“Great time!! Going Again Next Year!!”

Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #168 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Conestoga PA
“Great time!! Going Again Next Year!!”
Reviewed August 18, 2007

After reading all the terrible reviews this place got, I must admit, I was NOT looking forward to this trip!! I wanted to call and cancel!! But I was pleasantly surprised!! Check in was easy and painless. We found our room and was surprised to find it an oceanfront room when we booked an ocenview room, at no additional cost. We pulled down the covers, checked under the mattress and under the bed and not one bug was found. The room was clean and well stocked with towels, soap shampoo etc. We had maid service daily and had more towels than we knew what to do with! The pools were clean, both at the water park and at our hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The amusement park was way more than what I anticipated. Our children, ages 3 and 8, had an awsome time. We booked the faimly package and believe me, spent less on this trip than any other we went on and did A LOT more!! If you get bored, that's your own fault 'cuz there was always something to do!! The only negative was the elevator, it was slow and undependable. Parking was kind of tight, but it looked that way at the other hotels too, so...
We had a great time and will definetley be back next year!!

• Liked — clean convient
  • Disliked — elevator
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (628)
Dunkirk, Ohio
Reviewed August 17, 2007

We just arrived home from a great vacation in Myrtle Beach. I had booked this hotel because it seemed very "kid friendly" and it certainly was. The Family Value Package was a great deal for the money. Our average nightly price, including tax, was less than lower rated hotels were for just the rooms. Unlike some of the other reviews in this site, our room was clean, comfortable and pretty well maintained. The children and I took our showers at night and the water was plenty hot. My husband took his showers in the morning and said the water not as hot. There was information in our room that the Sea Mist is planning to (one at a time) raze all the buildings and build all new. So yes some of the decor, carpet and elevators weren't the best we've ever seen but why put a bunch of money into the old when you will be building brand new soon. My husband and I understand that. We had an ocean front room and it was awesome. Every afternoon they had live entertainment on the deck just below our balcony. That was nice to relax to when we came in for a break from the sun. The on site water park was nice for our kids (ages 11 and 6). There was a big childrens activity pool geared more towards our youngest child. They have nightly family events and our family participated in karaoke. It was great (and nobody knows you even if you're not the greatest singer) everyone cheers you on and makes it very fun. I agree that parking is limited. We had so much included in our package we only ventured out one day to go to Broadway at the Beach and Family Kingdom Amusement Park. Beware though of this "amusement park". It is more like a county fair. There are also some rides they will not let you ride with your "sea mist" wristband, you have to purchase tickets or pay cash. Our children were pretty disappointed that they could not do the race cars for free. The on site putt putt was okay. It was not as fancy as many in Myrtle Beach and it wasn't themed as so many are. I guess our kids aren't as picky as some. We were just happy to have things to do as a family. Our free breakfast at Tena's was good and our complimentary drinks and the food at Three Steps Down was nice. We had yummy Edy's ice cream at Jason's Cafe, too. The staff at all locations were very nice. Yes you might be able to pay the same price for a better hotel room, but when you add in all the extras that you get in the value packages you can't beat it! We loved it, the kids loved it. We would stay there again.

• Liked — Great for familys with young children. Has an underground walkway to cross busy street.
  • Disliked — Slow elevators.
1 Thank thegoodguyz
nc
Reviewed August 15, 2007

Not too good but not too bad.First the good. The rooms were actually cleaner than what I expected from the outside appearence of the hotel (its not a resort). The family package was great. Free drink at Three Steps Down (great food also), Breakfast at Tenas restaurant was good crowded but good. Kids pool was nice and clean . Saw them clean it every morning that I was there. Now the bad parking was terrible,the big pool by my building (Surf Building) didn't look clean , elevator was broke on and off everyday of our stay had to use the steps that they were painting.Not very friendly employees. the whole time that we were there (4 days) only 1 employee said good morning and that was when were checking out. All in all not worth the money you are paying for the room. Will not be back.

