DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #43 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 26, 2008

We stayed there for 3 days and 2 nights. Of all times during bike week. Talked to some other guests that were there before the bikers and they asked a elderly lady (70 plus) to move her car from under the hotel so the bikers could park there. Great. And security? bikes roaring until 4am. makes for a great family vacation. Leaky faucets, Oh the pot smell was just the added touch I needed. Walk out on your balcony and hear rap music at 11pm and get a contact buzz.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank jwk70
javaman1501, operations manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2008

Dear past guest,

I cannot appoligize enough that your family did not enjoy and were not able to have a relaxing vacation while in Myrtle Beach, SC. Unfortunatly the time of year that your family's vacaton was scheduled, there is a Atlantic Bike Week which takes place all over the Grand Strand. By no means necessary do we condone our guests behavior that you and your family experienced. I do hope that you and yours will reconsider Springmaid Beach as a vacation destination.

SMB Operations Manager

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront

Reviewed May 24, 2008

After I saw their website I was thrilled to plan a little vacation for my family and I. The pictures on the website are extremely misleading. After a very long drive I was so happy to check it, thats when it all started. 2 other families also planned a vacation with us, when we reserved we ask to have us all together, well that didnt happen. They tried to have us all on different floors. They did however change it so 2 of us could be next to each other. We all also reserved cribs. To our surprise no of us had any, though they did find us some pretty fast. Well when the cribs I went to make one for my infant daughter, I picked up the mattress and there was what looked like BLOOD,VOMIT, and STOOL. Boy was I pissed!!! I immediately called them and told them about this a requested the crib be removed at once. I was thankful that I brought our pack and play for her to sleep in. The next night our TV [--] it self, it took 2 days to get someone to replace it. My friend who was staying in the room next to us never had her A/C working after the guy was there to fix it, so they stayed in our room alot. Housekeeping SUCKED, we never got the garbage taken out, we had to take it our self, we had to request towels, new sheets, it to be vacuumed. After we complained about our stay we received a 10% discount. My husband was able to overlook all of it, loved it because he would wake up before any of us and head out to the pier and fish.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank poohwin_99
Reviewed May 1, 2008

We absolutely loved the location, our room, and the view from the balcony (6th floor). We received excellent service, rooms were cleaned every day. 240 high school band members arrived by bus on Thurs - security did a great job; the kids were quiet after 11:00 and we were impressed with the organization! The piers - both Springmaid & the State Park were a delight, and the boardwalk in the adjoining park was a great place to walk. We were on a golf package and the prices were excellent. We very much enjoyed our stay and look forward to coming back.

Barb & Marv Liley, Ontario

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2008

We stayed at this resort for 10 days and I was pleasantly surprised. I knew that this was an older resort and was not expecting it to be as nice as we found it to be. The rooms were exceptionally clean, the service was way more than friendly, the beach was clean and we really enjoyed fishing at the Springmaid Pier.

I don't recommend Marlin's , the onsight buffet, it tends to cater to the tastes of the older guests but there are too many great restaurants close by to worry about that.

They also have putt-putt and a game room for the kids, an onsite laudr-o-mat and the pools are great and the lazy rivers are even better. All rooms havwe an oceanview with balconies. We really enjoyed it and would definitely stay there again.

If you are looking for a 5 star resort, this is not it but it is very comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2008

We spent a little over a week at Springmaid. The wife attended the Watermedia workshop which is sponsored and facilitated by Springmaid and the Leroy Springs Company.
The facilities are quite nice, getting a little age on them but more than adequate. Our package was all inclusive and you could not ask for better help from the staff, the food service folks, etc.
It is not a Ritz Carlton but with the pier next door, ready access to the beach, golf courses within a few miles, I think it was a really sweet deal.
We spent four days later at the Marriott and it seemed they wanted to nickle & dime everything from parking to wi-fi. Not what I expected from Marriott.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2008

Stayed in Palmetto building in Feb 2008 for 6 day golf trip. Weather about 62 degrees all week, fine for golf. The Hotel is right at the Springmaid Pier for nice walks (no $1 charge for guests on the pier). Good restaurant at Pier for basic breakfeast. Hotel staff very pleasant, plenty of free parking, room was basic off white and clean. Great view of ocean. Only complaint was that something was splattered down one side of the fridge and had hardened, and was never cleaned. Honestly this should be cleaned or replace the fridge.The Palmetto heated pool was not working.Heated indoor pool at other building was very warm, but on the small side. there is a very large outdoor pool. There is no jacuzzi any where on the resort. The fitness room at Palmetto building appeared nice. The fact that you are almost directly on the flight path of the Myrtle Beach airport makes for some excitement, but did not bother us. As this was a golf trip, I can't comment on the shape of the pools or lazy river in the high season, but my impression is this place would be good for families and children, if room particulars do not bother you, and you are on a budget. Of course the weather is everything, and you will find the Springmaid at least comfortable, basically clean, a little rough around the edges, but adequate.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2008

My wife, daughter, and I stayed at the Springmaid Beach Resort this past weekend ( Feb 22-24, 2008 ) and even though the weather was lousy we when arrived, the Hotel staff was pleasant and welcomed us with open arms. We were given a room in the live oak section and it was one of the cleanest we had ever been in. The next day when the weather was better, the view off our balcony was tremendous. I had read reviews about the elevators being scary, but I found them to be reliable and safe. The entire experience was a great relief after the drive down on Friday in the rain. The full size refrigerator was a great addition also. I would recommend this resort to anyone who would like to relax after a long drive.

Lance