DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #37 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Love it!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Our family reunion was held here. The hospitality room is spacious and allowed our family to meet here numerous times. All of our rooms were on the same floor. The parking deck near your room is amazing! The amenities cater to everyone. Rooms very clean and the staff was wonderful!

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (796)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Asked for pet friendly with handicap person and have ocean view---given groundfloor, no view, mold growing on the curtains. Manager not willing to fix situation and later call to general manager, Don [---]"I don't know how to fix this for you." If you have any special needs, this is not where you need to be.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank kaeli36
Donald H, Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Kaeli36,

I sincerely apologize for our accommodations not being to your satisfaction. I'm sorry that we didn't provide you with an excellent room. Our pet friendly rooms are all located on the First Floor of our Cypress Building and I'm sorry that doesn't have a direct view of the ocean. We appreciate you bringing this situation to our attention, and we value your comments, feedback and your business with us.I understand that you are leery of returning to our facility based on your most recent experience, however with the improvements we are constantly making to better serve our guest I can assure you that if you decide to return your stay will be one with positive memories.

SMB Management Team
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Springmaid Beach Resort was an awesome place, rooms are great and very friendly staff....all I can say is I can't wait until my next vacation.....there is so much to do there and watching people fish from the pier was awesome....all I can say is WE WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR.....

Room Tip: My room was great, I was in Live Oaks
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bishopville
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My reservations were made and handled promptly and efficiently. Upon arrival, there was approximately a 3-5 minutes wait time. The staff person that checked me in gave me an quick overview of requirements. She marked places that required the bracelet on the handout and gave directions of which elevator at Live Oaks would get me to my destination quicker. Had an awesome view of the ocean, lazy river, pool and patio. The food at Marlin's was AWESOME and the staff was friendly and helpful all over the resort. Even though I was at a church function; got to see some folks I have not seen in years who happened to be there for a family reunion. The weather was great also. Looking forward to my next "spring" to Springmaid Resort.

Room Tip: Rooms @ Live Oaks are great and I prefer the rooms with an oceanview.
Green Features: I really do not have any thoughts that I want to share regarding the hotel's environmentally-friendly practices.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DeltaPrexy
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was our first time here. We really loved the location, very few people on the beach. The room was good as I expected with the following exceptions: The AC had a noisy rattle when the compressor came on which woke us up while trying to sleep. The pillows were VERY uncomfortable. That is really the only issues with the room. We were on 6th floor in the Palmetto building so the view was great! The elevator did smell bad as others said but really wasn't an issue with us. Due to the proximity to the airport, low flying aircraft came over the resort. I am a pilot so I loved that! Overall it is a great place away from the mainstream area of Myrtle Beach. My family and I will definately stay here whenever we come to the Myrtle Beach area. Oh, the pier was great as well.

• Stayed September 2013
Boones Mill, Virginia, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was our second visit here but wanted to include our dog this time. We stayed in Cyprus on the first floor which was great. We were right at the pool and a close, easy walk to the ocean.
The grounds were well maintained and beautiful. We saw several other dogs but were never bothered by barking.
We arrived several hours early and since our room was ready we were able to check in immediately. Staff was very friendly and helpful with accommodations for our dog and areas that were friendly for him (he thoroughly enjoyed his visit and the beach).
Early September the weather was perfect and leash laws there allow dogs on a leash on the beach anytime so we weren't limited to beach access.
We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton
Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center Hotel
Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts
Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes

Been to DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!