We checked into the reef for a spring break vacation with our kids. We got to the room and found it to be extremely small, outdated, unkempt, dirty, and overall just disgusting. As if that wasn't bad enough when we pulled the top covers back off the bed there were hairs all over the bed.
We called the front desk an were informed by the manager, Ed, that the housekeepers had left and if we wanted we could move to another room. We went to look at that room before moving and found hair on the bed, again, and dried blood on the sheets.
We opted to just cancel the rest of our stay and move to another hotel.
We spoke with two other managers, Andy, and another one upon checkout and the customer service was appalling. I have never experienced such a lack of care and concern and lackadaisical attitudes towards the guests. We have since moved to another property (the Sandy Beach Resort) and are thrilled with the new accommodations. The staff has been lovely, the rooms are immaculate and spacious, and we are extremely happy that we moved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All our suites are oceanfront with a private balcony. Our comfortable well-equipped rooms have kitchens with microwaves, coffee makers and toasters. Our prime location along the grand strand of Myrtle Beach makes area attractions easily accessible. Award winning entertainment and dining surround you. You can shop at the nearby Coastal Grand Mall and newly built Market Commons. Amusement parks and incredible miniature golf courses thrill the young and the young at heart. It's easy to experience all the fun of Myrtle Beach while staying at The Reef. We also sell tickets to many area shows and attractions, packaging is also available! Oceanfront or indoors, The Reef provides a lot of water fun for everyone. Swim from our oceanfront pool to our indoor swimming area. There you will also want to indulge in one our two relaxing whirlpools. There are 1o swim attractions available to you, including a lazy river and large ocean front kiddie pools! Children will enjoy free daily activities during the summer months and their parents will appreciate a night out while the children are entertained by The Reef staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Reef at South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef At South Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Reef At South Beach Myrtle
- The Reef Myrtle Beach