“Not the place to stay”

The Palms
Ranked #88 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Elizabeth City, NC
Reviewed August 18, 2004

The place is in definate need of some serious repair. I went to the website for the hotel and can tell you that the pools, spas, and gym area look nothing like the pictures. The gym was the sorriest thing I have seen in a while. Also the hot tubs were so disgusting looking I was afraid to go near. The outdoor and indoor pools were alright but like I said looked nothing like the pictures. The rooms themselves were a bit decieving as well and were in need of repairs as well. Not to mention that several of the staff acted like they were seriously overworked and that whatever we requested was such a hassel for them to provide to us. My in-laws also looked at a few of the rooms before settling on the one we were in and said the others were so awful. When I return to Myrtle Beach again the Palms will not be where I would go.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for The Palms

Charleston, WV
Reviewed July 9, 2004

My family and I had made reservations for three nights 07/05/04-07/08/04 at The Palms Resort. I had read the reviews and some were good and some were bad. I thought that I would at least give it a chance. Well, I refused to spend the night. I made sure that I looked at the room before I stayed in it. Let's put it this way - I would not have let my dog sleep in the beds. The first room I looked at appeared as though it had been through several hurricanes and never cleaned up. The carpet was stained, the walls were filthy, and the furniture was probably purchased at the Goodwill! The second room was even worse. It had much of the same problems as the first. Please before you stay here insist on looking at the room first!

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 25, 2004

We put our deposit on 2 separate rooms for a family Christmas vacation. After arriving and paying for our room, we went up to get settled in and were shocked at the poor condition of both rooms. We promptly went to the desk to be moved to other rooms, but there were none available for the length of stay. We asked for our money back and they returned everything except our $200 deposit for the rooms. The desk clerk war extremely rude and refused. We talked to the manager and owner who also refused. We had to find other accomodations and were very happy leaving The Palms. The rooms were dirty, the appliances were old and broken, the cabinet doors were hanging off, and generally it was just a very rundown room. We stayed at the Ocean Sands and were thrilled at our rooms. They were extremely nice and virtually the same price. Go anywhere but the Palms!!

8  Thank kwebb
Kernersville, NC
Reviewed February 24, 2004

The Palms is the most distgusting place I have ever been! I cried when I walked in the room. I took my shoes off when I walked in the room and I stepped on a piece of gum that was stuck in the carpet. The floors were sticky, the bed linnens dirty, the lampshades were broken, there was mold on the walls, cigarette burn on the side of the bathtub, and the whole room smelled like urine. My husband and I left as soon as we got there. Don't ever stay at the Palms

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member