“Tough review to write”

Ranked #167 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
South Carolina
“Tough review to write”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

None of the typical title wordings would work. We have stayed in the bungalows in the past and they seem to be more fresh and kept than the main hotel. Our room was in the parking garage. It was a large room adequate for 14 children and 5 adults. The room itself was decent. It served the purpose for sure. However, the surrounding area of the hallway, indoor pool, outdoor pool and garage were all disgusting. We had to ask to have the breezeways cleaned because the smell was leaking into our room. Also, it rained really hard one evening and our room (being below ground) flooded. I called the guest service/housekeeping line and explained the situation. Outcome= I had to clean all the water up after about 3 hours. I did encounter a few nice employees along the way, but I unfortunately don't remember their names. All-in-all, you don't get what you pay for. We paid way to much for all the bad and very little good.

Room Tip: Try staying in a bungalow house across the road from the beach.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LUTiger16

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
Myrtle Beach
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The Sand Castle unit 10519 was in poor condition maintenance wise. The lack of equipment in the kitchen I could not even bake my wife a birthday cake. I stay in timeshare units all the time. I would not recommend Sea Mist to anyone and have all ready done so.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Larry E K

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Last May, we stayed in there for a few days. First entered the room, feel very comfortable because the Air Conditioner was already running, nothing feel like typical ocean front moisture or smells. The room for me and my BF is very clean, and we can cook and made it like our own home. And tell you a secret, the breakfast on site cross the street is very good. The whole experience there is just purely enjoyable. Will go back again.

Room Tip: Ocean View unit is always our choice, because it's cheap, and view has water and city.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, South Carolina
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Average accommodations. Beds were firm but not too bad to sleep in. Definitely needs continuous pest control - we saw 3-4 roaches in the living room. The unit appeared clean but dated. Very nice that we could bring our family pup. Great location.

Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Yikes! The place is a dump and needs to be demolished. The clientele in the area made me fee unsafe, everyone loitering around, smoking and hanging out. What else can I say, I travel 35% of my life and this is one of ten worst places I've ever stayed. We actually left after one night and found another place...Sea Mist can keep my money I feel lucky to get out safely.

Room Tip: Go someplace else.
1 Thank todd05950595
yankees_girl01
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I was really iffy about staying here because of the reviews. However, I am glad that we did. It was a good rate. The pools were opened late till 11:00pm. The room was ok and met our needs. We stayed in the Spray building. The elevator was super slow. And the parking was not that good. Every night when we left to eat, we came back to having to park in the garage which is across the main street and about a block away. The waterpark was nice, however we tried to use it but, the main reason we went was to use the big water slide that comes from the garage but their lifeguard went home sick and was short staffed. The manager lady in the waterpark was super nice and since we werent there more than an hour she gave us our $6 back. The check in was the worst part. We got there in the evening after driving 12 hours through the night and had to wait a good half an hour with 2 ppl working the desk. SUPER SLOW!!!! But other than that it was fun.

Crystal River, Florida
Reviewed September 14, 2013

So..this was our first time at Sea Mist. We go to Myrtle Beach several times a year. It really was not as bad as I read in the reviews prior to my stay.
The front desk was slow, but got it done right the first time. I went to look at the room I booked before fully checking in. That room was 2 double beds with a small kitchen, laminate floors and was not as clean as we expect. I paid to upgrade to the "King Suite". It was not really a suite, as it only provided a fridge and microwave, but it did have a sofa and a better view of the ocean. We stayed in 51113 and it was clean. It could use a scrubbing of the baseboards and a fresh coat of paint, but it was clean. Yes, our floors got sandy, but come on!! You're at the beach!! Our housekeeper did a great job on our floor and bathroom on request. The common areas especially the elevators need more attention. The hot tubs were nice, but also sandy. The breakfast buffet that was included with our package was great! Fresh fruit, cereal, juices, coffee, eggs, pancakes, waffels, french toast and cheese omelettes made to order. The staff at Tena's was very nice and effecient. There was a sweet older lady making the best french toast I've ever eaten..The location of the Sea Mist cannot be beat. LOOK FOR HUGE CHANGES TO THE SEA MIST OVER THE NEXT FEW YEARS. THEY HAVE A BEAUTIFUL SCHEMATIC OF THE NEW RESORT BEING BUILT ON THAT SITE THAT IS TO DIE FOR.

Room Tip: We were in 51113, which was an 11th floor Ocean View King (partial!) Suite.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple