“Excellent service!”

DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #45 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Great value for the money! Good location, comfortable room, responsive management, excellent staff,. Customer satisfaction is a top priority.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
hsimon, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2011

Dear Past Guest,

Thank you so much for the terrific comments! We are constantly working on improving our property through room improvements to customer service, so it’s always wonderful to hear that our efforts have paid off. Looking forward to seeing you again!

SMB Management Team

Write a ReviewReviews (2,833)

Reviewed January 25, 2011

I have been to the springmaid for the last 6 years in May. I come down to celebrate the brotherhood of firefighters by participating the FDNY golf outing. The Maid is kinda the home base for the event. All I have to say is the staff here has been oustanding during our stays here. They prolly let us get away with a little more than some hotels would and it is much appreciated. It is during the off season so its not crowded and we pretty much have the place to ourselves. Its a place we can go relax and let off some steam and the maid is very accomodating. Thanks again and look forward to seeing yall soon... Is it May 2011 yet!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 18, 2011

Great value for a weekend get away. Plenty to keep a 5 year old busy even when it was cold outside. More people should visit off season. Family friendly resort.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 29, 2010

I am not a Myrtle Beach fan because of the traffic and the crowds. Springmaid is beside the state park which makes the setting perfect! I loved the unspoiled, quiet location. I also love the pier, by far the best pier I have ever been on. I was disappointed in our room. We booked on line through hotels.com and we were not given an ocean front room. In fact many of the rooms at this resort really look across at other rooms. I went back to the registration desk and requested a better room. We were given first floor in another building which was better but our view was obstructed by palm trees. I was told there were no other options but this was off-season and there were tons of unoccupied rooms the entire time we were there that we would have been much better satisfied with. The rooms need upgrading quite badly. Some of the staff was okay; some rude. The restaurant was not open even though we were told it would be. I would go back but would be sure I got a better room and I would hope that some of the remodeling would have been done beforehand.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
hsimon, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2011

Dear Past Guest,

After reading your review, I am very disappointed that our accommodations were not to your satisfaction. However, the only way in which we grow as a company, lodging facility, and place of employment is by feedback from our guests. With the improvements we are constantly making to better serve our guests, I can assure you that when you decide to return; your stay will be one with positive memories. We want to thank you for staying with us and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 25, 2010

We very much enjoyed our stay at Springmaid. We stayed in the three storey building - Cypress. We were offered an upgrade to Palmetto, but turned it down. we were more than happy with our room. Housekeeping (Karen) was very friendly. We also required maintenance one day and our problem was fixed very quickly. (Problem was my fault). It would have been nice if the big lap pool was heated, but it was no big deal. Overall a great holiday and plan on staying there next year, hopefully, a little bit longer.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

When I go to the beach, I don't care what kind of hotel room I have. I'm there for the beach. When I saw how inexpensive the room was going to be for five days, I didn't really expect much. The room was great, the view was fantastic! (all their rooms are at least oceanview if not oceanfront). The housekeepers on the fifth floor on the Palmetto tower were so friendly. The only drawback to this hotel is it's location. It is at the far south end, near the airport. It is nowhere near the main drag, and so there is less going on, on that end of the beach. Overall it was a really pleasant experience. I will definately go back

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2010

really the only thing good was the staff was friendly , bud everywhere , mildew rooms and showers dirty rooms i really dont know what else to say that was my experience it was off season and we had to stay here by choice was a family reunion was not my choice soo there you go i tried not to go back to the hotel until it was bedtime because i couldnt stand to look at the rooms !!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
hsimon, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2010

Dear Past Guest,

After reading your review, I am very disappointed that our accommodations were not to your satisfaction. We strive to accommodate our guests to the best of our abilities and I am sorry that we fell short in your expectations. Had we known about the condition of your room, we would have done our best to rectify the situation as soon as possible. We appreciate your feedback and work to make our resort one everyone will want to stay at. We want to thank you for staying with us and hope that we will see you again.

Travelers also viewed these Myrtle Beach hotels
Marina Inn at Grande Dunes
Marina Inn at Grande Dunes
#6 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Myrtle Beach/Coastal Grand Mall

Been to DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!