• Liked — Restaurant,bar, water park, family package
  • Disliked — elevator,parking,employees attitudes,
1 Thank primadonna33
knoxville
Reviewed August 12, 2007

when we arrived , our jr. suite was a mess. The mgmt made all great within 10 min. They put us in another larger suite and continued to offer their apoligies countless times. For this , we are forever grateful. Linda Byrd Toledo ,Ohio

• Liked — the mgmt
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2005
1 Thank sarais
PA
Reviewed August 12, 2007

We ended up at the Sea Mist with my daughters softball team. We did not choose and I had never heard of the Sea Mist. So when I googled and read the reviews I was mortified to the point of being in tears. But I felt like I was stuck and obligated in staying there because everyone from the team plus some of my family members where also staying there. I dreaded going to the Sea Mist the whole 12 hour drive down there and had mentally prepared myself for the worst. After reading reviews, I had prepared myself with Lysol, bug spray, matress covers, my own linens, room deodorizer etc. We traveled with 5 children (ages 2 - 16) and I was in no mood to deal with nastyness when we got there. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised, check in was easy. I held my breath as we opened the door to our ocean front family suite in the Spray building only because I did not know what to expect. The room had two full size beds with nice comfortable matresses and a pull down bed that was comfortable. The kitchen was a little small but we managed. I searched the place up and down and found no bugs or dirt. I flipped back the comforter and sheets and inspected closely and found no signs of bugs. In summary, rooms were nice, not 5 star. My only complaint about the room would be that the air condition, which is right above the bed was insanely loud. You couldn't even hear the TV.
We enjoyed the amenitiies. The kiddie pools were the best I've seen. My son enjoyed the arcade, and at 13 I felt comfortable letting him go with friends. We enjoyed the family amusement part. I was half expecting some rinky dink fly by night carnival, but it was actually pretty nice. We ate at the all you can eat pizza/past at Tenas and loved it!! The food was wonderful and my 2 yr old enjoyed the woman making balloon animals for the kids. With seven of us in one suite, we never ran out of towels. The housekeeping was wonderful arriving everyday between 9-12. They would mop/sweep the floors, clean the bathroom, empty trash and change the beds. There was always someone sweeping/cleaning the hallways. Everyone of them always made eye contact, telling you "good morning" or "have a good day".
Parking was an issue a few times, only twice we had to park in the parking garage. My parents stayed in the Tides and were pleased with the room also. I think staying at the Sea Mist is all in what you make of it. We had a great time and this is coming from a very picky person.

• Liked — Amenities
  • Disliked — Loud Air Conditioner
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank beachlvr06
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 11, 2007

My daughter and I stayed at Sea Mist a few years ago, and my husband and I are looking to stay there next month. My daughter and I stayed in a remodeled room and it was fine.
We liked the hotel's waterpark , lazy river and waterslide,and also the Family Kingdom waterpark, lots of fun! Being right by the ocean is very nice, and the "lazy river" those other oceanfront hotels claim to have is nothing more than a very small circle. Seamist's own waterpark is the biggest on Myrtle!

I really think some of these reviewers who gave it a poor rating complain about everything in life. I'd advise staying at Seamist!

• Stayed August 2007
1 Thank hsc1
Greenville, SC
Reviewed August 11, 2007

I've been going to Myrtle Beach since I was a kid. I just took my family for 5 days at the Sea Mist. First, the good - the staff was very nice and helpful. The water park is pretty good and only a few dollars for guests. The bad - as another reviewer mentioned, it is NOT a resort. They've taken a collection of hotels close together, put them under the same name. It is not easy to get to the ocean if you are across the street. Because the properties are all separate, it is very difficult to get from one oceanfront pool to another. The pools were average at best and most seemed dirty. We stayed in a small 2-BR property about 1 1/2 blocks from the beach and the neighborhood was very shady behind us with rundown motels and dilapidated apts. Overall I would not recommend Sea Mist for any family.

4 Thank Tigeroger