Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort
Dunes Village Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$64
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$84
$80
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
Official Site
  • Pool
Beach Colony Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$94
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$66
$64
Paradise Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$69
Carolinian Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$149
$70
The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$84
$64
Myrtle Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$70
Hotels.com
  • Pool
2,469 results
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 16, 2007

The photos on their website are pretty deceptive. There are wall to wall hotels in this area and this hotel is an older one. I was quite shocked at the room after seeing the photos they have online. However, the check in people were nice. The room was clean (which is of utmost importance to me) and they upgraded us to a room with a full kitchenette (my daughter was on meds that had to be kept cold) at no cost. We did not stay on the ocean side but instead were across the road which was fine because my daughter really couldn't care less about the ocean. We did the package thing were we got free tickets to the water park and the amusement park. The water park was within easy walking distance from our room but the amusement park was 5-6 blocks up the road and while the admission to the park was included in our package the parking wasn't. Parking was $6. The park was very nice and clean and was professionally run. All in all we had a good time and my daughter enjoyed it. The water park needs to be updated.

In response to the lady that was upset because there was no carpeting on the floors and instead was lineolum, I am sure this is due to the fact that it is very hard to get sand and other dirt out of the carpets and time consuming and costly to have them professionally cleaned. Having stayed at a similar hotel (in age) in Panama City Fla that had carpeting I can say that I liked the lineolum much better. A broom and dust pan were included in our room as well as iron and ironing board and even an umbrella.

The bathroom was well stocked with towels and washcloths and courtsey shampoos,lotions, and soap. The first full day we were there we had the "do not disturb" sign out and the maid didn't bother us at all but left a huge bag of towls, soaps,lotions, shampoo, garbage bags, etc... haning on the door handle.

I think this hotel would be perfect for a young family. It is affordable and there is a lot to do within a short distance. Yes it isn't a new 5 star hotel but the kids don't care. There is even an arcade on the premises.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank tgsnodChickamauga
Reviewed September 15, 2007

This place made us sick, literally! My son and I had to go to the ER because of the conditions, I will explain.
We had an oceanfront room, 10th floor and it seemed like we were the only ones in the whole place.

First, I checked in and they charged me $30 more than they quoted me, which I accepted without argument.

Place is dirty, old and run-down, definietly true!

Parking wasn't bad for us, but we went out of season so I would have been SEVERELY angry if parking was an issue.

You have to PAY to get into the resort water park. What???

There were NASTY gross HUGE bugs that come out at night. They were crawling on the wall next to our bed when I woke up at 5AM.

Bedsheets and blankets were stained.

Cable channels left a lot to be desired for a rainy day.

TV was old, small, and crappy.

I did receive good directions to my room from the nice gentleman that checked us in, but I think I just got lucky to get the nice guy because the rest of the crew wasn't so kind.

They post a pretty nice note in your room letting you know that they are about to tear down all their buildings and build new ones...gee, I wonder why? Maybe because the ones there are about to fall down without any help!

The rooms in the building I stayed have vinyl hardwood flooring rather than carpeting and there were NO RUGS we used towels. Stupid in my opinion, but maybe they had no other choice? It is VERY slippery for a beach environment and you cannot go barefoot in the room because sand/dirt gets annoying under your feet. My son also fell on this great flooring and injured his elbow.

And for the grand finale...
First day, my 3 yr old son started getting a clear runny nose (clearly allergies).
Second day, he started sneezing excessively and worse runny nose. I also started feeling ill this day as well as the rest of my family.
Third day, he woke up with hives over his entire body and very bad sneezing, wheezing, trouble breathing, coughing, and runny nose.
I took him to the ER (VERY unfriendly nurses and staff)
I was told that he was allergic to something he inhaled. He got an injection to prevent his throat from swelling shut and some liquid meds they literally forced down his throat with no coaxing allowed from me. I ended up with an upper respiratory infection and an allergic reaction as well. Consequently, we checked out and all was well, aside from recovery from upper respiratory infections.

I personally believe that this is due to MOLD damage and I intend to have it investigated. Especially after some of the reviews I have read about this place.

I promise you will NOT be impressed with this "resort" please do yourself and your family a favor and spend some time checking out some other hotels in the area, it will be well worth your time and you will be glad you did.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank whosieno1
Reviewed September 11, 2007

This was our second visit to the Sea Mist & we have had a great time both times. Granted, this is not a 5 star hotel, but I never expected it to be. Especially for the good deals that I have gotten there both times. I have to say that our rooms this time were way nicer than the last time. I recommend staying in the Driftwood building. There isn't a speck of anything orange in that building...lol. It has been remodeled & the beds were much more comfortable than the cheaper rooms that we stayed in a few years ago. Also, I never saw any sort of bug or creature on either visit nor did I smell any bad smells (except for the bridge to the kiddie area in the water park), it was rank! We didn't visit all of the pools, but the one outside of the Driftwood was cleaned everyday. The Family Kingdom is also a fun thing to do at night & that is included in the family package. They also have a really decent arcade. We ate our free breakfast at Tena's & it was fine, but I probably wouldn't pay for it. We also had dinner at their new restaurant called Three Steps Down. It was decorated really nice & the food was good, but a little overpriced. The cable TV is not the greatest, but I can watch TV at home. If you are looking for a clean place to sleep at night after spending you day outside playing in the sun, then this is the place. Every employee that we came in contact with there was also very helpful & pleasant. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amy B
Reviewed September 7, 2007

When we got there we were very unhappy. We came with 2 other couples. My first words to my self was sleazy. It was very dingy with orange curtains. What we were concerned about was just getting into another hotel. We walked down the street to another hotel, which we were able to book (thank god). I was very disappointed in reading the reviews that stated this was a 4 or a 5. From now on we will read carefully the 1 & 2 reviews. This hotels website was very deceiving and not accurate.

• Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed September 4, 2007

This was a horrible place. as a matter of fact this entire strip where the hotel is located looked tacky and dirty. In MB, I would highly advise going to N Myrtle Beach.There was no sense of direction or flow in the "resort". The common areas were filthy and trash cans smelled. Parking was horrendous, and I was not sure I would even find one the first night since our SUV would not fit in the underground parking. We got there late and had to walk about 3 blocks with our luggage to the elevator. Beach was crowded and full of cigarette butts and the my child was stung by one of the many jelly fish. Theye are supposedly tearing the whole place and replacing it with new condos and obviously don't want to invest much into the existing place.

• Stayed: September 2007