Message from TripAdvisor:

Ranked #82 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Columbia, SC
“Nice Surprise”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Last minute find on the internet. Very good value for the money. Great view and room layout. Had a very good hot breakfast with the room rate each morning. Have some construction going on, but it will be for the betterment of the property. Was allowed to choose room to make sure it was up to standard. Housekeeping was nice, but a couple of the front desk individuals need to work on customer service. However, it was not enough to take away from the stay. Would look into staying there again for the value and experience.

Room Tip: Side sun rooms are awesome! Great view from the 14th floor.
1 Thank DejaVu14Columbia_SC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Huntersville, North Carolina
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Just got back from staying at the Palace Resort. Not a good place for families. My mother and 12 year old nephew went to the hot tub on the 22nd floor and walked up on a couple having s#* in the hot tub. She went to the front deck to complain and the girl at the desk just rolled her eyes and the man at the desk just said that it wouldn't take the man in hot tub long to be done with his business. A few days later when we asked the desk clerk if she could unlock the inside door to the hot tub on ground level because it was very cold and windy outside we were told no and if we didn't want to walk around to the outside door we could go to the 22nd floor. They were once again told about the people having s#* in that hot tub and the response this time was; that this was an on going problem and that she didn't understand why people keep doing it. So it seems that managment knows about the problem but yet no one does anything about it. This is the 21st century people, have you ever heard about security cameras or how about a security guard ( that was somthing that I only had a 10 second glance of the hole 5 days that I was there). I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Teresa B

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Garner, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We reserved a "Sun Suite" based on the pictures online and were a bit disappointed that the first room we attempted to check into did not have a queen bed and the room was quite dated and poorly furnished. We called the front desk and after a bit of conversation about the bed size, we were given the keys to 3 different rooms that were in the price range that we had reserved. The room we ended up in was lovely and newly upgraded (unlike the other 3 we visited) and was well maintained. We were pretty happy up to the pointthat we took a shower and found that the water pressure was almost non-existent. We couldn't even wash our hair in the shower because we didn't think we could get all the soap out. Nice free breakfast. I would be careful with taking the pictures on line as the "reality" of the type of room you may want to reserve. The rooms are not all equal and you should not be afriad to ask for another rooom. We were told that all the properties are decorated differently and individually owned. Something to definitely keep in mind.

The spas outside didn't seem to have been cleaned and had alot of bugs and sand in the bottom.

Room Tip: See notes about regarding how to look for a room that meets your expectations.
Gulfport, Mississippi
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Staying at this hotel has been a tradition for me and some of my military friends for many years. We have so many fun memories made here but over the years the property has gotten run down. This year they were doing renovations and it seems they are trying to modernize but it is a slow process. The elevators are slow...so slow that I can walk to the 5th floor before the elevator arrives to the first floor to pick me up.
All in all my love for this resort is probably because we have many great memories here.

• Stayed November 2012
new
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This place is great, This is my third year at the palace and I love it more and more. I stayed in unit 1004 this time and my room was absolutely beautiful. My only complaint is the housekeeping staff, I stayed for 7 nights and only received service 2 of my days. had to go to the front desk to get toilet paper, towels, and wash clothes. The front desk was wonderful, efficient, helpful, and knowledgeable of there job. They always spoke and greeted everyone with a smile (It is hard to find good workers nowadays). The breakfast buffet was great they had a variety of food such as: cheese eggs, bacon, ham, waffles, sausage patties, fruits, and during some of the week days you could order off of the menu where they offered french toast that was to die for. My room had a great view being on the corner of the building with floor to ceiling bay windows where I could see all the way down the beach. They are also doing plenty of reservations to the resort and it is already looking great. The renovations was no problem for me. I stayed in my room most of the day and enjoyed the waves going back and forth on the beach. If guys are looking for peace and quiet the palace is the place to be. I will like to thank the breakfast staff and front desk for there great customer service and being very friendly. It is because if you guys that I come back every year, even though there are a bunch of new faces. I love you guys see you next year!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Select 1004 if it just you and your spouse you will not regret it.
Conyers, Georgia
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This was the first time we stayed at the Palace. We rented one of the Sun Suite rooms but upon checkin we were not given the Sun Sweet room. I had to talk to the manager to get the room I rented. She was very helpful and got our room for us.
The Palace was very clean, and the room was well furnished with plenty of towels. Take your own dishwashing detergent, paper towels,and klenix as ithese were not furnished.
The free breakfast was wonderful. The cook made good tasting food, and plenty of it, we were able to order what we wanted, not just a dry buffet.
I would stay at the Palace again and recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: I would reccommend the Sun Sweet Rooms. It has a beautiful view of the city lights at night from th...
Sanford, North Carolina
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband and I have stayed several times in room 1511. We are the Treadwell's from NC. Our stays's are brief but wonderful and we appreciate the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms. We are getting up in age but still love the ocean and the peace that we get while staying. Thank you so much and God bless you. In Jesus precious Name The Treadwell's

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family