DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Crown Reef Beach Resort and Waterpark(Myrtle Beach)
  • Pool
Very Good 4/5
Tropical Seas Hotel(Myrtle Beach)
Good 3.5/5
Sea Horn Motel(Myrtle Beach)
Good 3.5/5
El Dorado Motel(Myrtle Beach)
Good 3.5/5
Sun N Sand Resort(Myrtle Beach)
Average 3/5
Average 3/5
    2,915 results
    All reviewspalmetto buildinglive oak buildingconference centerfree mini golfocean viewlazy riverprivate beachice makerbreakfast buffetputt puttfamily reunionindoor pooloff seasonocean blvdparking garagespringmaidpier
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed July 11, 2011

First trip to Myrtle Beach, luckily picked the right place to stay. Had no issues at all, room was great and clean, great view. Breakfast package was the way to go.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank famensch
    hsimon, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2011

Dear Past Guest,

We are absolutely thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful first experience to Myrtle Beach while visiting our resort! You are absolutely correct is saying that the breakfast package is the way to go. Thank you for your wonderful comments and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 9, 2011

I just came back from vacations today from Springmaid Beach Resort. I was there with my family. I have to say HANDS DOWN TO DOUG AT THE FRONT DESK SUPER NICE AND FRIENDLY. FOR SURE HE KNOWS WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ABOUT. The hotel is VERY VERY OLD, The Carpets are due for a Change, the people that clean your room are NOT very friendly, IT looks that they hate their JOB. This Resort is at the END of South Ocean Blvd, So is away from everything, The Traffic is Ridiculous, Their Breakfast is NOT WORTH $8, If I have Known where this place is located I would never stay there. There is like a trailer park across from this Resort, so you can imaging the type of people you may come across at the Pool. When you Check in you are giving a wrist Band for you to use, to be able to use the pier and the pools, however at the Pool there is no personal that checks. The Lazy River very Small and the water is discusting dirty. the pools are really small. NOT Worth it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
    hsimon, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2011

Dear Past Guest,

After reading your review, I am sorry that our lodging facilities were not to your satisfaction. We strive to accommodate our guests to the best of our abilities and I am sorry that we fell short in your expectations. Our resort was built in the 1950’s and has gone under many changes over the years. The upgrades that we do are on an ongoing basis, so every year there will be something new to our rooms. I am sorry that you were not informed of our location when you booked your reservation. Yes, we are at the end of the strip, away from the hustle and bustle and of course from the attractions. Our ‘away from it all’ location is appreciated by most of our guest, but not everyone likes the private atmosphere. The trailer park that you referred to is our camp ground and has been a part of the resort from day one. They are paying guests of Springmaid Beach Resort and have use of the facilities when they are here. We appreciate your positive comments on our Front Desk Agent and his customer service skills. That is one area where we feel we excel at and I am happy to hear that our efforts have paid off. We appreciate all of the comments from our guests, positive and negative. We want to thank you for staying with us and hope that in the future you will give us another chance to leave a positive lasting impression.

Reviewed July 6, 2011

I'm currently sitting here in my room wishing I was staying somewhere else. I'm on the 3rd floor of the Live Oak. The pictures of this beach resort is better than the reality. The rooms need to be updated really bad. I'm disappointed because I thought with the Springmaid name, it would be fairly nice. The walls are painted yellow, carpet is green and the bedspread has a greenery pattern. Very out of syle and out of date. There is also mold in the bathroom, and old stains around the sink fixtures. When we first arrived into our room, it smelled like pickles and old smoke. We are non smokers and we are sensitive to the smell of smoke. Right off our smoke detector started beeping. We called maintainance to change the batteries. Maintainance was prompt in coming to our room. Come to find out, someone had unplugged the detector and removed the batteries in order to smoke in the room. I would love to leave and go somewhere else, but when we checked in, we had to sign saying we wouldn't get a refund if we check out early....now I know why. On the bright side....I'm at the beach! Hopefully, I won't have to spend much time in our room. Next time, I'll spend a little more and stay somewhere nicer. Due to the economy, we were trying to scale down on the price. Just remember, you get what you pay for. If it's cheaper than the other hotels, there is a reason! I'm sure not going to walk around the room barefooted! Also, parking is free...but not enough spaces. Sorry Springmaid, it's time to update if you want to keep customers coming back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
    2  Thank Jamie B
    hsimon, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2011

Dear Springmaid Guest,

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was not up to your satisfaction. We are in the process of upgrading our pictures of our resort on line so the ones you saw are ones of our other building, the Palmetto Dunes. We would have gladly moved you from the Live Oaks building to the Palmetto Dunes and assisted you in the process. We strive to make all of our guests happy and it is disappointing to hear we fell short with out given the opportunity to rectify the situation. We appreciate your feedback and work to make our resort one everyone will want to stay at. We want to thank you for staying with us and hope that in the future you will give us another chance to leave a positive lasting impression.

Reviewed July 6, 2011

We stayed at Springmaid Beach Resort for a long weekend in June 2011. The hotel is just "ok." Not nice. Old. Needs updating. Everything from rooms to elevators. Pools are in good condition and there are several. Great pools for kids and adults. Beach is nice however I would NOT recommend the hotel. I bet you can find a nicer hotel for the price.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
    1  Thank kaysi81

Dear Past Guest,

After reading your review, I am very disappointed that our accommodations were not to your satisfaction. We strive to accommodate our guests to the best of our abilities and I am sorry that we fell short in your expectations. Being an older property, we are constantly improving and upgrading our resort. We have been upgrading our elevators and are half way done with replacing them. Our rooms are worked on each year whether with new paint, replacing the carpet, bedding, draperies or furniture. We appreciate your feedback and work to make our resort one everyone will want to stay at. We want to thank you for staying with us and hope that we will see you again.

Reviewed July 4, 2011

We got a major discount for this place! The guy who was there (late) when we arrived...was really cool! Got a good deal and had great view! We plan to stay here again! Just try to get a coupon from the books you get really great deals...the only bad thing I noticed was that the place is all the way down the strip at the end of the beach...which really worked for us cuz you couldn't hear people yelling at 4am!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family