“Look 4 a better bargain!!!”

DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #43 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 3, 2009

My spouse and I went on our 1st trip w/o the kids and being it was just us all we needed was a room. Normally we would get a 1-2 bedroom. When reserving Springmaid rooms you have a option of an oceanview or an oceanfront . Honestly when you get there they tell you that none of their rooms are oceanfront. The room was old ran down, my light fixture didn't work, and the TV was so small that it hurt my eyes. This was supposed to be a non-smoking facility that's not true cigarette butts and ash trays in the hallway in front of the elevators. Only a couple of those were running. 4 me it was just an very unpleasant stay. Had I brought the kids they would have given me another room.
I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone unless you just cant afford something else and you just really want to be there. If your looking for a nice, peaceful @ home type atmosphere this is not the place. Old comforters, small bathrooms, they did have a fridge and microwave but that was about it.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
javaman1501, Director of Opertions at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2009

Dear Past Guest,

After reading your review I am very disappointed that our accomodations were not to your satisfaction. However the only way in which we grow as a company, lodging facility, and place of employment is by feedback from our guests. I understand that you are leary of returning to our facility based on your most recent experience, however with the improvemnets we are constantly making to better serve our guest I can assure you that if you decide to return you stay will be one with positive memories. We want to thank you for staying with us and hope that we will see you again.

SMB Management Team

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront

Reviewed May 15, 2009

Love, love, love it! Stayed at Springmaid on Mother's Day weekend as a present for me, a mom, and to visit my mom. Had stayed in the Live Oaks section the previous year, stayed in palmetto dunes this year. The hotel is right behind the Springmaid Pier and almost right next to Myrtle Beach State Park. So if you go out onto the beach and to the right(south) you can walk past dunes instead of hotels, it is very pretty and very quiet. There are multiple pools and a lazy river. The rooms are old and have been refreshed with new paint etc (at least ours were) but the ones we stayed in had not been gutted and redone to look like new or anything. We paid 128 for 2 nights total including tax and the rooms all have a view of the beach. We had a regular room but it had a fridge, chair, table, & balcony with chairs and table. If you want luxury this isn't it, but it is a nice basic room in an awesome location for a great price. We asked for extra towels which were brought to our room, no problem. We received directions for an auto store on the way home from the front desk at checkout and at check in at 10:30 at night, had a cheerful man checking us in and enquiring how our drive down was. It was unofficially bike week and they had reserved floors of the parking garage and spots in front of the parking for bikes and bike trailers but it was very quiet, and you are located so that you can go across through the old military base to all the new upscale shopping or get on 17 and go wherever without going through a lot of beachfront traffic. Also very near the airport, when we were there in the off season and stayed in Live Oaks building was not really noticeable; however this time the planes were taking off and landing coming directly over the Palmetto Dunes building, we're early risers at the beach so I didn't notice if it would wake you or not if you are a late sleeper. It is loud when you are on the balcony, I'd do Live Oak building in the on season if you think the planes will bother you. Saturday night the moon was full and rose red over the ocean, 8:30 maybe 9 and nobody but me and my hubby on the beach....just amazing :)

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank me_n_bill
Reviewed May 12, 2009

A friend of mine and I decided to take a last minute trip to Myrtle the weekend of May 2. We booked a room online last minute, and I was a tad worried about what we would find because of some of the reviews on here. But I am happy to report that we had a lovely stay. It was very easy to find, and we were checked in quickly. Our room had just been updated, it appeared, with new paint and decor. We were on the corner of the building looking directly at the ocean. Just beautiful. It was great for one night at the beach for us, but I know it would be a good place to stay if you just needed a room for a few nights. I doubt I would have wanted to "hang out" at the hotel, but it was a nice place to sleep!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank africandreams
Reviewed May 7, 2009

My family and I were to stay May 1st to the 6th, when we got there they gave us a small room. We informed them that we paid for a suite and was told we paid for a double bed room, we informed them that there reservations department told us it was for a suite at the corner of the building looking at the ocean.. We told the Manager Angela this was not acceptable, that we made our reservations and we should be given what we paid for. Well to make a long story short we left there so called resort and found a better place and a better rate down the street. They are not customer friendly. The place was also moldly. If you are making plans to stay there watchout. Make sure when you make your reservations they list the the room type except no other they con you very well.

Reviewed May 4, 2009

I got a great last-minute deal, $68 including tax for a Saturday night. I didn't expect much for that price but the room was nice and the view was BEAUTIFUL. All the rooms in the tower we were in had ocean views, but ours was front and center. It was clean and nicer looking than the typical cheap condo. The resort has a more secluded location compared to others that are on the "strip" so you can't really walk anywhere to eat but Damon's Steakhouse. They also have 2 restaurants on site but we opted to drive into town. The huge hotel pier and beach was really nice and there were several adult & kiddie pools and a lazy river spread throughout the resort buildings. Overall a great surprise!

1  Thank Graham2425
Reviewed April 27, 2009

We came in the Thursday before Easter, went to the front desk with no problem. Tne attendent (Angela I believe) was very pleasent and answered all our questions, she was also nice when we checked out. We went to our room and it was spacious and clean. The view from the balcony and the front door were excellent. We were in and out for4 a week and never had a problem with the room being ready. the people from the front desk, managers, and security were great. If I were to look back and try to find fault, it would be finding a parking place late at night when we came back, but even at this it was no big deal. Again the rooms and the people all made our stay a memorable and we plan on coming back.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cleanair72
Reviewed April 27, 2009

We have just returned from a 4 night stay (April 20 - 24) at this lovely resort. The staff is very pleasant and willing to satisfy needs of the guests. It's at the southern end of the "Grand Strand" and the location is perfect for relaxation and strolling along the clean grounds and beach front property.

Breakfast is a full buffet with the option of freshly prepared omlettes or waffles. There is a nice gift shop and cafe at the begining of the pier. The cafe features reasonably priced, simple foods and the gift shop sells fishing supplies as well as beverages, cigarettes, "fun in the sun" items and interesting souviners.

There are at least 3 buildings at this resort. The building where we stayed was called Palmetto Dunes and we stayed in room 501 that was perfect in all ways. It's a corner room overlooking the ocean (all rooms offer a view) but this room offers the sound of the ocean with the balcony door open. It was clean and the decor was calm and relaxing. Nothing fancy, but very accommodating with a large counter top to hold personal items on the outside of the tub/toilet area. Beside the window is medium sized table with 2 chairs and of course there is that fantastic view of the ocean.

The room offers a free safe (you decide your passcode) with unlimited access. A nice feature that gives freedom to enjoy your vacation without worrying about missing items or cash.

The pool areas were separated by clean walkways and this location does offer the opportunity to walk to Damons Restaurant (either by way of the beach area or by way of a street path with very little traffic).

There are dollies available beside the elevators to ease the burden of transporting luggage to your room. There is plenty of parking and the spots accommodate all sizes of vehicles.

All in all, it's a great resort, so pack your things and see if room 501 is available!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends