My family and I stayed here on our annual vacation and we were not happy at all. My room smelled of mildew and the blankets on the bed smelled of urine. There were 5 of us in a room but we were never given enough towels and when we finally found a housekeeper, we were told that there were NO towels available. We went to the front desk and were told that they did not have any towels and were unsure when housekeeping would be able to provide any. When they did come with towels, they would only give us 3 sets of towels and washcloths. The rooms were extremely outdated and the sofa bed had no linen, no blankets, and no pillows. The elevators took up to 15 minutes most times to come so we had to resort to taking the stairs. I have a physically-challenged son so this was very disappointing. The best part of this hotel is the pool area and Makos. Being a travel agent, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All our suites are oceanfront with a private balcony. Our comfortable well-equipped rooms have kitchens with microwaves, coffee makers and toasters. Our prime location along the grand strand of Myrtle Beach makes area attractions easily accessible. Award winning entertainment and dining surround you. You can shop at the nearby Coastal Grand Mall and newly built Market Commons. Amusement parks and incredible miniature golf courses thrill the young and the young at heart. It's easy to experience all the fun of Myrtle Beach while staying at The Reef. We also sell tickets to many area shows and attractions, packaging is also available! Oceanfront or indoors, The Reef provides a lot of water fun for everyone. Swim from our oceanfront pool to our indoor swimming area. There you will also want to indulge in one our two relaxing whirlpools. There are 1o swim attractions available to you, including a lazy river and large ocean front kiddie pools! Children will enjoy free daily activities during the summer months and their parents will appreciate a night out while the children are entertained by The Reef staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your The Reef at South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef At South Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Reef At South Beach Myrtle
- The Reef Myrtle Beach