“Beautiful view, relaxing atmosphere”
Review of The Palms

The Palms
Ranked #88 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My family and I had a wonderful vacation. Rooms were nice. View was amazing!! Staff we interacted with was very nice. We loved having the patio table on the balcony to sit and eat lunch on.
Bedrooms were nice...one room was a bit small but, it served its purpose.
The halls and elevators
were clean. The grounds well kept. Parking was good.
The hotel is close to the boardwalk and the piers. My teenagers were able to walk there and enjoy some entertainment.
Having a nice hotel to have our dinner and sleep in help make it a wonderful vacation . We will consider staying here on future trips to myrtle beach.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I didn't like the Palms and my family didn't like it! I wouldn't recommend it anyone,the front desk clerk at the time check in wasn't friendly at all,the rooms were to small,the recess dirty inside,the next day of our stay there was no clean sheets, rags, nor towels and we didn't get any until 2p.m. but still didn't get any clean sheets!! Room service didn't come to around 1pm, We couldn't get any extra pillows, with all this going one of the toilets was clogged up that morning and maintenance didn't come to around 1p.m. because no one had informed him until them!!! The day we checked in the television wouldn't play in the living room because it was a computer monitor and we didn't get one until around 11am the day!It was a terrible stay for me and my family!! All the Times I have stayed at Mytrle Beach this was the wort weekend stay for me at The Palms Resort!!

2  Thank Tomekie
Reviewed June 21, 2014

After searching several hotels in the area for a good rate for a large group (9 rooms) we decided on the Palms Resort. I understand that these units are individually owned and unfortunately we got one that was pretty basic and not up to date. The condition of the room was pretty poor. Several of the outlets and switches were either hanging out of the wall or missing screws. The counter had stains, that were easily wiped off with a little effort. The floor was filthy so we had housekeeping bring up a vacuum, that we used ourselves. (our choice, since they had already done a bad job to begin with) After we vacuumed we found a sweeper/mop in the housekeepers closet and used it. See the picture. Disgusting. The beach and pool were the only highlights of the resort.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank andmarnclt
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I think a better ocean view would be better on the first floor without a wall blocking it. We got partial view due to the wall. Overall for the price we paid, we should have more amenities included, like a iron. Who has a iron holder without a iron. Not being to shut my room door without slamming it was bad as well. The doors need to be fixed. We heard everyone on our floor slamming their door because they do not close well.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We booked our stay over the phone and only seeing the website. Pleasant manager when booking. We had a softball team/families all going together and most families had to look at several rooms before accepting one. Old, outdated and not very clean. Our room had been updated with new faucets, paint, fixtures but the popcorn ceiling fell each time you closed the door. Pools are old. Each unit is individually owned, so updates are inconsistent with rooms. Wont stay here again.

Room Tip: Does not offer breakfast in morning. No ice machine. Higher up, better view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank AliH003
Reviewed June 3, 2014

OMG! This place is GROSS! The floor was so filthy it turned our socks black. I mean ruined them totally. There was hair in my bed and in the corners of the bathroom. Everything was dingy. Since I had never experienced that before, I let it slide for a sec. At least the towels were clean. Then, by the last of our week there. I did complain. I asked to speak with a manager and I did. I asked for money back. She told me the rooms were individually owned and someone would contact me. That was in September 2013. Still no word from those folks. Obviously they don't are about customer satisfaction at all. Let me tell everyone that the internet pictures are deceiving. Also, you have to cross the street to get to your car, which sucks with kids.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Autumn S
Reviewed June 1, 2014

My very first trip ever to myrtle , drove six hours to get there. When I arrived had been told a price of 524.00 for five nights on the phone and they were slow so no need to reserve .Got there and they said it was now 667.00. So I payed 409.00 for 3 nights which was a blessing in disguise .I was put in room 304 what a disappointment ,nothing like it looked like on their web site .This is what I found one a/c falling apart in bedroom , one in living room did not cool, ceiling cracked ,wall patched, kitchen cabinets peeling, furniture looked like something from local habitat store, couch dirty stained, holes in it .No shampoo, soap or dish liquid Phone would not call out .Had to go ask for soap and shampoo .Didn't even change sheets after first night came in and made the bed left dirty linens on it. Elevators have graffiti scratched all inside them .After two nights we were so disgusted said something to staff at lobby desk was told why didn't you tell us we would have give you another room .Didn't know you had to ask for a nice room to get one. LOL.They then sent us to 903 it was nice for my last night, asked if they would do anything to compensate for two nights in the other all they offered was a 16.50 discount if we paid for one more night . Manager never even came out to talk at all. Would not recommend the palms think twice before you book here .Bad first experience coming to myrtle there's a old clique that says you don't get a second chance to make a first impression how true that is.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple