest that come to see us year after year...sometimes a couple times a year.. We look forward to seeing you this summer, it will be here before you know it. See you soon!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed back in November and we had a blast. We met alot of the employees while on our trip there. All of the who walked the halls were very nice and greeting us as we moved about the buliding. However one stands out in my mind. His name was Allen (Manager) very poliete honest caring he was concerned. Asked us if we needed anything everytime we seen him in the halls. He was great. Thank you Allen for making the stay so much better.
The hotel pool was down which was a bummer but we still were able to have fun in the out door hottub.
I will be back next year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelBlueManager, Manager at Hotel Blue, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for postng a great review for us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind words on staff and Allen. We strive to do our very best.. We look forward to seeing you as soon as you can return.