“great family owned place to stay”

Tropical Seas Hotel
Ranked #113 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Me and my husband wanted to take our 2 grandkids [ages1 and 3] to the beach for a few days. I found this place on the internet and made my reservations.I already knew for the price I wasn't gonna get 5 star. It was then I read some of the reviews, I thought '' what have I done'' I had gave them my credit card # and couldn't turn back now. When we arrived the staff was so nice and helpful, the room was small but very clean. The second day we were there was my grandsons 3rd Birthday and the staff posted it on there billboard by the road. I thought that was a nice thing to do. Our room was cleaned each day. During our stay I called front desk many for extra towels and ect... There was never any hesitation to help. Thank you Tropical Seas we had a great time!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank PatriciaFlood
Robin T, General Manager at Tropical Seas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to tell others about your stay at Tropical Seas. I see you had hesitation in the beginning and I'm glad you gave us a chance. We can't please everyone but we sure try to. I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation (we enjoyed your grandson) and hope you plan another visit with us soon!

There are newer reviews for Tropical Seas Hotel

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Was traveling back from Charleston and wasn't planning on going anywhere else but ended up in Myrtle Beach. We stopped at the Tropical Seas Hotel and what a great find we found. Ocean View, no dust on anything, very clean, front desk was very helpful and everyone there was super nice. Couldn't ask for nothing better on a last minute stop going home. I recommend this hotel. We have found our home away from home there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank SnowWhiteImpala
Robin T, General Manager at Tropical Seas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

We enjoy seeing repeat guests year after year and are happy to make you one of them. Thanks for the wonderful response. We'll see you in the future.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is our second trip staying at the Tropical Seas. The last was because the place we booked in Wilmington was horrible. We had friends in Myrtle so we drove and couldn't find a place other then this. This time we stayed for the "Pee Dee Street Rodders Run to the Sun" Car Show. We couldn't break the bank, we were only there from late Thursday until early Sunday....as last time the place was clean, had comfortable beds, maids were great, and all other staff went above and beyond to help out. Now it's not a super fancy hotel, if that's what you want then you should go pay triple a night to stay there. I warned my toddler no eating off the floor of course, but come on who lets kids do that anyway..on purpose. But I do have to stand corrected. I commented the carpet looked dirty, it's not.....the carpet is a little dated. My cooler leaked a little water, when I got white paper towels to clean it up, guess what.....they were still white paper towels. The balcony was the only other place of concern, but it had rained a lot prior to us arriving. I called the front desk and the next morning the maid cleaned the chairs and wipped everything down. So all in all it was a great family palce to stay. We had a great time, and now we can afford to take another mini vacation this year because we didn't spend too much money.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom ocean front suite.... 2 queen beds, a table with chairs to eat at, a full size fridge and...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank bgreeneofnc

I'm glad you decided to stay with us and that you enjoyed your vacation. Thank you for taking the time to share with everyone about your experience. I appreciate it and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

A refreshing place to relax and see the sights. Next door to the Crown Reef (a sister property), and Damon's Restaurant. The off season is a great time to stay while the crowds are gone and the rates are low.

• Stayed: March 2013
Robin T, General Manager at Tropical Seas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Rarely do we hear the good about Tropical Seas. Thanks so much for taking the time to mention your stay. We are glad you enjoyed it and hope you come back for a visit in the future!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have been coming here for years a few days at a time. For the last 4-5 years we have been staying 2 months in the winter. I cannot say enough about this place. The rooms are always clean. The housekeepers are here every day, the girls at the front desk are super. Maintenance is always there to help if needed. We are treated like family. It may be a little out of date but we are very comfortable. I'd recommend this place to anyone who wants to feel right at home. We'll be coming back each year as long as we're able!

Room Tip: We enjoy the second floor as it is non-smoking. We have stayed on other floors and they are equally...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Weaselblue

We look forward to our monthlies coming each year. Everyone is like family to us. We are so glad you decided to stay here and that you are truly comfortable staying at Tropical Seas. Thank you for taking the time to share with everyone about your stay. We really appreciate it.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Everyone is entitled to their point of view concerning quality of hotel ,accommodation, service etc. However I do not believe that Trip Advisor should print reviews where the writer makes extremely derogatory comments about the appearance etc .of staff at the hotel, and is totally uncalled for. and should be deleted. . This is shown in the report of Jan.2nd 2013 by "wknstay"It could almost be described as "hatemail".

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kinglimey

I can't express how much this comment means to us and I truly agree. Thanks for taking the time to express your beliefs. I hope it helps trip advisor review comments more efficiently in the future.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

My sister and I stay on this property every year for the month of October. It may be on the elderly side with a lot of age showing, but It is clean, well maintained, and the ocean is open. One of the little known things about Tropical Seas is the pizza resturant on the second floor. Although there is not a place to sit and eat, their pizza is exceptional.

Room Tip: Stay above the first floor. Otherwise you view is the pool and the decking area.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Booner5
Robin T, General Manager at Tropical Seas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Tropical Seas. Thank you for taking the time to share with everyone about your stay. We'll see you next October.