We have just returned from a 4 night stay (April 20 - 24) at this lovely resort. The staff is very pleasant and willing to satisfy needs of the guests. It's at the southern end of the "Grand Strand" and the location is perfect for relaxation and strolling along the clean grounds and beach front property.
Breakfast is a full buffet with the option of freshly prepared omlettes or waffles. There is a nice gift shop and cafe at the begining of the pier. The cafe features reasonably priced, simple foods and the gift shop sells fishing supplies as well as beverages, cigarettes, "fun in the sun" items and interesting souviners.
There are at least 3 buildings at this resort. The building where we stayed was called Palmetto Dunes and we stayed in room 501 that was perfect in all ways. It's a corner room overlooking the ocean (all rooms offer a view) but this room offers the sound of the ocean with the balcony door open. It was clean and the decor was calm and relaxing. Nothing fancy, but very accommodating with a large counter top to hold personal items on the outside of the tub/toilet area. Beside the window is medium sized table with 2 chairs and of course there is that fantastic view of the ocean.
The room offers a free safe (you decide your passcode) with unlimited access. A nice feature that gives freedom to enjoy your vacation without worrying about missing items or cash.
The pool areas were separated by clean walkways and this location does offer the opportunity to walk to Damons Restaurant (either by way of the beach area or by way of a street path with very little traffic).
There are dollies available beside the elevators to ease the burden of transporting luggage to your room. There is plenty of parking and the spots accommodate all sizes of vehicles.
All in all, it's a great resort, so pack your things and see if room 501 is available!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently remodeled, the entire 27-acre, oceanfront resort feels fresh and new. Our location on the quieter southern end of the famous Ocean Boulevard feels more secluded, yet this family-friendly resort is just minutes from all the excitement of Myrtle Beach's most popular attractions, theaters, shopping, dining and golf. Spacious, designer-renovated rooms include all ocean view balconies, beautifully appointed fabric and furnishings, plush 5 Diamond Series mattresses and bedding, granite countertops, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, safe and more. The resort features indoor/outdoor pools, Ocean Blue restaurant for all day dining, 18-hole miniature golf course, fitness center, gift shop, and wireless internet. The resort offers more than 35,000 square feet of meeting and event spaces and is host to Myrtle Beach's largest oceanfront Conference Center. All rooms are air conditioned and non-smoking. We offer a limited number of pet-friendly accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelPower, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, HotelsforEveryone, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springmaid Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Springmaid Beach Resort And Conference Center
- Springmaid Hotel
- Springmaid Resort
- Springmaid Beach Myrtle
- Beach Springmaid