“Bait and Switch”

Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #175 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This hotel uses the horrible practice of bait and switch advertising only the fresh and clean driftwood for a discounted price only to put you up in Norman Bates Hotel (the sandcastle). This place is a disgrace to ocean front property and should have been torn down 20 years ago. We checked in and immediatly checked out. DO NOT STAY HERE. There are better and cheaper alternatives in myrtle beach. The balcony is less than standing room and the beds are basic at best. Everything in the room had a disgusting wet feel to it and the floors where peeling up. The doors do not shut completely and show signs of someone breaking in. Overall the hotel was run down and looked like a cheap roadside hotel. DO NOT BE TRICKED BY THIS HOTEL, DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Charles683

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Great customer service but its really old and I feel I was over priced... I was embarrassed to show any of my friends where I was staying I didn't even invite anyone over. I walk around in the room with no socks on and my foot got absolutely black. Ocean front NOTTTTTT! smh. Very biker friendly and parties were always on the go there and it was NEVER quiet.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank marietyu
Reviewed June 1, 2014

From day one the internet was not working for more then a minute at a time.

Called the QUOTE Manager who never called us back. We where told many times someone would check it or that they where working on it. Four days later it still was not working in the building we where in.

There was a wet dog smell in the beds, and urine in the elevator. The floor in the room was sticky and house keeping idea of cleaning it was to drop water on it and then use a dry mop to move it around. We dropped the towels down on the floor to have something to walk on.

The walls had paint falling off, we have photos to many to post here. They did start to painting before we where left. Where told a few times to wait in the room for them to call us back about the questions we had or to avoid the wet paint on the door way to the room and hall.

When we asked about changing room or a refund as we paid upfront for the trip. We where told the manager would have to answer that questions from us. Funny the lady who told us this turned out to be the manager on the 3rd day of the stay.

Sadly this place has gone down hill over the last 3 years. The store and Restaurant where closed all week. The locals where telling us about 1200 EMS calls and that the bike week that just left had a few deaths. Not the warm and fun trip we where looking for.

I do not feel they care one second for the customer. We will not send anyone else here EVER, nor we will return.

Room Tip: Anything but here!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PapawJoe2014
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

1st, they lied. Said we would have room with roll in shower & wall bed. Well no wall bed nor roll in shower. In fact, the bathroom door isn't even wide enough for a standard wheelchair to get through. Room is OK other than that I guess. They did give a full refund tho.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Monte S
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This has to be one of the most disgusting places I have ever allowed myself to step upon. I can't even begin to explain how ashamed I was that I allowed myself to book a stay with this property. It should be condemned. The rooms smelled of urine and vomit. The A/C might as well be removed from the wall and let fresh air come in because it sure as heck did not work. The TV...ha...what a joke. Don't be fooled by these reviews. Heed my advice all....continue your search.

Room Tip: Just cancel your booking
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank JBL87
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We loved the Sea Mist! The abundance of pools, hot tubs and amenities was spectacular. Our rooms were clean and neat. We brought our cat with us and she felt right at home. The staff was excellent and friendly. There was so much conveniently to do, we highly recommend this resort. We are coming back in October for hopefully 9 days. Our trip started out as business and ended up being a nice relaxing vacation.

Room Tip: We had Ocean Front and both rooms were great
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank katieemonroe
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed at sea mist for memorial weekend. I love. sea mist it the only hotel I will stay in. the room service was terrible just joking it was. Gud but could do better hair still on. floor bed wasn't made correct I'm a housekeeper myself so I know what to look for . but I can say sea mist will give u a lot of towels but barley wash but all is say I will always stay here but will do my own service

• Stayed: May 2014