My husband and I stayed at The Palance for the Bike Rally in early October. 2006 We booked our room over the internet as upon calling the hotel, they had no vacancies....don't understand that. Upon arrival check in was fast though the clerks could be a little more friendly. They were not rude and it was 3 pm (check in time) and they were not busy yet....just rather passive. The room was loverly. It was clean and no odor at all. We did have to request towels as there were none in the room and my husband had to go get them but within 30 minutes more were delivered directly to us. We had a one bedroom suite with full kitchen. It was open and airy and colorful.....with our side view balcony we could see the ocean and hear the surf. Our room was on the fifth floor, room 511, and on the pool side and until later at night you could too easily hear the noise from the pool but that was not too distracting. Level 2 of the parking deck was reserved for motorcycles....the first day. The next day we were told to park on the ground level for security. That's a good thing. But when we came back to the hotel that night from dinner driving our vehicle we parked on the 2nd level (since the bikes are now directed to ground level). Here came two security folks making us move our vehicle because "level 2 is for bikes only"......ok...we moved. As we headed back to the lobby we saw TWO vehicles proceed to level 2 and they were NOT TOLD to move their vehicle. This was quite puzzling to us and did not make us happy as when we had to move to another level and the only place to park was on level 5. This was the only distasteful occurence during our visit. Maid service is great and they were very pleasant and cordial. All in all I would not hesitate to stay at The Palace again. Full sized refrigerator and stove in kitchen. Large TV in living room. Elevators are not the fastest on the planet but none ever are! You can meet the nicest folks in the elevator, too. Stay there. You will be satisfied, at least we were....would have preferred a room a little higher up for the view but my son and daughter in law were on the 10th floor and were not as pleased with their room at all. They stated that ours was much nicer and cleaner and more "modern".....some of their lights had no bulbs in them and wallpaper was peeling. So I guess it just depends on what room you get........we lucked out and were very pleased.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palace Resort is a beautifully designed oceanfront resort with outdoor pools, whirlpools, sauna, steam room, exercise room, guest laundry and wonderful ocean views. The spacious oceanfront pool deck allows guests to easily access the beach and enjoy the relaxing ocean. This wonderful resort is just perfect for the active family wanting to get away from it all and still have it all anyway. The kids will love the video arcade room and the adults will love the fitness center and the golf putting green. Come see why Palace Resort is a favorite among south Myrtle Beach visitors! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your The Palace Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palace Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Palace Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach The Palace
- Palace Resort Myrtle Beach