“Late Fall vacation”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bellevue, Nebraska
“Late Fall vacation”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The rates were very reasonable; the location is great, easy to get in and out; the remodeled rooms are very nice. Convenient to Market Commons. We are planning on returning the summer with all the family, getting three room.

Room Tip: All room have a great ocean view. Great updates.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Donald H, Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Past Guest,

We are thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our resort. We're extremely glad to see your comments on our resort and being family and kid-friendly. We thrive to provide the best family accommodations on the south end of beach. We look forward in having you and the family back with us on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

SMB Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (804)
Ohio
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We were to stay @ the Live Oaks building but when we arrived, we were told it wasn't available. We stayed at the Palmetto building & yes, there is remodeling going on. For the cost, you can't go wrong but the hotel boasts of the renovations. Our furniture is chipped, the entrance door can't be new, the carpet isn't clean, the bedding appears that it was balled up in the corner of the room (very wrinkled), the refrigerator is filthy on the outside and the noise is something else! The "turbo heater" when it is on is loud and all airplanes landing at the airport fly directly over this hotel. (and that is very often!) Would I stay again? No.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Past Guest,

After reading your review, I am very disappointed that our accommodations were not to your satisfaction. We strive to accommodate our guests to the best of our abilities and I am sorry that we fell short in your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and we work to make our resort one everyone will want to stay. I understand that you are leery of returning to our facility based on your most recent experience, however with the improvements we are constantly making to better serve our guest I can assure you that if you decide to return you stay will be one with positive memories.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed November 16, 2012

No thanks. I will not stay here again. The place is old and musty. The room layout was very strange (sinks by the beds) and the first thing I wanted to do when I got home was take a shower! The breakfast area is huge, packed with people and the food quality reflects the huge numbers of people that file through. Yuck.

The proximity of the fishing pier is the only bonus to this place.

I'm not trying to be snobby. I love a good deal and I am no stranger to discount hotels, but this place is not nice! You can find places that are much nicer for the same or similar price all over MB.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Past Guest,

After reading your review, I am very disappointed that our accommodations were not to your satisfaction. We strive to accommodate our guests to the best of our abilities and I am sorry that we fell short in your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and work to make our resort one everyone will want to stay. I understand that you are leery of returning to our facility based on your most recent experience, however with the improvements we are constantly making to better serve our guest I can assure you that if you decide to return you stay will be one with positive memories.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was me and my boyfriends first vacation together, I decided to take him on a surprise vacation for 4 days. We had a great time and all the staff was very friendly. We both work at a 4star resort and were very pleased with the property. We enjoyed being close to shops and restaurants. The restaurant Damions is a must do.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Past Guest,

We are thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our resort. We thrive to provide the best family accommodations on the south end of beach. We look forward in having you and the family back with us on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Springmaid Beach resort is a wonderful place! I've been attending their Watermedia Workshops for years, and I've watched the hotel get better and better. This year the rooms in Live Oak Building have been renovated with beautiful granite countertops and fresh decor. The cafeteria serves good food and Ray's omelets are the best!

Room Tip: All rooms are Oceanview!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Past Guest,

We are thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our resort. We really enjoy having artists and instructors from all over the country here for our Workshops. It's a shining star for us, and were extremely glad that your really enjoyed Springmaid Beach Resort. We hope to see you at another Workshop again real soon.

Sumter, South Carolina
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We came down to do some fall fishing but enjoyed the faciliries and the resturants so much we didn't even mind that the fish weren't really biting so good.
The views from rooms are great.
We plan to bring our grandchildren on our next visit. With the heated pool and other amenities , this is a perfect place to relax and enjoy the beach with family or friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Past Guest,

We are thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our resort. We're extremely glad to see your comments on our resort and being kid-friendly. We thrive to provide the best family accommodations on the south end of beach. We look forward in having you and the family back with us on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Galveston, Texas
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I had to go to Myrtle Beach for Hurricane Sandy and reserved a room online at the Springmaid Beach Resort. It's on the south end of Myrtle Beach, which might make you think it's an older resort. However, the rooms were remodeled so it looks better than many of the resorts further north. My check-in was very fast and the guy who checked me in was friendly and helpful. I appreciated the fact that they were able to check me in at 2 pm, even though their normal check-in time is 4 pm. The front desk rep even upgraded me to the Palmetto Towers building, which had an awesome view of the ocean. I was on the 5th floor, in an over-sized deluxe room. I had a full-sized fridge, microwave, and coffee pot. There was a large round dining table, which was great because I could spread my work out on the table and type away on the laptop, all while glancing out the window at my great ocean view. As for outside of the building, they are still doing some remodeling, as the carpet had been removed in the exterior corridor.

I'm glad I didn't wind up in the building where I made my original reservation. I think it was called the Cypress, and although I'm sure the rooms looked fine, it only had 3 stories. So, unless you were on the 3rd floor, you might not get that great of a view.

The resort amenities/features included multiple indoor/outdoor pools, a fitness room, restaurants, just everything I needed and wanted. But what I really loved was the fact that they had their own pier, complete with gift shop, restaurant, and tackle/bait shop. Since it was rainy and windy weather during Hurricane Sandy, I spent a lot of time in their Barnacles Restaurant on the pier. They had live music, even in the afternoon. My burger and fries were quite tasty, as were my dacquari and bahama mama drinks! :-) And it was fun hanging out on the pier.

They also have an arcade and putt putt golf, but the arcade wasn't open at night, when I wanted to go and play games. I definitely plan to stay at Springmaid again.

Room Tip: I would stay in the Palmetto towers if you can. The deluxe rooms in the middle of the building are h...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Past Guest,

We are thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our resort. . We look forward in having you and the family back with us on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.