Message from TripAdvisor:

Ranked #82 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
St. Louis MO
“Awful, Awful, Awful!!!”
Reviewed April 5, 2008

This place ruined Myrtle Beach for us. From the time we pulled in, and could not find a parking spot, then to a dirty elevator, and finally the utterly disgusting room! When we complained we looked at 3 other rooms and they were the same. UGH! Save your money, and please don't stay here. They have this horrible "air freshener" that makes the room smell awful. I am not sure what odor they are trying to cover up. This is NOT a palace and it's a disgrace that they call themselves that!

Stayed August 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
kentucky
Reviewed April 5, 2008

NEVER will go back!!! This place was nasty. The kitchen floor was so greasy you could not even walk in it and all the blinds were so nasty that when we went to shut them we had black greasy residue all over our hands. The cabinets in the kitchen were crooked and looked like they were about to fall off the wall. Spend your hard earned money going somewhere else.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Thomasville, NC
Reviewed March 31, 2008

Looking at the photos on the website you think that you are getting a really nice room, but that is far from the truth!! The room had an odor to it and was run down a lot! The bed didn't even look like it had been made that day! The Balcony was covered in bird droppings and was awful! The carpet had stains all in it! The Kitchen had very old appliances and was very small! The only good thing about the room is the view of the ocean! I will not be going back there and would not reommend it to anyone else either!

• Liked — The ocean view
  • Disliked — The Dirty Rooms & Balcony!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 14, 2008

My stay in Unit 408 in The Palace Resort was wonderful. The unit was spacious and clean and very comfortable to stay in, with a great ocean view, The front desk staff was friendly about answering my questions about attractions in the area.

My stay was short, but it was nice to be in Myrtle Beach in the off-season. There was so much to do, and more waiting for my next visit.

• Liked — Ocean View
  • Disliked — lack of luggage carts
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
NC
Reviewed March 10, 2008

I find it odd that people would diss the Palace...my family and I have been staying at the Palace for the past TWO DECADES and I cannot remember a time when we were there that someone's room had an odor nor did we receive bad service from the employees...as far as the check in time goes: not once were we told that we could check in at 12...at 12 most of the employess are on there lunch break! But anyways, the Palace is a great resort that I enjoy staying at and plan on purchasing my own condo

Stayed September 2006
1 Thank denay08
HENDERSONVILLE
Reviewed February 26, 2008

Terribly disappointed. Immediately getting off the elevator there
was an offensive odor. Apparently water pipe (or sewer) problems
in the room, our bedroom carpet was wet(I don't mean damp). This was not near a doorway. We approached staff, the concern was not there. The other carpet is stained and dirty. Kitchen could pass. Towels racks fell off the wall. We would not ever consider staying here again.
As a matter of fact was questioned by people from Wilmington area today, recommended any place but here.
Stayed on 9th floor D style room facing South.
On a bright note the desk staff were incredibly helpful and pleasant.

• Liked — View from the balcony
  • Disliked — Wet and Dirty Carpet
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
Boston
Reviewed February 21, 2008

I was a little surprised by the level of negativity exhibited by some of the participants of this site. I guess that the preponderance of reviews are contributed by unhappy tourists, some who may even have an agenda to punish a business who they think may have wronged them. I am contributing to this thread simply to balance some of the extreme views that I have read.

The Palace is NOT a hotel – it is a condo resort where the individual owners own the individual units. This offers you the opportunity to experience a vacation with all the comforts of home, including a full kitchen with refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishwasher, a living area for entertaining, and a balcony to get outside and enjoy the fresh air.

My third vacation at the Palace was during the last week of June in 2007, the week before Independence Day. It was, in a word…Glorious. Immaculate beaches, helpful lifeguards at every intersection, plenty of space on the beach right in front of the resort. No issues with bringing your own cooler on the beach. As a New Englander I am in complete awe of the fact that you can actually enjoy a cold beer while sitting in your beach chair without fear of arrest and incarceration. This is a very civilized environment of mostly families with a smattering of singles, and safe enough that my 12 year old could roam on his own.

When we wanted to get off the beach it was only a few steps (literally) to the pool deck with two swimming pools, more Jacuzzis than I could count, an ice cream shop, restaurant and a bar full of friendly tourists. My wife walked the pristine beach every morning while my son and I hung at the pool and exercise room (sauna, steam, exercise equipment). All we had to do was get on the elevator and walk out the back door. Because of the central location we were able to miss any of the normal summertime crowds and choose our own time to partake of the water parks, mini golf courses, shops, amusement parks and boardwalks, and still be back on the beach at the end of the day.

The Palace is the tallest building on the beach and our condo (2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 balconies, full kitchen and living room) was on the 18th floor facing south, which afforded us views of both the sunrise and sunset….Glorious. If you want a 5 star hotel stay at the Ritz. If you want a glorious vacation at an affordable price stay at the Palace. We have already booked our fourth Palace vacation for the same week this year.
If you are looking for the type of vacation that my family has enjoyed, go through Myrtle Beach Rooms For Rent and bear in mind, this is a condo resort – NOT a hotel.

• Liked — Location, Views, Beachfront
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family