“the sea mist is ok”

Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #175 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed March 24, 2004

we went to the sea mist in 2002 it wasent bad but i dont think i would stay again. the rooms were ok and the rooms were clean and updated. they were fixing the place up some when we went. so it was loud the day we got to the sea mist people working on other rooms but i guess they have to fix them up sometime but they should have fixed them up in the winter before the summer. who wants to go on summer vacation to hear all that noise not me. the only thing i didnt like was the rooms had hardwood floors. I thought i would like that but all you felt was sand and dirt on them it drove me crazy. im not sure if all the rooms have hardwood but the one we stayed in did. we said in the old sandcastle building the pool was ok but the not the greatest it was on the side of the hotel. the beds did sleep ok parking not great couldnt find a place to park most of the time. the water park was pretty nice but never could find a place to sit but we did go in june. but the water park was across the street and i didnt like that my son was small and i didnt like walking across the road. but they had a nice water park my son did like it. well all i can say its not the worst place to stay but not the best place we have stayed at i thought we paid a lot for what we got.

Brampton, ON, Canada
Reviewed March 19, 2004

First time in Myrtle Beach, stayed at the Sea Mist March 2004 13th to 19th ? family of 4. First be aware they have many different buildings - not very close together. Unfortunately not all the pools were open, so registration was a bit of a hassle as we had to switch hotels. The beddings and the room (stayed in the Tides building) were good ? everything worked: air-conditioner, fridge, stove, microwave, coffee maker, etc. However we were disappointed with the experience based on our expectations and the pictures we saw at the web site ? others we spoke to from Toronto were also disappointed. Two pools were dirty and one was cold; however a small spa beside the Dunes (and parking lot) was good. Definitely going back to Myrtle Beach, however before going back to the Sea Mist I will check out the prices of other hotels.

Elizabethton, Tennessee
Reviewed March 15, 2004

OMG..........The seamist is --------.......the place was so nasty! Me and my fiance had reservations there a couple of years ago.....and ya, they might have fixed it up some or whatever.........I would advise ppl to stay else where:) Now on to another place..........The Reef Resort, is so nasty too.........stayed there last year....the only words that I can describe it is a DUMP........dont waist your time or money staying there! Stayed at Ocean Park.........was old but didnt really care, after the episode we had with seamist. If you want a clean nice room.........I would recommend staying at the Firebird.......little but the staff is so nice, and the rooms are very clean:)

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 16, 2004

The room was a good size and recntly painted with a good view. The problem was the sheets were changed but the blankets were not. They had "bed bugs" in the blankets and in the cloth chairs by the bed. When I called house keeping they sent some new blankets but what the place needed was an insecticide treatment. I'm sure this was an isolated event and would consider staying there again if I could not book somewhere else.

Reviewed February 6, 2004

In 17 years of going to M.B. we were suckered by advetisement of this landfill. It was nasty. Everything was misleading. Very dirty rooms and pools. In fact we walked to other hotels and swam in their pools.

Fayetteville, NC
Reviewed February 3, 2004

I read a review about the Sea Mist ans i disagree. I loved it there when I went. I had so much fun. It was not dirty as the other person said.

Reviewed February 3, 2004

2/4/04 - My family has vacationed at Sea Mist for the past two summers and have thoroughly enjoyed it. While the accommodations leave a little to be desired they are more than adequate. Our two sons (currently aged 5 & 7) absolutely love the place...the water parks, the amusement park, the miniature golf, and the beach. Last summer we invited the extended family (about 15 strong) and all but two had a wonderful time. The two that didn't were childless and complained chiefly about the rooms. The breakfast buffet is awesome as is the beach-blast on Thursday nights.
We have yet to make the Seafood Buffet but plan to this year. When I want luxury accommodations I will not look to Sea Mist; but for a short family summer get-a-way I've not found a better deal than Sea Mist. For those looking for luxury I reccomend the Ritz Carlton in Kapalua on Maui...it's really nice but it's not perfect either and the golf is considerably more than a $22 cart fee.

3  Thank heronwood