“Springmaid is always a good vacation at the beach!”

DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #46 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We have enjoyed staying at Springmaid Resort at least a couple times a year for many years! We love the convenience of having a pier to walk and fish, a novelty gift shop, the spacious grounds, the clean and comfortable rooms, and the friendly staff. We first started vacationing at Springmaid because of the reasonable prices and activities for the kids, and now that the kids are gone, we're on our own to enjoy Springmaid Resort for the convenient south Myrtle location, just blocks from movies, shopping, and attractions. We especially like the package which includes the buffet breakfast...That's the best way to start the day at the beach.

Room Tip: All the rooms are ocean view. We haven't stayed in a bad room here.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Donald H, Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Past Guest,

We are thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our resort. We value your business and we appreciate you making Springmaid a vacation tradition. We look forward in having you and the family back with us on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife and I went this past weekend to the SC Square Dance Convention. We were assigned a room in the Cypress Building. The Cypress is far below the standard of the other two buildings. The 3 story building has no elevator. The door to the room (metal) had dents in several places and rubed the floor and ceiling when the door was opened (hard to open and close.). The light switch in the bathroom (contained a comode and tub with a showerhead....no sink, no mirror) might turn on the light....might not. No soap or shampoo. The sink in the entrance to the room didn't have a "stopper" so it would not hold water. The buttons on the phone to call the front desk, restaurant, pier, etc didn't work. Coffee maker had old, used coffee bag in it and the top of the pot was filthy. Had friends from my city who were assigned the room next to ours....who moved out due to mold in the shower (suspect we had mold too, as each morning when we got up my wife had a headache and I had sinus prblems....both cleared up after being out of the room a few hours.) Visited friends who were in LiveOak....the Cypress is "well below the standards" of the other buildings. For fear of getting a room in the Cypress.....I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE. THE CYPRESS BUILDING SHOULD BE TORN DOWN (not even rentavated)

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Robert J

Dear Past Guest,

After reading your review, I am very disappointed that our accommodations were not to your satisfaction. We strive to accommodate our guests to the best of our abilities and I am sorry that we fell short in your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and we work to make our resort one everyone will want to stay. We appreciate you bringing this situation to our attention, and we value your comments, feedback and your business with us.I understand that you are leery of returning to our facility based on your most recent experience, however with the improvements we are constantly making to better serve our guests I can assure you that if you decide to return your stay will be one with positive memories.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I attended a conference at this hotel this week. The hotel is not beautiful and is in need of repair. The thing that I could not overlook was the bed bugs found living in my roommate's headboard. It was confirmed by maintenance that those were in fact bed bugs. A manager was never available to speak to us directly concerning this matter and we later learned that the hotel planned to wait until Friday to have the room treated. They did not notify the connecting rooms of the situation. I know this because those rooms were apart of our conference group.

• Stayed: January 2013
8  Thank Candia23
Donald H, Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Dear Past Guest,

After reading your review, I am very disappointed that our accommodations were not to your satisfaction. We strive to accommodate our guests to the best of our abilities and I am sorry that we fell short in your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and we work to make our resort one everyone will want to stay. We appreciate you bringing this situation to our attention, and we value your comments, feedback and your business with us.I understand that you are leery of returning to our facility based on your most recent experience, however with the improvements we are constantly making to better serve our guest I can assure you that if you decide to return you stay will be one with positive memories.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I would highly recommend staying at Springmaid Beach Resort. Very comfortable, low key and peaceful. The staff was friendly and helpful. I have never experienced such a quick check in with any of my other travels.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Past Guest,

We are thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our resort. We appreciate you taking the time to share your great experience with us. We thrive to provide the best family accommodations on the south end of beach. We look forward in having you and the family back with us on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My family has been staying at Springmaid since before I was born! Needless to say there have been upgrades! Its very family friendly. The rooms r recently renovated and clean. No matter which pool u r at it never seems to be crowded. The only draw back is the summer, it's a bit over priced, but then what hotel isnt.

• Stayed: August 2012
Donald H, Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Past Guest,

We are thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our resort. We look forward in having you and the family back with us on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

The beach is beautiful, and would be nice if the weather was warmer. Convenient to lots of restaurants and entertainment.
Loved the view from the dance floor. The picture windows gives it a real open feeling.
The updated renovations to rooms and grounds make it real attractive.

Room Tip: Request a room near the elevators
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I loved my stay at the Springmaid Resort!!! I cannot begin to say enough good things about the staff. Before I even arrived, I was incredibly impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the reservations department. Check-in was easy and we were quickly directed to our room. I could not get over the size of our room. It was huge!! We had plenty of room to stretch out, which was great. This was my first trip to the beach, in the winter. I've been missing out. I will most definitely be returning to the Springmaid and hopefully very soon!!!

Room Tip: It seemed like all rooms had an oceanview, so you really can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Past Guest,

We are thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our resort. We thrive to provide the best family accommodations on the south end of beach. We look forward in having you and the family back with us on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.