DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Dunes Village Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$118
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$66
$64
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$66
  • Pool
Carolinian Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$154
$70
Beach Colony Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$94
The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$85
$64
Paradise Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$69
$64
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$65
$54
$185
$157
Travelocity
Myrtle Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$70
  • Pool
2,921 results
All reviewspalmetto buildinglive oak buildingconference centerfree mini golfocean viewlazy riverprivate beachice makerbreakfast buffetputt puttfamily reunionindoor pooloff seasonocean blvdparking garagespringmaidpier
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 5, 2007

Me and my family stayed here for 4 days in the middle of August.
This is a kid friendly hotel, which I like about it.
This hotel had 6 pools 3 at one location of the hotel and 3 at the other location of the hotel.

My husband chose this hotel for our vacation spot, and see what happens when you leave your husband in charge. LOL...
NEVER AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After check in we went to our room and it was freezing in our room(we checked in around 10pm) we turned the air-condition off and the heat on, all of a sudden our smoke alarm went off and the room stunk. all needed a shower.
The first problem I noticed was the tub had leftover hair in it and the floor in the bathroom was dirty with hair all over it.
Whenever I went to shower, I had to make sure that I had atleast 3 towels on the floor so my feet would not catch a disease or something and the toilet I always made sure I squatted or put lots of tissue on it... Yes, I felt that dirty.

The hotel carpet was stained which looked like blood spots on diff parts of the carpet, although it could have been something else. The hotel cover was dirty and the sheets had hair on them.
The kicker was every morning when we left, I saw the maids outside with no sheets, only towels while the cleaned other rooms. I really hope they changed the sheets from our room prior to us arriving, and other hotel guests as well.

The room was always humid and sweaty, which is expected because of the location..... So shower time again lol.

We were located steps from the beach, the beach was a nice touch... Other than that there was nothing really to do , except drive around and sightsee a bunch of the same shops which is, swim shops, firework shops and expensive but good seafood buffets.

This vacation was a weird experience for me...

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
6  Thank JavaHeaven
Reviewed August 26, 2007

Well, First off let me start by saying that all of the staff with the exception of 1 woman was terrific. They handled everything so professionally. The room on the other hand, was a different story. We stayed in the Live Oak building which is in deseperate need of renovating. The hard wood floor was peeling, the bathroom light would flicker, and we got locked out of our room several times, having to wait on someone to fix it. They were the most sensitive keys I have ever seen. You cant look at a credit card with your key in your pocket or it will lose its code. Also, none of the rooms in any of the buildings are direct ocean front.The live oak building is "U" shaped so all the rooms there are sideview, not to mention you can see in everybody elses rooms. There was a guy directly across from us with binoculars. Also, the elevator tile was broken and it stunk. It smelled like urine and heavy perfume. They do offer a good free breakfast buffett. It wasnt just pastries.Eggs, bacon, sausage, hash, french toast, biscuits, gravy, fruit , cereal. It was really good. The pools were ok. The live oak building did not have an adult outdoor pool, so we would have to trek over to the other buildings to use the pools. They had an indoor pool and lazy river and a baby pool. And we do have to talk about the airplanes overhead. Yes, it was cool to watch the first dozen times, but when you have to listen to fighter jet practice all week, it gets a bit much. I felt sorry for the people on the sixth floor.It was an ok stay but I doubt that I will stay here again

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank gcgross
Reviewed August 15, 2007

