We arrived on Sunday and were able to check in with no wait. However, when we tried to get to the 15th floor the wait began. There are 3 elevators with a capacity of 12 each. With 200+ rooms, this is nowhere near the capacity needed. It took over 1 hour to get our luggage upstairs due to the wait. Our room was a privately owned condo and was in good shape. There was some general wear and tear from being a rental. It was clean with newer furniture and pillow top mattresses. We stayed 5 nights and received one mid-stay sheet change. The cleaning staff did an adequate job.
As for pools, the internet shows an indoor pool which is non-existent in the summer. There are 2 relatively small pools and a few hot tubs. There is also no kiddie pool, if that matters to you. As a plus, there is a restroom on the ground floor, so you don't have to go to your room for restroom trips.
Overall, our stay was nice, but it was overshadowed by the elevator waits. Before 11 am and between 3pm and 6pm, you can expect a long wait unless you are in condition to do the stairs. I waited for 5 elevator cars before there was room for me to get down (just me, no luggage) to check out (about 30 minutes). My husband started loading at 9am so that we would be done by 11, checkout time.
We would gladly stay in this particular room again, but we won't stay at the Palace because of the elevators and lack of pool features. We give our room 4 stars, the staff 3 stars and the Palace itself 1 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palace Resort is a beautifully designed oceanfront resort with outdoor pools, whirlpools, sauna, steam room, exercise room, guest laundry and wonderful ocean views. The spacious oceanfront pool deck allows guests to easily access the beach and enjoy the relaxing ocean. This wonderful resort is just perfect for the active family wanting to get away from it all and still have it all anyway. The kids will love the video arcade room and the adults will love the fitness center and the golf putting green. Come see why Palace Resort is a favorite among south Myrtle Beach visitors! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your The Palace Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palace Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Palace Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach The Palace
- Palace Resort Myrtle Beach