Not a 5 star resort, but all in all we had a pleasant experience! My one complaint about the hotel is the lack of clocks. There were no clocks in our room, we had to set the clock on the microwave to have a time. We didn't like taking our phones to the beach or pool so we had no way of knowing what time it was because there were no clocks posted outside either. The rooms are outdated and a bit old, but for the price, it wasn't bad. The elevators took a little while at times but it is a hotel with 12 floors so you kind of expect them to take a few minutes to get to you. The staff was extremely nice and helpful giving us directions and recommendations on where to shop, eat and play! I have read a lot of bad review about this hotel and I admit, I had my doubts about it, but we will definitely stay here again! They had poolside activities everyday, unless it rained, which made it fun for everyone who was poolside! Not many TV channels, but who needs TV when you have the Atlantic ocean right out your door? We stayed 6 days and our one big complaint was having no clocks!!!! I think that is a huge win for our family vacation. A heads up if you have never been to Myrtle Beach, they roads driving there are HORRID and people cannot drive! We almost got hit twice by people who apparently can't drive and look before they merge over and we seen a wreck happen right in front of us, so be cautious of other drivers, because they are not very aware of other people surrounding them!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All our suites are oceanfront with a private balcony. Our comfortable well-equipped rooms have kitchens with microwaves, coffee makers and toasters. Our prime location along the grand strand of Myrtle Beach makes area attractions easily accessible. Award winning entertainment and dining surround you. You can shop at the nearby Coastal Grand Mall and newly built Market Commons. Amusement parks and incredible miniature golf courses thrill the young and the young at heart. It's easy to experience all the fun of Myrtle Beach while staying at The Reef. We also sell tickets to many area shows and attractions, packaging is also available! Oceanfront or indoors, The Reef provides a lot of water fun for everyone. Swim from our oceanfront pool to our indoor swimming area. There you will also want to indulge in one our two relaxing whirlpools. There are 1o swim attractions available to you, including a lazy river and large ocean front kiddie pools! Children will enjoy free daily activities during the summer months and their parents will appreciate a night out while the children are entertained by The Reef staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your The Reef at South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef At South Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Reef At South Beach Myrtle
- The Reef Myrtle Beach