DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront
GreenLeadersSilver level
Columbia, South Carolina
“Felt Like Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I would highly recommend staying at Springmaid Beach Resort. Very comfortable, low key and peaceful. The staff was friendly and helpful. I have never experienced such a quick check in with any of my other travels.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Donald H, Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Past Guest,

We are thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our resort. We appreciate you taking the time to share your great experience with us. We thrive to provide the best family accommodations on the south end of beach. We look forward in having you and the family back with us on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

SMB Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (796)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

My family has been staying at Springmaid since before I was born! Needless to say there have been upgrades! Its very family friendly. The rooms r recently renovated and clean. No matter which pool u r at it never seems to be crowded. The only draw back is the summer, it's a bit over priced, but then what hotel isnt.

• Stayed August 2012
Donald H, Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Past Guest,

We are thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our resort. We look forward in having you and the family back with us on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Statesboro, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

The beach is beautiful, and would be nice if the weather was warmer. Convenient to lots of restaurants and entertainment.
Loved the view from the dance floor. The picture windows gives it a real open feeling.
The updated renovations to rooms and grounds make it real attractive.

Room Tip: Request a room near the elevators
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I loved my stay at the Springmaid Resort!!! I cannot begin to say enough good things about the staff. Before I even arrived, I was incredibly impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the reservations department. Check-in was easy and we were quickly directed to our room. I could not get over the size of our room. It was huge!! We had plenty of room to stretch out, which was great. This was my first trip to the beach, in the winter. I've been missing out. I will most definitely be returning to the Springmaid and hopefully very soon!!!

Room Tip: It seemed like all rooms had an oceanview, so you really can't go wrong.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Past Guest,

We are thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our resort. We thrive to provide the best family accommodations on the south end of beach. We look forward in having you and the family back with us on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Elgin, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I decided to take my family and dog to Myrtle Beach for the weekend. I read online reviews went with Springmaid Resort. We arrived to the resort about 10 pm. Check in was quick and the receptionist was polite. As I was walking away from the front desk, I heard a gentleman asking about the internet. I overheard the employee say that they were changing carriers so there may not be any internet as they make the switch. I turned back around to ask the lady about the internet and about the breakfast tickets I had purchased.
The room had a very strong dog odor to it. The smoke detector kept beeping. I tried to call the front desk from the room, but got a reorder tone (similar to a busy signal) that indicated the phone system was down. So, I tried calling the front desk several times from my cell phone but no one answered. Finally, the detector stopped and I quit trying to call. (Perhaps it was due to the heat being turned on?) The room was old, and in major need of repair. There were ugly, badly dented metal doors at the entrance door and door to adjoining room. When I went to put snacks on top of the microwave, my hand got dust all over it! Yuck!
The beds were comfortable and we all slept fine. The next morning, we were awakened by the persistent barking of the dog in the adjoining room. When I took a shower, the water in the bathtub took forever to drain out. As I was straightening my bed sheets the next morning, I noticed two fleas crawling on my comforter! Eeek! I should’ve demanded then to change rooms, but I figured all the rooms were that way and that my dog had already gotten fleas. If I saw two in plain sight that easily, I could only imagine how many others there were that I couldn’t see!
Breakfast- We paid $7.50 prior to check in, but the price at the restaurant would’ve been $9.00. Breakfast was not bad, but not impressive either. There was fruit, grits (hard and dry), eggs, sausage, potatoes, etc. The best part was an omelet station.
We checked out the next morning and noticed that a pizza box lying on a trash can in the corridor was still there from when we checked in two days earlier. Eeew! We ate at a nearby IHOP that last morning for $7.99 and enjoyed a hot, delicious breakfast! We regretted that we didn’t eat there the morning before! Our stay at Springmaid Resort was horrible, but thankfully, we enjoyed Myrtle Beach and the nearby parks. Oh, did I mention that the PIER was closed??? It sure would’ve been nice to know that prior to reserving or at least prior to check in!
When I arrived home, I had to purchase box of Frontline to treat my dogs and three cats for fleas. ($49.99) I am headed to the store tomorrow to purchase the boric acid my vet suggested I vacuum with to get fleas out of carpet just in case.
I highly recommend that you DO NOT STAY at SPRINGMAID!! I do not enjoy writing negative reviews, as you can see from my other reviews, but I feel I must warn others about this horrible place! If you want any more information, feel free to email me.

Room Tip: Stay away from Cypress Building, or maybe the whole resort!
2 Thank mrsbgranger
Donald H, Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Past Guest,

After reading your review, I am very disappointed that our accommodations were not to your satisfaction. We strive to accommodate our guests to the best of our abilities and I am sorry that we fell short in your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and we work to make our resort one everyone will want to stay at when they come to Myrtle Beach. I understand that you are leery of returning to our facility based on your most recent experience, however with the improvements we are constantly making to better serve our guest I can assure you that if you decide to return you stay will be one with positive memories.

Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Attended the South Carolina Wellness and lifestyle show in January 2013. Was very disappointed with the facilities, they are small and dark, it was not a large show but it was very cramped. No real signage to direct visitors to the proper parking lot, let alone the correct doors to the facility.

Dear Past Guest,

After reading your review, I am very disappointed that our accommodations were not to your satisfaction. We strive to accommodate our guests to the best of our abilities and I am sorry that we fell short in your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and we work to make our resort one everyone will want to stay at when they travel to Myrtle Beach. I understand that you are leery of returning to our facility based on your most recent experience, however with the improvements we are constantly making to better serve our guest I can assure you that if you decide to return you stay will be one with positive memories.

spartanburg,sc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Thank you Springmaid for making our stay at your place so good this year.We were with you 29 Dec.12 thur 1Jan.13 and 19 Jan and 22 Jan,2013. Both stays were Great and the up-dated rooms Were great to.The services was good as always.We will Be back as soon as we can.
Thank,You
Jack and Hannalore Burns

Dear Past Guest,

We are thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our resort. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and comments. We value your business. We look forward in having you and the family back with us on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.