“Enjoyable” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
South Carolina
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was only here for one night for a short conference. We were very happy with the room for the off season rate that we received. The weather was not very warm so we did not spend any time enjoying the outside amenities. The location was good and not in an extremely busy location which was nice. Our room was clean and very spacious.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank rangerwild
Donald H, Manager at Springmaid Oceanfront Resort Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Past Guest,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed an enjoyable vacation with us. We feel our resort is a hidden ‘gem’ as the beach is usually less crowded than everything north of us. Thank you for making us apart of your vacation and we look forward to seeing you again.

SMB Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (761)
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We have stayed here twice now. We stayed in the Palmetto building the first time which gave us a direct view of the ocean. We could also park on the same level as our room. It was nice and clean and there were lots of things to do there. The second stay was at the Live Oak building. We had a side room where you could see the ocean but not really look straight out at it as the first building we were in. It was clean, but the towels were not very soft at all. Both had a fridge, microwave and coffee maker in them and both had comfortable beds. If we go back, I would ask for the Palmetto again. All the people that worked there were very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed both stays. I would go back again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank retired1m2
Dear Past Guest,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us. We feel our resort is a hidden ‘gem’ as the beach is usually less crowded than everything north of us. Thank you for making us apart of your vacation and we look forward to seeing you again.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I purchased two of the one night stay in a deluxe room at the Springmaid resort that I used this past weekend to celebrate my birthday (March 30& 31) What Groupon and Springmaid failed to tell the purchaser was that the Springmaid has serious renovations going on and half of the resort is off limits, and I had called a week prior to going, and visited the facilties website, NOTHING about the renovations. According to the groupon deal we would have access to 6 pools (2 heat) which was a HUGE selling point for me, 2 restaurants (one closed for renovations) and deluxe accommodations with 2 Queen size beds. Well, due to the renovations, 4 of the 6 pools where closed, and the one heated pool we had access too was so cold you couldn’t swim in it, not only that, but we had to walk across a construction zone to get to it.
When I booked my stay with them, I was told I would be in the Palmetto Dunes building, which at the time according to Springmaid had the only deluxe rooms available. When we arrived, we were placed in the Live Oaks building, which half was closed for renovations, so instead of a peaceful and relaxing stay, we woke to the sounds of hammers, drills, and workers for the weekend. The room in my opinion was a standard with two full beds, not queen size. The parking was a nightmare, and the staff was rude, and very unapologetic about the inconvenience they caused.
Would not recommend this place to anyone. I was by far the worst trip I have ever taken

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank BC B
Dear Past Guest,

After reading your review, I am very disappointed that our accommodations were not to your satisfaction. We strive to accommodate our guests to the best of our abilities and I am sorry that we fell short in your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and we work to make our resort one everyone will want to stay. We appreciate you bringing this situation to our attention, and we value your comments, feedback and your business with us.I understand that you are leery of returning to our facility based on your most recent experience, however with the improvements we are constantly making to better serve our guest I can assure you that if you decide to return you stay will be one with positive memories.

Moreland, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We have vacationed here the last four summers and always look forward to coming back. It is a total package with the ocean view, newly remodeled rooms, pier, and great beach for a good value.

It is not crowded like the high rises up the beach, instead it borders a state park with plenty of uncrowded beach to stroll on. The resort is off the main drag, so there is no road noise. It is near the airport approach path, but there is an airport curfew and we rarely notice the air traffic over the sound of the ocean.

There are two dining options on sight, as well as, a microwave and full size refridgerator/freezer in the rooms. My wife gets up early to view and photograph the sunrise from the room balcony. My son and I body surf until we're exhausted.

Room Tip: We have only stayed in the Palmetto Dunes and White Oak. The last two visits, we have upgraded to th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Clemmons, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

OK, I see this place is rated high as a resort. Frankly I don't see it. However I am attending a conference in the on site conference center.This is the worst facility I have seen in my career - 35 years in buisiness. The management has not made much of an effort to maintain the facility. NO directional signs for what's going on. The events have to do make their own. When you enter the conf. center you enter a GIANT cavernous old and NOT very well lit ballroom. Get on the elevator and head up. Old, out of style, uncomfortable, crappy facility. The restrooms are not even clean or well kept. It's like the conference center is an after thought. Needs a total Re Do. I would definitely NOT plan a conference for this place - It's embarrassing.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jim C
Donald H, Manager at Springmaid Oceanfront Resort Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, February 19, 2013

Dallas, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We have enjoyed staying at Springmaid Resort at least a couple times a year for many years! We love the convenience of having a pier to walk and fish, a novelty gift shop, the spacious grounds, the clean and comfortable rooms, and the friendly staff. We first started vacationing at Springmaid because of the reasonable prices and activities for the kids, and now that the kids are gone, we're on our own to enjoy Springmaid Resort for the convenient south Myrtle location, just blocks from movies, shopping, and attractions. We especially like the package which includes the buffet breakfast...That's the best way to start the day at the beach.

Room Tip: All the rooms are ocean view. We haven't stayed in a bad room here.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Donald H, Manager at Springmaid Oceanfront Resort Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Past Guest,

We are thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our resort. We value your business and we appreciate you making Springmaid a vacation tradition. We look forward in having you and the family back with us on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Wilmington, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife and I went this past weekend to the SC Square Dance Convention. We were assigned a room in the Cypress Building. The Cypress is far below the standard of the other two buildings. The 3 story building has no elevator. The door to the room (metal) had dents in several places and rubed the floor and ceiling when the door was opened (hard to open and close.). The light switch in the bathroom (contained a comode and tub with a showerhead....no sink, no mirror) might turn on the light....might not. No soap or shampoo. The sink in the entrance to the room didn't have a "stopper" so it would not hold water. The buttons on the phone to call the front desk, restaurant, pier, etc didn't work. Coffee maker had old, used coffee bag in it and the top of the pot was filthy. Had friends from my city who were assigned the room next to ours....who moved out due to mold in the shower (suspect we had mold too, as each morning when we got up my wife had a headache and I had sinus prblems....both cleared up after being out of the room a few hours.) Visited friends who were in LiveOak....the Cypress is "well below the standards" of the other buildings. For fear of getting a room in the Cypress.....I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE. THE CYPRESS BUILDING SHOULD BE TORN DOWN (not even rentavated)

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Robert J
Dear Past Guest,

After reading your review, I am very disappointed that our accommodations were not to your satisfaction. We strive to accommodate our guests to the best of our abilities and I am sorry that we fell short in your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and we work to make our resort one everyone will want to stay. We appreciate you bringing this situation to our attention, and we value your comments, feedback and your business with us.I understand that you are leery of returning to our facility based on your most recent experience, however with the improvements we are constantly making to better serve our guests I can assure you that if you decide to return your stay will be one with positive memories.