“Chilling at Springmaid”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lake Zurich, Illinois
“Chilling at Springmaid”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We went to Springmaid for our 3/2014 spring break with a 3 and 5yo. It was our first trip to Myrtle Beach (from Chicago area). We were hoping to take a break from the year of polar vortexes, but apparently a vortex spotted us leaving IL and kept MB in the 50s F. After walking the MB strip, I am happy with the selection of Springmaid. At the end of the strip, Springmaid has more land to work with, giving it a sprawling resort feel likely unmatched by other hotels on the strip. Many MB hotels have not aged well, but Springmaid gets my A for effort on keeping their hotel renovated and relevant. Every member of their staff -- front desk, housekeeping, maintenance -- were pleasant to small talk with. Free mini golf and pier are nice comps other MB hotels don't have.

Needs improvement: Springmaid pools are designed for warm weather. Indoor pools pale in comparison to outdoor offerings. Bed sheets not changed during our 5 night stay. I think you have to call the front desk and request. Suggest calling for room with direct, 3rd+ floor view if ocean view is important. We booked online and it is hard to determine view by most room categories. We had to downgrade room to get ocean view.

Overall, we would be happy returning to Springmaid on our next MB vacation.

Room Tip: Call for a 3rd floor+ direct view if ocean view is important. Online listed categories are tricky...
1 Thank ben55124
Donald H, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Ben55124,

Your title says it all! "Chilling at Springmaid" That is what we strive to deliver. It is always great to hear when we succeed!

Thank you for taking the time to share all the lovely things you had to say about Springmaid Beach Resort! We appreciate the 4 star rating, and to have you here again for some more fun and relaxation. See you then!

Donald Hovis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (803)
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We decided to stay a couple more days and called and reserved room. We were told by the guy we made reservation there was indoor pool and hot tub. Well there is no hot tub on property!!! When we went to check in our room wasn't ready so when we walked around and discovered there wasn't a hot tub. We went back to front desk and could not get a refund because we were technically checked in. After expressing our displeasure were immediately given a room. In my opinion it was to not let us out. We were them told about their restaurant that supposedly had a great seafood dinner by a renowned chef. Well, needless to say we walked in the restaurant. After paying for buffet of what we thought was going to be seafood turned and looked at the shabbiest setup of buffet I had ever seen. And to top it off it was Italian buffet. I turned and asked for a refund and left. I can't even brag about the pier access, because we had it at our previous hotel. For the money you spend this isn't the extension of getaway we were looking for.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Animallover04,

After reading your review, I am very disappointed that our accommodations were not to your satisfaction. We strive to accommodate our guests to the best of our abilities and I am sorry that we fell short in your expectations. I'm very sorry that our staff provided you with incorrect info on the hot tubs and the seafood buffet. We appreciate your feedback and we work to make our resort one everyone will want to stay. We appreciate you bringing this situation to our attention, and we value your comments, feedback and your business with us.I understand that you are leery of returning to our facility based on your most recent experience, however with the improvements we are constantly making to better serve our guest I can assure you that if you decide to return your stay will be one with positive memories.

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this location for a wedding. Not bad but not the hilton type amenities. The only downside we couldn't stay at same building with wedding party my son and his new bride.

I would recommend most people will be outside enjoying the beach view which is gorgeous.

Stayed March 2014
Dear Pammie20,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your 4 star review of Springmaid Beach Resort. We appreciate all the nice things you had to say about us. We are thrilled that you were finally able, after so many tries, to join us and experience all we have to offer. We are glad you found your happy place, and look forward to having you back again and again. See you next time!

