“Springmaid Beach Resort is AMAZING!!”

DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #35 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Springmaid Beach Resort is AMAZING!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I will be back! This place is great, and will help you with anything. They always make sure you have everything you need!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Wizbeff
hsimon, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Dear Past Guest,

Customer service is something we strive to go beyond what is expected each and every day. Taking care of our guests is why we are here. Thank you for your comments and we’ll be looking forward to your next visit.

SMB Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (804)
Hazard, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Springmaid is a family friendly resort with staff who are interactive and friendly with guests. We have stayed here for the past 8 years and have had the best experiences each and every stay. The rooms are newly renovated and always clean and comfortable. Home away from Home! The onsight restaurant is superb, breakfast is the best in town with Omelets made by Ray, Ray is the highlight of our morning and we looke forward to seeing him each and every year, he has watched my kids grow up and feels like family, this is the experience you get at Springmaid Beach Resort, so check them out now :)

Room Tip: Live Oaks buliding in perfect access to pier and beach!
1 Thank Leslie D
Dear Past Guest,

Welcome back to your home away from home! We are happy to hear that you like what we have with our newly remodeled rooms. We worked hard on getting them ready for the season and it is wonderful to hear that our efforts are appreciated. Thank you for continuing to be a part of our family and we look forward to seeing you again.

Apollo, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Can you say AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE??? A HUGE thanks to the Reservations Department!!! When we tried to book our reservations for Fall online there were no rooms available in the building we wanted. I called yesterday and they were going to let us stay in another building the first few days then move to the building we wanted a few days into the vacation. Not ideal, but better than either staying in the building we didn't want the whole time, or worse yet staying somewhere else! They put the reservation on hold for 24 hrs so I could check with hubby. I just called them to confirm and I was told rooms opened up in the building we wanted and they had ALREADY moved our whole reservation to Live Oaks! That, my friends, is the way to treat customers! THANK YOU SPRINGMAID RESORT! Just another reason why we love staying there!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DougandBonnie
Dear Past Guest,

Thank you for your awesome comments! We work hard on our customer service in each and every department and it is always great to hear how our staff members went above and beyond what is expected of them. Thank you for continuing to be a part of our family and we look forward to seeing you in the fall!

Virginia
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Our choice to pick the Springmaid was mainly due to necessity, as part of our family was staying at Myrtle Beach State Park and we wanted to be close to them. We stayed in the Cypress building and loved it! We picked an oceanview room instead of an oceanfront room to save a little money, but the view was excellent anyway. The room smelled fresh and was very clean. No issues with the room at all. The location was also great, as it was right next to the pier and on a more quiet end of the beach. We had no problem finding room to play on the beach and then come back to relax in our room. We did not use the pools or lazy river, so I can't comment on those. However, our stay was overall a very enjoyable and pleasing experience. I would highly recommend this hotel chain!

Room Tip: Ask for the Cypress building, which is the smaller pink-colored building in the middle (I think it...
1 Thank Genevieve O
hsimon, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Dear Past Guest,

We are thrilled to hear that you ended up loving our resort over the necessity to just being close to your family at the MB State Park. We feel our resort is a hidden ‘gem’ as the beach is usually less crowded than everything north of us. Thank you for making us apart of your vacation and we look forward to seeing you again.

Fayetteville, NC
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I was just at Springmaid Beach Resorts for a Womens Conference. We stayed in Live Oaks. I cannot express what a wonderful time we had. We were th MT group from Fayetteville, NC. Everyone and I mean everyone was so nice and very accommodating. From the front desk, Terri (whose husband is a 71st graduate), to the wonderful staff, They were all generally nice people. I would like to give a shout out to Leroy and Solomon(awesome grits) for the Wonderful Breakfast they cook from Merlins Restaurant. That is the "The BEST" breakfast ever, and not to forget the gentleman who was whipping those omelets up. We also had a Beautiful Conference room set up. The pier was really nice and we walked out there and enjoyed the view. Again we had a wonderful time and I plan on returning.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Doris M
hsimon, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear Past Guest,

We are absolutely thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful weekend with your Women’s Conference Group. We have worked hard on our customer service throughout all of our departments, and it is always wonderful to hear that our efforts continue to pay off. Thank you for sharing your comments with us and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 22, 2012

It was a nice getaway. Breakfast was great and being right at the pier was the best. We have season passes for the pier and it's not that often that we stay overnight. We will be back to stay because the rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable.

