My husband and I visited The Reef in late July this year. Last year we stayed at the Hilton Resort, however the year before we stayed at ones of Myrtles oldest hotels...actually the one that was torn down to make room for the Skywheel. We have experienced one extreme to the other. I booked our stay at The Reef after a referral from a friend, but after having made the reservation I read some reviews that concerned me, but decided to go ahead with our plans as they were. I did not know what to expect when we arrived, but was pleasantly surprised. The staff was top notch and attended to any need we had. Reviews I read stated the hotel smelled of mildew....the only smell we noticed was that of chlorine, and for that I have no complaints. I am only sorry that I did not find this hotel sooner. We plan to stay at The Reef on any future visit to Myrtle Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All our suites are oceanfront with a private balcony. Our comfortable well-equipped rooms have kitchens with microwaves, coffee makers and toasters. Our prime location along the grand strand of Myrtle Beach makes area attractions easily accessible. Award winning entertainment and dining surround you. You can shop at the nearby Coastal Grand Mall and newly built Market Commons. Amusement parks and incredible miniature golf courses thrill the young and the young at heart. It's easy to experience all the fun of Myrtle Beach while staying at The Reef. We also sell tickets to many area shows and attractions, packaging is also available! Oceanfront or indoors, The Reef provides a lot of water fun for everyone. Swim from our oceanfront pool to our indoor swimming area. There you will also want to indulge in one our two relaxing whirlpools. There are 1o swim attractions available to you, including a lazy river and large ocean front kiddie pools! Children will enjoy free daily activities during the summer months and their parents will appreciate a night out while the children are entertained by The Reef staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Reef Myrtle Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef At South Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Reef At South Beach Myrtle