I really don't know why this hotel gets all the great reviews. The only good thing was the beach view-which honestly you can get anywhere in Myrtle beach.
I can look past the dilapidated state of the rooms and the disappointing pools (the lazuy river barely moved at all). But I can't look past two things.
First, the rooms are extremely dirty. Dust has accumulated under the beds in such large amounts, the color of the carpet was not visible anymore. I also found gum stuck in my fridge. Since I have dust allergies I didn't sleep at all, fighting asthma attacks and a sinus headache all night. Horrible!
Second, the airplanes come over so close that my children ducked with fear every single time. Don't believe other reviewers who say it is not loud. It is VERY loud. The first I ducked for cover as well thinking it came down on us.
I will gladly pay more money next time than stay in this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently remodeled, the entire 27-acre, oceanfront resort feels fresh and new. Our location on the quieter southern end of the famous Ocean Boulevard feels more secluded, yet this family-friendly resort is just minutes from all the excitement of Myrtle Beach's most popular attractions, theaters, shopping, dining and golf. Spacious, designer-renovated rooms include all ocean view balconies, beautifully appointed fabric and furnishings, plush 5 Diamond Series mattresses and bedding, granite countertops, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, safe and more. The resort features indoor/outdoor pools, Ocean Blue restaurant for all day dining, the beachfront Southern Tide Bar & Grill, 1068 ft Fishing Pier, 18-hole miniature golf course, fitness center, gift shop, tackle shop, and wireless internet. The resort offers more than 35,000 square feet of meeting and event spaces and is host to Myrtle Beach's largest oceanfront Conference Center. All guests enjoy complimentary access to Springmaid Pier. Fishing is available at a discounted rate. All rooms are air conditioned and non-smoking. We offer a limited number of pet-friendly accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springmaid Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Springmaid Beach Resort And Conference Center
- Springmaid Hotel
- Springmaid Resort
- Springmaid Beach Myrtle
- Beach Springmaid