1 Thank Sebrina B
Dear Past Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us! We are happy to hear that with having season passes for the pier that you decided to stay overnight. We work hard on providing a clean, comfortable place for everyone to enjoy. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Mingo, West Virginia
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Well,first of all,I have been to myrtle beach quiet a bit & stayed at atleast 10 hotels there.The last time my husband & I were there,we drove down to Springmaid Pier,just for him to fish & we loved the pier,& I thought,wow,that resort looks nice,the next time we come down,we will stay here! Well,looks can be very diceiving! I searched around before we went,but we definatley decided on staying at Springmaid,especially since it was cheaper than anywhere else I researched.I booked my room for the Palmetto building,it looked nice on the pictures & everyones reviews spoke nicely about it,so I was excited to stay there! I was also excited about the lazy river & the pools at the Pamletto building.Well,when we arrived,the check in building was across the road from the building,which is odd to me.So,we checked in, & went to our room.The evelvators were really nasty,they looked like they hadnt been wiped down & cleaned in months.Our room looked like it hadnt even really been cleaned.They were hairs on the sinks & cup rings on the end tables & the sink stand.The floors looked very nasty & felt nasty,so therefore we wore our shoes the entire time being in the room! The bed covers had hairs on them,so we pretty much slept under the sheet! Our balcony carpet hadnt been vaccumed & the chairs were so nasty & had like gunk in them.I wasnt satisfied AT ALL with my stay at springmaid.& also,the lazy river at my building was under construction & we werent even able to get in it,or the pools at our building,something I wished I wouldve knew before arriving! & I didnt realize what a long walk it was to the pier from our building,we actually started driving to the pier,to keep from walking such a long distance.It just wasnt what I expected at all.Needless to say,WE WONT BE STAYING AT SPRINGMAID EVER AGAIN!! We walked to Marlins to eat & they had trash all over the place,on the sidewalks & everywhere & it stunk & it looekd abandoned,it didnt even look like no one was inside working & there were 0 people there eating,so we decided NOT to eat there,which was probably a wise decision,considering how horrible everything else was at the place.I wish we wouldve had a good experience at this hotel,because I was really looking forward to having a clean room & nice pools,like every other hotel I've stayed at in MB.This is the worse hotel I think I've ever stayed in PERIOD & I've traveled ALOT! I wouldnt reccomend anyone to stay at Springmaid.The staff were nice when I checked in,but I never even seen another staff member what time we stayed there,so dont really know much about the staff,cause we didnt see any! We went to Barnacales & it's so expensive & the guy & girl working there were too busy flirting & touching each other,to even ecknowledge us as customers,they were very RUDE & inmature!!!! The nicest lady we talked too at springmaid,was working at the gift shop,she was so nice! But,we do like springmaid pier in general. I would reccomend The Carribbean Resort & Villas to anyone whos reading my comment,it's a very nice place,among alot of others I've stayed at down there,but springmaid is the WORSE.We will never stay there again......Altho we had a horrible hotel experience,we had a wonderful time at MB & had a nice view of the ocean from our room :) So,thats the upside of my story,lol.

Room Tip: I dont have any tips since I didnt enjoy my stay.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank A B
hsimon, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear Past Guest,

After reading your review, I am very disappointed that our accommodations were not to your satisfaction. We strive to accommodate our guests to the best of our abilities and I am sorry that we fell short in your expectations. Had we known about the condition of your room, we would have done our best to rectify the situation as soon as possible by moving you to the Live Oaks building for the use of the water facilities there and to be closer to the Pier. We appreciate your feedback and work to make our resort one everyone will want to stay.
I understand that you are leery of returning to our facility based on your most recent experience, however with the improvements we are constantly making to better serve our guest I can assure you that if you decide to return you stay will be one with positive memories.