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I reserved 2 nights Friday and Saturday. We r on our way to Florida and wanted to make a pit stop and rest and have a good time. When I went to check in after driving for 12 hours I was informed I had to leave my room at 11 and check into another room the next day. I have kids and they shouldn't have reserved it like that... Totally unacceptable!!! So I talks to someone who took over an hour to find me another room that way I did not have to switch. So my kids spent 13 hours in a car because it took me OVER an hr to check in and get this straightened out. Had to walk a mile to park because the parking situation is horrible. Breakfast 7-9 seriously who wants a buffet that early after not getting checked in until 1130 pm. I was never once apologized to as a matter of fact when I was upset about the check in last night The lady Lace at registration was more mocking me because I let her know I was upset so she put a fake smile on her face and said have a nice trip. With all the bad there is some good... The sheets are clean and floor vacuumed. There is something funky on the bathroom wall. I have no idea what it is but should have been wiped b4 we got in here... The view is beautiful even with all the rain. I am glad I stopped halfway to Florida but not glad I chose this resort. Will be picking a different place on the way back:(

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Luv2travel2014d
Dear Luv2Travel2014d,

After reading your review, I am very disappointed that our accommodations were not to your satisfaction. We strive to accommodate our guests to the best of our abilities and I am sorry that we fell short in your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and we work to make our resort one everyone will want to stay. We appreciate you bringing this situation to our attention, and we value your comments, feedback and your business with us. I have forwarded your comments to our entire management team for your review and correction.

Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed March 28, 2014

My daughter and I visit Springmaid Resort each Spring for a getaway. We love everything about this place!. It is beautiful and well-kept and very secure. The updated rooms look great as well as other amenities. We usually stay in Cypress because my daughter hates elevators and we like being able to park close to our room. The view from our room this time was absolutely gorgeous!

Dear RebeccaW711,

Thank you for taking the time to share your 5 star review of Springmaid Beach Resort. It is always wonderful to hear when we do a great job so we can pass the accolades on to our team. We appreciate you writing! It was great reading your review and hearing about the wonderful time you had on your girlfriends getaway

We hope you get a chance to come back and see us again real soon. Thanks again for choosing Springmaid Beach Resort for your get-away!

Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed March 27, 2014

For over 10 years we have been vacationing at Springmaid Beach Resort. They recently updated the facility and guestrooms which is lovely...especially since I had booked the Resort as the Venue for my daughters wedding! The wedding was March 22, 2014 on the grounds in front of the conference center and the reception was held in the Springs Ballroom. As a first time "Mother of the Bride", I had a LOT of questions and the Wedding Coordinator, Kimberly Waffle was EXCELLENT!! I planned the wedding for over 10 months and Kimberly was there every step of the way. She never failed to be there for me. I also talked with Chevon who now works on the catering side... she was so helpful and went out of her way to be sure everything was just the way we wanted it to be for our daughter Aimee's special day. When you invest so much money and time into a wedding you want to be sure you are in good hands throughout the event. Kimberly even came to decorate and Chevon took the time to walk us through were she walked as she was also a bride at Springmaid. If I could give the hotel 10 stars I would...they left absolutely nothing out. The food was excellent... even our vendors D.G.Senter (florist), Gene Ho Photography, Coastal Wedding Consultants, Premier DJ Entertainment-Wayne Cribb-DJ, all remarked that Kimberly and her staff were wonderful to work with. It was so good, after over 10 years of going to Springmaid for vacations to hold the wedding someplace that truly felt like HOME. Thank you Kimberly and staff for making our day so grand!

Carol Morgan

Room Tip: All the room are great and oceanview! The Palmetto side is newer and has a parking garage attached...
1 Thank cmvacationplease
Donald H, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Cmvacationplease,

Thanks for taking the time to share your 5 star review of Springmaid Beach Resort. The team we have here at Springmaid Beach Resort is one of the happiest, friendliest teams I have ever had the pleasure of working alongside. We all understand the definition of the word "hospitality" and make sure we epitomize it daily.

It's great to hear that Springmaid Beach Resort is your Myrtle Beach Vacation Home. I enjoyed reading your comments on our staff for the wedding. We look forward to many more visits from you. See you next time!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband and I have business in Surfside Beach so stayed here just one night but wish it could have been extended. Upon check in we found we had been "upgraded" to a room with a better view and everyone we encountered was courteous. The accommodations were excellent! We were in the Palmetto building. The room was very spacious, had 2 queen beds and was modern and clean. This place is a hidden gem that we will definately be staying at in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Nancy M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your 5 star review of Springmaid Beach Resort. We appreciate all the nice things you had to say about us. We are thrilled to hear you were able to enjoy a relaxing stay-cation with us. We hope to see you again soon. See you next time!

Sincerely