“Best Vacation Ever!”

Ranked #114 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Best Vacation Ever!”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Tropical seas from 6/21-6/29. We loved our room so much that we extended our vacation to one more day and left 6/30. Thankfully our room was available. The hotel is old and a little run-down but they kept it clean, our room had amazing views of the ocean and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. We've been going to Myrtle Beach for 20 years and have tried many hotels and resorts and this one was by far the best vacation ever thanks to the Tropical Seas Hotel!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Tropical Seas Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. My employees work hard to please our guests. Thanks for the wonderful review and I welcome you back to the Tropical Seas anytime!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Radford, Virginia
Reviewed June 23, 2012

HORRIBLE hotel. rude staff. OUTDATED. MOLDED CARPETS. ANCIENT. DISGUSTING. DIRTY. found MARIJUANA in room. joe is rude. pools are NASTY on bottom.. SCARY. OLD. OLD. OLD. OLD. OLD. i was very worried when they handed me 3 ancient gold keys on a paperclip........ couldn't open the door without struggling. only one elevator. DO NOT STAY HERE... EVER. WORST HOTEL EVER AND WILL NEVER BE STAYING HERE AGAIN.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank kiara k
, General Manager at Tropical Seas Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
I am personally looking into the problems that occurred during your stay. As far as the keys, yes we still have real keys to our guest rooms but no room numbers are ever posted on our keys. We have a code system.I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Irmo, South Carolina
Reviewed June 18, 2012

First of all, when I arrived the 2 ladies at the Front Desk were very RUDE!!! I had called in for a reservation and the lady I spoke with had given me a discount rate. Well the two ladies at the desk wanted to argue with me that there was no way I actually received that rate. SO luckily, I had the confirmation email and when I showed it to them, they finally gave me the rate quoated. Second, only one parking pass is allowed so you have more than one vehicle you have to pay city parking of 6.00 a day beside the hotel. Finally, the ROOM SUCKED!!! The hotel is very OLD and the mattresses were ancient. I actually got BED BUGS behind both of my ears from sleeping there. I have stayed at alot of hotels at the Beach and I can honestly say this one was the WORST EVER!!! I will never go back there.

Room Tip: Do NOT Pick this Hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay Somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Angel W
, General Manager at Tropical Seas Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
After reading the comments displayed I called in a professional service to thoroughly examine this room. No evidence was found of bed bugs. I apoligize for any confusion about your rate that you had at check-in but I'm glad my staff was able to find and honor your old rate.
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Reviewed June 12, 2012

If you are looking for the Marriot or Hilton experience pass on this hotel. The staff, although pleasant was one person when we checked in at about 10:30pm. i knew it would be an experience when I was handed 2 regular keys instead of a swipe key.
The one elevator was functional, the interior was a bit ratty. There were still ashtrays mounted on the entrance of each floor.
The suite was very spacious, the furnishings are old. There was one smaller flat screen on the main living area wall and an older TV in the main bedroom. The apartment size stove had aluminum foil covering the drip pans. The outside of the refrigerator had been battered by years of luggage passing through the entryway.
The bathroom needs a remodel.
To it's credit, it is beachfront. It was about $170/night. As a spur of the moment, late night decision to stay over it performed its function. Don't expect luxury or modern accomodations.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Big_Eater_SC
I appreciate you taking the time to posting your comments I'm aware we are an older property and our decor is outdated. Thank you again for making me aware of the areas I need to focus on in order to continue to improve our hotel.
Candler, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Had a great time. Jacuzzi was great. Had a great time in the Jacuzzi and I will come back to this hotel. Thank you for a good vacation.

Room Tip: The higher up the better it was for me!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kandie S
Looking forward to having you back "Carolina Girl". Glad you enjoyed your stay!
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We have stayed here about 10 years ago and remembered it as a nice place, So during a weekend get-a-way we returned. There was a few upgrades that were needed, Like new shower heads and a little paint here and there, but the rooms were very clean an smelled nice. The TV's were the old style, but worked well and AC was cold. We enjoyed our stay and was walking distance to Damines Ribs, So that was for sure a plus.

Room Tip: All rooms are Ocean Front
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Grant E
Thank you for your comment. Vacations should be relaxing and enjoyable and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I am aware of our outdated televisions and I'm trying to replace as many as I can.
Salisbury, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We decided at the spur of the moment to go to the beach. It was 10:30 pm when we arrived at the motel and had no reservations. With only a few rooms available we were expecting to find a room that was at the bottom of the barrel. We were surprised to find a wonderful room with a king bed and great view of the ocean. The room was nice and the service was super. It made for a great weekend getaway.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JWWJBEACHBUM
I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend getaway. Thank you for the positive comment . People are prone to say negative comments before the good. Again thank you for making Tropical Seas your hotel of choice.