We visited in the middle of August of 2005. The Room was absolutly NASTY. I don't believe the maids know how to use pledge and a cloth! But anyway, the bathroom was YUCKY! Soap scum covered everything! I would have felt more comfortable taking a shower in my clothes. Kitchen was quite small. But who wants to cook a meal on vacation anyway? Carpet was ICKY! Full of sand... but we were at the beach..... Oh parking, don't let me forget that... Only 86 parking spots for 130 rooms. My question is, where do you park when the lot is full? Oh and DO NOT PARK ON TOP NEAR THE LOBBY!!! Unless you wish to have a new scrape or dent added to your car/truck. The turns on the parking lot are HORRIBLE. And if you plan on going out in the evening, don't plan on getting a parking spot at this hotel. Like I said... there was not enough parking spaces. I probably will never stay here again. The only reason we did was because this was a last minute vacation and they were the only 1/2 way decent looking motel that had a room available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All our suites are oceanfront with a private balcony. Our comfortable well-equipped rooms have kitchens with microwaves, coffee makers and toasters. Our prime location along the grand strand of Myrtle Beach makes area attractions easily accessible. Award winning entertainment and dining surround you. You can shop at the nearby Coastal Grand Mall and newly built Market Commons. Amusement parks and incredible miniature golf courses thrill the young and the young at heart. It's easy to experience all the fun of Myrtle Beach while staying at The Reef. We also sell tickets to many area shows and attractions, packaging is also available! Oceanfront or indoors, The Reef provides a lot of water fun for everyone. Swim from our oceanfront pool to our indoor swimming area. There you will also want to indulge in one our two relaxing whirlpools. There are 1o swim attractions available to you, including a lazy river and large ocean front kiddie pools! Children will enjoy free daily activities during the summer months and their parents will appreciate a night out while the children are entertained by The Reef staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Reef Myrtle Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef At South Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Reef At South Beach Myrtle