“Great accommodations”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Amelia Court House, Virginia
“Great accommodations”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Very pleased with the overall experience. Friendly staff, comfortable rooms, trailer parking for motorcycle trailer was a plus. This was a vacation of friends but would feel comfortable using this resort for family vacation. Next trip will take advantage of connecting rooms.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Angela H
Donald H, Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Angela H,

Thanks for sharing your feedback and comments with us, we always enjoy hearing from our guest and their vacation experiences. I'm happy that everything was just perfect for you, we value your business and appreciate your patronage.We look forward in having you and the family back with us on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

SMB Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (804)
Summerton, South Carolina
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Whenever my husband and I go to the beach, we know we are going to stay at Springmaid Beach Resort. The renovations appear to mostly be done and I LOVE the rooms. This is such a family resort. All rooms have a view of the ocean. Great mattresses. Market Common is a wonderful shopping area across Hwy 17 in the former Myrtle Beach AFB. The airport is located in the former AFB so don't be alarmed when you see planes that have taken off or are preparing to land. You should be having such a good time you may not even notice. The staff at Springmaid have all been so polite and helpful. Pier with great fishing located on the property.
For info only, there was a gentleman at the front desk at my checkout who hd a problem with the air conditioning. He said it was too loud. He said that "he was a country bumpkin" and was not used to noise like that in the room. I do not know the outcome but the staff person was very kind and helpful to the customer. I made sure to tell him so. The manager was not in yet (it was 6 am) and the staff person gave the customer all the information to get in touch with the manager.

Room Tip: Palmetto building has an attached parking deck. After leaving the check in and facing the Palmetto B...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Edna B,

Thanks for your patronage and we value your business and we appreciate you making Springmaid your Myrtle Beach vacation destination. We also really enjoy the recent renovations that have been made, and we want everyone to enjoy them as well. We look forward in having you and the family back with us on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I booked this hotel after reviewing their website and trip advisor comments. The website stated that the property was newly renovated and the comments on trip advisor made it appealing. I paid for a Deluxe room at an extra charge and when I arrived they said I had to stay in another building (which wasn't renovated) because I had a pet. This was not stated before I booked the room, otherwise I would not have paid the additional cost. The room was soooooo horrible!! Very very small, tiny bathroom and dirty linen and pillows. My family and I practically slept on the beach to avoid sleeping in the bed. After just sitting on the bed we noticed the pillows were deeply stained, itchy linen and stained towels. The bathroom door was up to the ceiling and literally scraping the ceiling light. After calling maintenance and having them come look at, the only response I got was "this is normal and is like this in all the rooms". I shared my concerns of how the noise sounds like its scraping the ceiling light. After calling maintenance and having them come look at, the only response I got was "this is normal and is like this in all the rooms". I shared my concerns of how the noise sounds like its cutting into the light fixture and I'm afraid of it falling on my daughter when she goes to use the bathroom. Again, I was told it's nothing to worry about because its like that in all the rooms.
The amount of money I spent (even after the supposed credit) was not worth it AT ALL!! It was like staying in a motel....disgusting and doesn't even meet the basic standards of hospitality.
Do not bring your family here, regardless to other reviews. You can stay at a Holiday Inn and receive hospitality ten times better than this place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Friendlytravel2013
Dear Friendlytravel2013,

After reading your review, I am very disappointed that our accommodations were not to your satisfaction. We strive to accommodate our guests to the best of our abilities and I am sorry that we fell short in your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and we work to make our resort one everyone will want to stay. We appreciate you bringing this situation to our attention, and we value your comments, feedback and your business with us.I understand that you are leery of returning to our facility based on your most recent experience, however with the improvements we are constantly making to better serve our guest I can assure you that if you decide to return you stay will be one with positive memories.

Shepherdsville
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Lots to do, pools,lazy river, dinning, putt putt. You do not have to leave the grounds for anything. Very peaceful. Rooms are spacious and very clean. Staff is friendly and efficient. Good place to hang out.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Peaches37,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and comments with us. It's great hearing from our guests, and we really enjoyed reading your review from the title "excellent place to chill out". We look forward in having you and the family back with us on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My first time at this resort and it was a really nice experience. My family from Maryland met my husband and me (from Savannah) there. I had checked out the property from head to toe on their website. My family and I had a great time at Springmaid Beach Resort. It seemed like we were on our own little private section of Myrtle Beach. We got there and some of my family had to wait for their room to be cleaned, but that was to be expected since the place is so busy. My Aunt's room was not cleaned well. I suppose they got into a rush, but she was compensated for her disappointment. On the other hand, I had no problem with my room being ready. I got there just when a line was long and people were checking in. The check in went pretty quickly. The property is very nice and reminded of being on a college campus with different buildings. We stayed in the Palmetto building. I did see a roach that ran so fast I couldn't kill it. I guess this can be expected sometimes when you have rooms that have refrigerators and microwaves. I did not see a bedbug for that would have been the last straw. Overall, not a bad place for family. I wish Marlins was open for lunch/and/or dinner.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Cynthia C,

We are thrilled to hear that you and your family loved our resort. We enjoyed reading your feedback and comments on your recent family gathering with us. We appreciate you mentioning the things wrong with your rooms, those comments have been forwarded to the entire management team for review. We look forward in having you and the family back with us on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I brought my family down here as a surprise summer vacation, and what a great time we had. The pier was great to walk or fish on, marlins was great for breakfast and our room was always clean by the time we got back. My kids loved the activities, it was great that they had scheduled activities for each day. I had never wrote a review on here before but when Lee gave me the card and told me a little about it, it was the least I could do. We had a great time and will definitely be back. Great service!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Drpangburn,

We are thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our resort. A surprise vacation is always nice, and I'm glad to read that everything was fantastic and everyone had blast. Thanks for your comments on our Kids Club Program, we feel that is a nice touch to an already great resort.We look forward in having you and the family back with us on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

TN
Reviewed June 4, 2013

After a less than great experience in Gatlinburg, TN.. my husband and I decided to go to Myrtle Beach for 5 days...This "spur of the moment" trip became one of the most enjoyable beach trips we have had in 32 yrs. of marriage. The Springmaid Beach Resort was the perfect beach home. Access to the beach is wonderful, the pier is great for fishing (if you desire), and just walking around. We had wonderful room service. Our room was often cleaned before we got back from breakfast. Being at the south end of the beach was really nice. Away from some of the hustle and bustle of the northern areas. A short drive to Murrell's Inlet where you will find the best dining anywhere. We can't wait to visit again.

Room Tip: As long as I have an ocean view...I'm Happy!!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jtjcompton
Dear Jtjcompton,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and comments with us. It's nice to see that we were a spur of the moment vacation stop and everything went fantastic. Glad to hear that you had wonderful room service and the entire resort was to your satisfaction. We look forward in having you and the family back with us on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.