Message from TripAdvisor:

“Great view horrible place”
Review of The Palace Resort

The Palace Resort
Ranked #81 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Great view horrible place”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We had stayed in room 1104 which the beds were uncomfortable also there was an extension cord to reach the lamp and the shower was clogged for a day and the faucet in the tub jus fell off because it was so old do not rent from smith rentals there is different rooms by different owners jus dont rent from them whatever u do and the palace only had 3 elevators that went to the ground floor and u had to go to a different elevator jus to get to ur car

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Loved the view from our room! (1604) oceanfront with balcony and two large windows. Could also see the skywheel. The staff was great especially LeeRoy! The free breakfast for two was a nice suprize. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
KNOXVILLE TN
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Nice place but does need some upgrades. The biggest downfall has to be the size of the place and only 3 very slow elevators. Room was ok not the best but not the worst. Access to the beach was right there and the staff was very nice. Would go again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stay here every year... And up until now we have had really no issues.... Other then maybe a hole in sheets.... This stay was bad! We first got there got our room key and proceeded to our room... Well after we get in there and start to get settled we smell lots of smoke... We don't smoke...We asked for a non smoking room... This was not a non smoking room! So we changed rooms... Thinking it would be better well needless to say it wasn't! The pull out couch that my children would have to sleep on was covered in blood in different spots!!!! OHHHHH NASTY!!!! That was a huge turn off... Had to use a whole can of Lysol on the couch... Almost 6 sheets etc.... By this point I'm just exhausted I wanted another room but I just mustard up what bit of strength I had to stay in that one...Simply for fear of the next room being worse!! I have never had such problems as this before...Then to my surprise they changed the breakfast now I have to pay for my kids to eat... I've been comming for 6 years and never have I had to pay for my kids!!! Really? I will not be staying at The Palace anymore.... We will be going to the Coral or one of the more upscale ones!!! This was a terrible stay... We come to relax not have to worry about will I catch something due to sleeping on the beds... Or have to spend extra money... We could have just went out to eat for the money we spent in our kids eating.... Such a disappointment...Not happy..

3 Thank Sherrie347

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Upon arrival to our room we were unpleasantly surprised to find that the place was not thoroughly cleaned in a long time. For example, dirty carpets,pop splashed on the doors, sticky kitchen floor, moldy showers,etc, etc.I really messed up picking this dump. It turns out the Manager ( Ebony) was very understanding She offered to refund 2 nites which I accepted. I think she belongs at a better hotel than this one and I wish her luck. Having said that, do yourself a favor. Do not stay here unless you like dirty pools, peeling paint, and big cockroaches. By the way ,this area of Myrtle beach is rundown and much lower class than North Myrtle or Arcadian Shores.We drove up North every night to get out of that depressed area.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here unless you're from the ghetto and you want to feel at home !
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Randall R
South Carolina
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was very impressed with our stay. Having two bathrooms was great! The view was awesome! We loved having the walk up restaurant so we can order drinks and food and stay by the pool. The staff was all polite. I will definitely be bringing my family again! We had a great stay! Thanks Palace!!

1 Thank racer68
Goochland, Virginia
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed once again and thoroughly enjoyed it ..... again! The breakfast is still free, and I still won't pay a dime more for it! It's very bland!! Stay on a lower floor if at all possible, the elevator wait is terrible but it's an oceanfront hotel with hundreds of guests going in and out so it should be expected! Our rooms have always been clean!

The pools and hot tubs are clean, and there is an indoor hot tub on the 22nd or 23rd floor (can't remember which floor)

Be careful of the entrance to your room, the sand makes the tile very slippery!

Front desk and housekeeping are excellent and very helpful!

We have stayed 3 times with 14 and 15 year olds. They do have free face painting, Wii games and other activities for the younger crowd which comes in handy during the brief rain storms that sometimes happen in the evenings.

If you drive an SUV, get a car top carrier for excellent parking (oversize vehicles park on the 1st floor)! The parking garage has a separate elevator and is rather slow.

Room Tip: Lower floors are best!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family