“Carolina Girl”

Ranked #111 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Candler, North Carolina, United States
“Carolina Girl”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Had a great time. Jacuzzi was great. Had a great time in the Jacuzzi and I will come back to this hotel. Thank you for a good vacation.

Room Tip: The higher up the better it was for me!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kandie S
, General Manager at Tropical Seas Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Looking forward to having you back "Carolina Girl". Glad you enjoyed your stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We have stayed here about 10 years ago and remembered it as a nice place, So during a weekend get-a-way we returned. There was a few upgrades that were needed, Like new shower heads and a little paint here and there, but the rooms were very clean an smelled nice. The TV's were the old style, but worked well and AC was cold. We enjoyed our stay and was walking distance to Damines Ribs, So that was for sure a plus.

Room Tip: All rooms are Ocean Front
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Grant E
Thank you for your comment. Vacations should be relaxing and enjoyable and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I am aware of our outdated televisions and I'm trying to replace as many as I can.
Salisbury, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We decided at the spur of the moment to go to the beach. It was 10:30 pm when we arrived at the motel and had no reservations. With only a few rooms available we were expecting to find a room that was at the bottom of the barrel. We were surprised to find a wonderful room with a king bed and great view of the ocean. The room was nice and the service was super. It made for a great weekend getaway.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JWWJBEACHBUM
I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend getaway. Thank you for the positive comment . People are prone to say negative comments before the good. Again thank you for making Tropical Seas your hotel of choice.
Toronto
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I have gone here twice with my family and both times I have been impressed. The service is great and the rooms are beautiful. My kids loved its location right on the beach and my wife and I couldnt get enough of the 'lazy river' next door. This hotel is my home in Myrtle Beach, you honestly can't find a better hotel, but don't take it from me, go there!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your stay and Tropical Seas is your hotel of choice.
Hartsville, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed October 29, 2011

My Husband and I are staying there now,For our 15th Annirversary,We Love It!!! The Staff at the Front Desk is Sooo Sweet,& Welcoming,The Room Is Great,The View Is Great,The Room Is Really Nice & Clean,We're On The 9th Floor & I Really don't like Heights,So The Lady At the Front Desk offered to Find Us A Lower Floor,But I Told Her I Would Get Used 2 It,The Only Thing I don't like,Is The Elevator,But That Has Nothing 2 Do With The Hotel,I Hate All Elevators!!!Lol!!!We Found a New Place to Come,Been Going 2 Myrtle Beach For 15 Years,& Now We will be Staying Here!!! Thanks Tropical Seas:)

Room Tip: loved The Oceanfront Room!!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sheila172
Gastonia, North Carolina
Reviewed September 16, 2011

After having a bad experience during the check-in process at my originally booked hotel I decided to return to Tropical Seas which I have not stayed in for several years. I was very pleased to find the hotel was exactly as I remembered it....GREAT! I requested an ocean front room which I figured being a walk in customer would not be available. I was pleasantly surprised to find the hotel had an ocean front room available. The room was very clean, neat, and orderly. During my stay, I encountered several staff members all of whom were very pleasant and helpful. I will definitely be returning to this hotel in the future!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank David R
Ypsilanti
Reviewed September 15, 2011

If you're looking for something on the beach with no frills it was ok. The staff was nice. This hotel needs some serious renovations. No iron or board, no hairdryer and no in room coffee pot. Room smelled of mildew. Air conditioner worked but was broke away from unit.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple