Message from TripAdvisor:

“Great View, Great Breakfast, Uncomfortable Mattress”
Review of The Palace Resort

The Palace Resort
Ranked #83 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed at the Palace several times and I would recommend the one bedroom suite at the Palace. It was much more spacious than the Sun Suite that I stayed in previously. I loved the coastline view from the one bedroom suite even though the balcony is small. I also enjoyed the breakfast provided with my stay, but expect a waiting line if you wait till later in the morning. I noticed saw some signs of wear and tear on the resort, but I would have given it a Very Good rating if the beds had been more comfortable. So I would have to give the resort a final rating of Average because the mattresses on my last 2 stays have been awful to barely acceptable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cindy H
There are newer reviews for The Palace Resort

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We loved the rooms and the free breakfast. The staff was so nice. The only think we did not like was having to wait on the elevators. But its worth the wait. We are going back this July. I would recommend The Palace to anyone. Had such a great time.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Teca1976
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The Palace Resort was very affordable. Although the one bedroom sun suite that we stayed in was not plush or updated, it was spacious enough, and we slept great!! The breakfast was very good, and helped save us money on food.....we didn't need to eat again until dinner. We would definitely stay there again. For the money, you just can't beat it!

Room Tip: Our sun suite, and it was so peaceful. Our balcony faced the ocean, and we haven't had slept tha...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deanna V
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed at this "resort" from 4/1/2013-4/4/2013. Absolutely a horrible place. Old, run down, dirty. Non-responsive staff. It was so very bad that I have asked my in house attorney to look into some legal action against the property and it's owners. Their photos clearly do NOT depict the place and are clearly misleading. Please do NOT stay in this so called "resort"

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Our room was great. #504. The view was beautiful. The amenities was awesome. The staff was very friendly. The color scheme was amazing. I would reccomend this resort to anyone visiting. The only request we had was that housekeeping change the bedding every few days. Overall, we were completely satisfied.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsBrown8412
Reviewed April 6, 2013

When we first arrived, there had been a computer glitch with our reservation. They worked quickly to resolve it, and all was fine! The room was great, and when we had a problem, the staff was quick to respond! The breakfast was good and staff congenial! We will definitely return!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Leenie553
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed at the palace resort easter weekend. The only good thing about this hotel was the staff and the breakfast. The staff where very friendly and helpful, the room it self was old and it had a smell to it. This room needs to be remodeled the bathroom was old and the shower looked nasty. My own 7 year old said he didn't want to get in the shower because the way it looked. The elevator worked when it wanted to. I will never stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The best thing to do is actually go to the hotel and ask the manger could you see the inside of the...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends