The Reef
Dunes Village Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
Great 4.5/5
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$84
$80
Very Good 4/5
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
Official Site
Very Good 4/5
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
Official Site
  • Pool
Beach Colony Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$94
Very Good 4/5
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$66
Very Good 4/5
Paradise Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$69
Very Good 4/5
Carolinian Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$70
Very Good 4/5
The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsan older hotelthe past yearspoolstubsocean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Our group booked this facility for our golf trip. It was satisfactory for our basic needs, as out of room most of time. It is well worn and should be considered for demolition and rebuilt. After all, there are no more beachfront lots. However, every staff member we encountered was of great attitude and helpful. I would return as a golf group, but my wife would turn on her heels and retreat quickly. For golfers: Our first day was about 45 minute drive to Oster Bay, we played 36 and it was a nice track. Second day was Heritage, no complaints there either. Next was Legends Heathland and finally Legends Parkland, two of three 18 hole courses there. The facility was exceedingly busy but well run except for one little hiccup. Upon arrival, we were told there was an hour and 15 minute frost delay. After a great breakfast, we scattered, some to pro shop, some putting green, some to cars. They later shortened the delay, but no staff told us and no loudspeaker for calling out. One of us went to the starter after an hour and was asked "Where have you been?" So they had sent out others ahead of us and the result was we were delayed guite awhile. Then when we got to the first tee, again was asked the same question. Hint, play the forward tees, and you may all want to agree to drop out of the volcano deep and high walled bunkers.

Room Tip: I noticed the elevator had a button for PH (penthouse?) Being costlier, it may be less worn and updated, as those guests would expect more.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank terryw658
Reef2101, Manager at The Reef, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Terry W,
Thank you for staying at the Reef of Myrtle Beach. We regret that your golf outing was not satisfactory, but hope that you will return to the beautiful Myrtle Beach area again in the future. We appreciated you acknowledging our staff and their winning attitudes. Again, the Reef does not claim to be new and our prices reflect that. We appreciate our guests, and will continue to strive to not just meet, but exceed expectations.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

You could find bigger, more modern places to stay while in Myrtle Beach, but The Reef has an almost perfect price/performance ratio. The management staff makes you feel almost like family, the rooms are adequately equipped. The views are unbelievable...! The building is well maintained and clean. The security is throughout the building and parking lot. There are many places to choose from in Myrtle Beach, but you will be hard pressed to find as nice as The Reef for the such a reasonable price.

Room Tip: All the rooms have ocean views, so it depends whether you want to look down on the ocean or out at the ocean. Personally, we like to be up as far as possible.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ken L
Reef2101, Manager at The Reef, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Ken L,
Thank you for writing an honest review on your stay at the Reef Myrtle Beach. While the hotel is not the newest or most modern, the team takes pride in making sure that the hotel is clean and operating well. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

very friendly staff great pools good resturant/bar nice room cold air all ocean front,a place that we will come back to.As we were leaving they told us about great winter rates,weekly and monthly,a great place to take the family

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Sherriek0616
Reef2101, Manager at The Reef, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Sherriek0616,
Thank you for staying at the Reef and for taking the time to write a review. Also, thank you for mentioning our winter monthly rental program. Myrtle Beach offers a mild winter climate and is perfect for an extended stay. It is only available to non-residents of the area and in addition to the discounted, extended stay rates, we have a wonderful time with resort activities for our winter monthly guests. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We arrived Thursday Oct 4 2012 for Myrtle Beach Bike Week and left Sunday Oct 7 2012. This Resort has everything you need , clean rooms, Excellent Bar to ahng out at Mako's, freindly staff that accomadates to your needs. In And outdoor pool with hottubs.

Room Tip: We Get the 2 bedroom suite. We share the cost with another couple . Room has ocean view, kitchenette
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Jim A

Dear Jim A,
October is one of the loveliest months to visit Myrtle Beach, isn't it? So glad that you stayed with the Reef and thank you for writing a review. Hope to see you in May for the spring rally!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was the first time I had stayed here at The Reef, and I loved it! My bed was perfect, almost better than the one at home. I had the 2 room unit, you walk in to the bedroom and then into the kitchen, off from that is the bath and then the living area with the balcony. If you bring kids, this unit would be perfect for you. Your bedroom has a door you can close for privacy and the kids can sleep on the pull out sofa bed. I believe the man who checked me in was Ed, he was super nice and very helpful. The only problem I had was not wanting to leave, I will definitely stay here again!! Someone had said the balconys weren't very private, the walls don't completely extend out to the banister, but they are large enough to be enjoyable and unless you actually lean over to look in your neighbors window - it's fine. My room was well stocked with anything you could need, from dishwasher with soap to a hair dryer! And one more thing - if you want pizza during your stay, it has to be Hungry Howie's - every visit to Myrtle includes their pizza for me!

Room Tip: My room was 1107 and I will request it when I go back :) I had friends in 1103 and 1109 and they were both good rooms as well! Very spacious and I loved the double sinks in the bathroom. I don't think you can go wrong in any room at The Reef, depending on how high up you want to be. I am terrified of heights, but my room on the 11th floor had an amazing view-just looking straight down made me a bit queezy.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank 01Sporty

Dear 01 Sporty,
Well, there is no higher recommendation than a guest who doesn't want to leave. Thank you so much for writing a review and for recognizing Ed. We appreciated the opportunity to earn your business and hope to see you soon.