This is a great place for a family vacation. Despite the 108 degree temperatures, we found plenty to do, beach in morning indoor pools in afternoon, outlet and mall shopping and plenty of dinner shows and the aquarium was awesome, then out to outside pool in early evening then for a late night strool along the beach. This is a must do!!! please take a strool at night it is awesome. Also the pier was nice. They have ice at the pier which was handy. The view from the balcony of the ocean was really nice. having a full size frige a microwave and coffemaker was a plus. i really like when the pools closed at 10:00, you could calm down and relax or go to Broadway at the Beach and see fireworks at the pier in town. there was something for eveyone. My husband isn't fond of beaches, and he actually went out and went in the water twice, my children were amazed. my husband has suggested going back again next year. Another plus there are plenty of grocery store and such if you don't want to eat out ever night. Also hats off to the staff, my daughter became ill while we were there and the staff was so helpful and directing us to a local hospital. this made our vacation a lot better, as she was able to enjoy the rest of her vacation. and the hospital is just a short distance. and the security in and around the building was great, you felt at ease to move around the resort and beach. the only improvements i could see were the elevators would stick once in a while, but they are constantly in use, and the free parking is a major plus, you don't have to park 5 blocks away and worry, you won't have a vehicle when you return. so Springmaid Resort thank you for a great vacation at a great price.I'm recommending you to all of my firends.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank vacationpeople_7
Reviewed July 18, 2007

This hotel is great place for families and really is in good condition for the age of the property. Excellent air-conditioner, stayed like an ice box the entire time. Room has a large fridge, microwave, and nice view from all rooms. Fishing pier is a major plus! The morning breakfast buffet with omelet station for $8 was a steal.

Overall, great location for riding bikes near the old Air Force base, beaches were great also. It's on my list to go back soon!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank escott163
Reviewed July 15, 2007

Springmaid Beach Resort is a nice change from all the traffic and rudeness encountered at some other areas of Myrtle Beach hotels. We have vacationed in Myrtle Beach many times over the years. We have never stayed in the same place twice. Until now, I have never found a hotel that I was satisfied with enough to stay at again. During our stay, we usually find some other resort that we plan to stay at for our next visit. Last year we stayed at the Crown Reef, and while there, we walked down to Springmaid and decided to give it a try this year.

Even though we arrived before their posted check-in time, I was pleasantly greeted and checked-in and given my room key as soon as I arrived. This was the nicest and quickest check-in experience I've ever had. I had made my reservation on their website and when I checked-in, everything was exactly as expected. We stayed in the Palmetto building. It was nice to have a parking garage as part of the building we were staying in. There was plenty of parking. We stayed on the 4th floor (that's what I asked for when I made my reservations).

The breakfast was fantastic. Buffet style with also a chef making omelettes however you wanted them. Our breakfast was included as part of our reservation package. I would certainly recommend that you include the breakfast when you make your reservation (you can't go out to get anything better).

It was nice to walk on the pier (with it being right on Springmaid property). Springmaid guests have free access to the pier. There's also a putt-putt golf course beside the registration building, with an arcade in the back that has free wireless internet. There are several pools, two lazy rivers, a huge kids pool that is 2 1/2 feet deep for children that are too big for the little kiddie pools. I wish they would monitor the lazy rivers more like the Crown Reef does. It's annoying when kids are playing and swimming in the lazy river without floats. Outside the Marlin's restaurant , there's a place on the deck that sells drinks by the pool during the day.

There are three different buildings that have guest rooms. The live oaks building looked newly remodeled. I don't think the little three floor building had an elevator. Our elevators in the Palmetto building were always quick. I think there were at least 5 (maybe more) elevators in that building. Our rooms were clean and adequate (but certainly not luxurious or fancy). We had two king beds, full fridge, microwave, large digital safe, remote tv, nice balcony with oceanfront view. House keeping was much earlier in the day than I've experienced at other hotels. They were at our room before 10:00 a.m. every morning.

The beach is much less crowded than other areas. I think it's because there is not a street behind the hotel with other hotels on it, so it's mostly just Springmaid guests on the beach area.

They shut down the pools at 10:00 p.m. At first that seemed strange, but I quickly realized how nice it was to sit on the balcony and not have to listen to any noise except the roar of the ocean.

This is a nice family hotel. It's not a luxury resort, but it's very adequate for a beach vacation. One thing I didn't do on my vacation this year, was look for another place to stay next year. That's because for the first time, I will be staying at the same location again. See ya next year Springmaid.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family