“"WONDERFUL TIME"”

Ranked #89 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Bellaire, Ohio, United States
“"WONDERFUL TIME"”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My family and I recently went to Myrtle Beach.After staying at the same place for quite a few years I decided to try someplace different.I'm so glad that I did.After looking on line about different places I came across Daves Myrtle Beach Vacation Rental gave Dave a call and booking with him was so much easier than dealing with a front desk.The room was AWESOME my family felt like we were home away from home,did not feel like a motel room.The décor and furnishing were nothing that you would find in a regular motel room it was stuff that I would put in my own home.I will definately be booking with Dave again for next year and several years after.Thank you again Dave for letting people enjoy your place.

1 Thank Crystal U

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

This was our first time staying at the Palms.. We went off of their website and thought this place was going to be really nice.. As soon as we got here we realized that their website was a scam.. The hotel pools and things look nothing like their pictures.. The door entering the hotel was broke and held together by duct tape.. The gym was infested with cock roaches.. The pool smelled like dirty armpits and was extremely nasty.. The elevator broke down and my 10 year old son was trapped inside.. We stayed on the 15th floor and had to walk 15 flight of steps because their elevators were not safe!.

2 Thank Tyler2003

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The palms resort was amazing. The view was awesome and Im ready to take my boys when we go back and I want the same room. The hotel staff are amazing they make you feel like you belong there. You're in the middle of everything not to far from boardwalk or Broadway.

1 Thank keishapie
Sumter, South Carolina
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The clerk was horrible and rude on check in and also when we needed towels and wash clothes for the room. my daughter went to get towels and was told their were none available. When my husband went down to get towels he said the clerk referred to my daughter as "the light skinned girl", and gave him the towels. Other than that, we enjoyed the stay.

1 Thank bigwilbur
Rochelle Park, New Jersey
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I booked through the 800 number and when I asked I was told that all rooms had a safe, not true! The front desk guy was very helpful at check in,our room was in the North Tower, as we approached we noticed that the entrance glass door was cracked and the fix was duct tape, it was all downhill from there. The building is in need of updating. We stayed at room 703 and it was pretty bad, the bed is hard as a rock, the whole suite is totally stuck in the 80's and run down, even the inside of the dresser drawers are all chipped. The balcony is not totally private you can see into the next balcony. The guy next door smoked so we could not go out when he was there. But the thing that did it was the second day we woke up and there was cigarette smell in our bedroom and bathroom. At that point we complained and the front desk lady very helpful offer to move us to another resort, that saved our vacation and it also made us realized that we were totally overcharged for those 2 nights at the Palms.

Room Tip: Do not stay at the North Tower. The Web page for The Palms Resort states a non smoking resort, bewa...
2 Thank Rose0659
Statesville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed June 14, 2013

They got a three because it was quiet and clean. Check in was quick and they were nice so also a bonus. We stayed in one of the penthouses and it was outdated and needed some work. Was a bit disappointed in the look compared to what I saw on the website.

1 Thank Tamra G
greenville
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I booked my vacation online and the price was reasonable. Our overall stay was ok just need some upgrades on the furniture. We were on the 11th floor and the view was wonderful. We were in a quiet area on the strip.