“Excellent place to spend vacation. My overall rating would be excellent.”

DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #47 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was my first trip/stay at Springmaid and it was a very pleasant, enjoyable stay. There was lots to do and see. The pier was amazing good place to walk. We even saw a wedding from our balcony!! I would stay at Springmaid again & again...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Donald H, Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Dear Peggy75-13,

Thanks for taking the time to write your feedback and comments. We appreciate your patronage on your first visit/trip with us. We feel our resort and pier are the best in Myrtle Beach, and were glad you were able to enjoy a vacation with us. We look forward in having you and the family back with us on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

SMB Management Team

Write a ReviewReviews (2,853)

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We always make this our first choice when going to Myrtle. The staff is excellent, rooms are clean, and the resort is excellent. Perfect for families! Walking distance to resturants. The pier is awesome, and the pools are great. I really love this hotel, we have stayed at several, and this is my favorite!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Nicole T,

We are thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our resort. We're extremely glad to see your comments on our resort and being family-friendly. We enjoyed reading your comments about us always being your first choice in Myrtle Beach. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and comments on our staff, clean rooms and your stay at Springmaid Beach Resort. We thrive to provide the best family accommodations on the south end of beach. We look forward in having you and the family back with us on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I travel frequently, and we have certain expectations in a hotel. What I saw in the reviews for Springmaid, was that people were more than satisfied with the resort. But I have to ask why?? I was completely taken aback at the quality of the hotel. While they say it's been renovated, what did it look like before? A shanty? The renovations were low level quality. The bathroom, well, that was laughable, as there wasn't any place to put our belongings. I worried that my toothbrush would fall in the toilet since there wasn't a lid on it. We were given a handicapped accessible room, so the shower was very odd! The conditioner pump didn't work, so I had to take the lid off to get to it. Gross. Room cleanings? We had to call to get the room cleaned, as the one time we were in the room, we told them to come back. They never did. And when they finally did...they didn't vacuum. (Think: sand) The room was a giant room (perk), but it was dark an uninviting. The view was fabulous, though the deck was not private. Looking for good rest? You will NOT find it here. Every single night there was loud people in the walkways and constant banging of doors. People partied till 2am. Sorry, I have a family, so that doesn't make me happy. We went when there was not a conference going on for 2 out of the 3 nights. (One night had a youth group and that was nuts!) The pools? Busy. Lots of pools, and you can tell the money spent went on them, but again, I say, busy pools. Not to mention, the people there had obnoxious behavior toward each other around in the lazy river. (It's a LAZY river, right?) The beach, beautiful. Though... there are sharks. Lots of them, so be careful not to go out too far. Restaurants? Well, if you want bar food, and not good stuff, then that works for you. But if you watch how you eat, then it's not for you. Myrtle is not the place for fine dining, as I have discovered. The biggest plus I would say for this hotel is that the pools, the beach and views are what makes it nice. (Oh yea, and the free mini golf is a nice perk.)

Room Tip: We stayed at the Palmetto building. Definitely need a high room to get good views.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Drchumby,

After reading your review, I am very disappointed that our accommodations were not to your satisfaction. We strive to accommodate our guests to the best of our abilities and I am sorry that we fell short in your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and we work to make our resort one everyone will want to stay. We appreciate you bringing this situation to our attention, and we value your comments, feedback and your business with us.I understand that you are leery of returning to our facility based on your most recent experience, however with the improvements we are constantly making to better serve our guest I can assure you that if you decide to return you stay will be one with positive memories.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This hotel is located right on the ocean so your walk to beach is very short. they have just completed a total update to rooms. they offer a bar and pier on property for you enjoyment. they offer several pools and a lazy river along with a buffet on site. This resort is both singles and family friendly. The beach has lifeguards and both chairs and umbrellas for rent. Its location is convenient to Business 17 and Ocean Blvd, The only slight problem with location is its close to airport and many planes fly over property.

Room Tip: all the rooms are great... I have stayed here for the last 10 years in MAY
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Donald H, Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Bob L,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and comments on your most recent stay with us. Were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your vacation with us. We enjoyed reading your comments on our resort amenities, and we truly feel that with these amenities we have the best resort destination in Myrtle Beach. We look forward in having you and the family back with us on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stay here every year so I'm used to everything by now. The rooms are very clean and the staff is very nice. Although I usually stay in the Palmetto Building this time I stayed in the Live Oak. Seemed a little smaller but it's right by the Pier and the restaurant. Very easy access to the beach. Parking is free so that's a plus and so much to do. I went during Memorial Day and Bikers Week and the location is perfect. Easy to get to the airport and Mall. Love coming here!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Trissta G,

Thanks for making Springmaid Beach your Memorial Day Vacation destination for many years. We value your business and patronage. We are thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our resort. We recently just completed a renovation and were glad you were able to enjoy the Live Oak Building on this most recent stay with us. We look forward in having you and the family back with us on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

My fiancé and I decided to get married at the beach. So we decided to go to Springmaid Beach Resort. They have one of the BEST wedding advisors in the world Kimberly Waffle. She helped us make arrangements and it was a breeze. I had no worries she took care of everything. If I had any questions she was right there to answer them. We stayed in the hospitality suite, which we had never stayed in before it was just amazing. We loved our trip and our wedding on the beach was amazing as well. We did use another agency for that, but Springmaid is the place to be to have a gorgeous wedding or a dream vacation. We love it there. As I said before they have an amazing staff. They will take care of you. We love Springmaid Beach Resort!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Donald H, Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear ChristiePate,

We are thrilled and excited to hear that you and your fiance enjoyed your vacation & wedding with us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and comments with us. Thanks for your comments on our venue being the perfect place for a wedding. We look forward in having you and the family back with us on your next visit to Myrtle Beach. Congratulations and best wishes on a happy marriage.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

This Resort was perfect for our 3 day trip to Myrtle Beach. Upon check in we were originally put in a first floor room. I really wanted a upper floor for a better view because this was my first real trip to the beach. The front desk hooked us up and found a 5th floor room in Live Oaks building and we were more than happy! The room and hotel was neat, clean and tidy.

We especially enjoyed the fact that this hotel is just a little off the beaten path because it was Bike week so it was a lot quieter than some other places that week. We loved having the beach right outside our door. We saw 2 amazing sunrises and multiple walks on the beach. It was a wonderful, affordable getaway!

Room Tip: Upper rooms have a better view. If in Live Oak try to get a room towards the middle so you can look...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple