“Pleasant surprise”

The Palms
Ranked #90 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Palms in a 3 bedroom condo and it was really nice. We had everything we needed and a great view of the beach. The unit was nicely appointed and the off season price of $89 per night was more than reasonable. There was a cleaning fee just so you are aware. Overall I thought it was a great value and would book and stay again.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Old Fort, North Carolina
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Read the reviews and had some concerns. But family had stayed and they said it was ok. They were right. Had grandsons with us and everything went great. only trouble kitchen sink didn't drain good. And of course nana got the murphy bed which was a little rough on me,but we all had a great time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed here on Sept 2013 and the room number was 505--yes the room was old and needed a lot of remodeling where should I start. The one good thing about the hotel was the staff they were great but this room seemed to have water damage, 2 burners on the stove didn't work, rust on the inside of the microwave, holes in the bathroom cabinet and carpets needed cleaned the mattress needed replaced. You ask why did we not ask for another room well we were told everything was full and couldn't move for a couple of days and was afraid we would get a room that was worse than the one we had. Upon checking out we showed pictures of the room and expressed our concerns all we got was have a save trip home. If I could figure how to get my pictures off my phone I would have posted them. I will come back to Myrtle but definitely will avoid this hotel. Hope if you get room 505 you will have better luck maybe they will take of the issues before renting it out again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Judalee

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

maryland
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Palms for our 10th anniversary last weekend. We arrived 2 hours early and were surprised to be allowed to check-in immediately. Our unit (806), managed by Suites at the Beach, was old but clean and stocked with all items needed for a comfortable stay. The location is within walking distance (1 mi.) of the Ferris wheel and shops which was great for us. My only complaint about this unit is the beds are very hard. I would stay at the Palms again and would have no problem recommending it to my friends and family. Let me also mention the friendly and professional service provided by Dee at Suites at the Beach who handled my booking and was there to check us in. Although we didn't need anything additional, we were given a card with her contact number upon arrival.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are oceanview or oceanfront.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tower City, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Resort was old, and looked as if was enjoyed quite often. Our room could use a bit of a makeover( parts of our balcony floor were peeling and furniture looked very used) but it was a nice place. Both pools were great along with the hot tubs and the grounds were very well maintained.

Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I was prepaired to have to wait til 3pm but was informed that my room was ready and waiting. The lady at the desk was so nice to me and the staff was so friendly. This was my first time staying at the Palms but I'm already planning my return visit next year. My room 805 was so nice and the space was wonderful even though it was just 2 of us. I told the staff how much I enjoyed my stay, the palms is kid friendly and I met a lot of nice people, who have returned every year so we will all meet again next year. I would recommend the Palms to all my friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I always stay at Palms when I come to the beach every year and I always will. We started staying there 18 years ago and have always been happy. We have stayed in all types of the rooms and they are all great.