We went to Springmaid for our 3/2014 spring break with a 3 and 5yo. It was our first trip to Myrtle Beach (from Chicago area). We were hoping to take a break from the year of polar vortexes, but apparently a vortex spotted us leaving IL and kept MB in the 50s F. After walking the MB strip, I am happy with the selection of Springmaid. At the end of the strip, Springmaid has more land to work with, giving it a sprawling resort feel likely unmatched by other hotels on the strip. Many MB hotels have not aged well, but Springmaid gets my A for effort on keeping their hotel renovated and relevant. Every member of their staff -- front desk, housekeeping, maintenance -- were pleasant to small talk with. Free mini golf and pier are nice comps other MB hotels don't have.
Needs improvement: Springmaid pools are designed for warm weather. Indoor pools pale in comparison to outdoor offerings. Bed sheets not changed during our 5 night stay. I think you have to call the front desk and request. Suggest calling for room with direct, 3rd+ floor view if ocean view is important. We booked online and it is hard to determine view by most room categories. We had to downgrade room to get ocean view.
Overall, we would be happy returning to Springmaid on our next MB vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently remodeled, the entire 27-acre, oceanfront resort feels fresh and new. Our location on the quieter southern end of the famous Ocean Boulevard feels more secluded, yet this family-friendly resort is just minutes from all the excitement of Myrtle Beach's most popular attractions, theaters, shopping, dining and golf. Spacious, designer-renovated rooms include all ocean view balconies, beautifully appointed fabric and furnishings, plush 5 Diamond Series mattresses and bedding, granite countertops, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, safe and more. The resort features indoor/outdoor pools, Ocean Blue restaurant for all day dining, the beachfront Southern Tide Bar & Grill, 1068 ft Fishing Pier, 18-hole miniature golf course, fitness center, gift shop, tackle shop, and wireless internet. The resort offers more than 35,000 square feet of meeting and event spaces and is host to Myrtle Beach's largest oceanfront Conference Center. All guests enjoy complimentary access to Springmaid Pier. Fishing is available at a discounted rate. All rooms are air conditioned and non-smoking. We offer a limited number of pet-friendly accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Cancelon, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springmaid Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Springmaid Beach Resort And Conference Center
- Springmaid Hotel
- Springmaid Resort
- Springmaid Beach Myrtle
- Beach Springmaid