“EXPERIENCE AT SEA MIST” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #162 of 218 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Greer, South Carolina, United States
“EXPERIENCE AT SEA MIST”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

There are a lot of children allowed by parents, to just run wild even late at night. The premises are filthy, the elevators, stair wells, balcony areas and trash around the premises. Other than that we enjoyed being there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Colleen I

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (598)
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

After reading the reviews I tempered my expectations and was pleasantly surprised. I asked for oceanview and I got oceanview. The front desk staff was nice and told me as I checked in that parking was a problem but showed me exactly where to park. Love the location to Boardwalk and other attractions. Having the free computers in the building helped me "stay in the loop".

Negative was the floors were constantly dirty. Every review is right. They whole property needs updating. They even seem to admit it with their "plans" for tearing everything down and rebuilding. Indoor pool needs major work. Water park is great if you have kids under 8 but it is extra and like the grills that were outside as we grilled 2 dinner 2 nights we stayed.

Overall, not a bad place but if I had to stay again I would have to think about it.

Room Tip: Rooms in new building are cleaner and have a private balcony.
1 Thank Clarence P
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I would definitly bring my family here again. At first I didn't really believe you would recieve everything listed on their website, but we actually did. We received passes to to family kingdom amusement park and waterpark for everyday of our stay. We got a 5x7 family photo. Me and my husband received a free alcoholic drink upon arrival. We all got to go to their breakfast buffet one day for free and you receive one free dinner at their restaraunt for one person and the rest of your party gets 20 percent off. The only real complaint I have is that their mattresses are not the greatest to sleep on. But if u have kids this is the place to go. Great value for your money!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank byersj84
Pataskala, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We had a great stay at the Sea Mist. At first I was not very happy due to the fact that we did not get the room we booked. Management came to the rescue and not only corrected it, but went above and beyond to make sure my family had a good time and was satisfied with our stay. The staff is great and so our the added amenities of this resort. The inclusive family value package is the way to go!.Already planning our stay for next year.

Room Tip: Ocean front is the best view and nicer rooms.
1 Thank Charles D
Triangle, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were so excited about our trip and the resort. Got there on Saturday and the room looks noticing like the pictures. We were staying at the Palms building facing the water park in the larger family suite. It should have been called the smallest family suite. The front door opened to the bedroom and then you would walk to the next bedroom and then the kitchen. I found another place to go and they gave me back my whole weeks worth of money. Do not stay here. They room needs to be burned down. OH the elevator was broken. Stay away for the Sea Mist. Go to Carolina Winds instead.

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Gainesville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Top 10 Horrors from the Sea Mist:
1. The Elevator (1): Upon arrival at 10pm the filthy lurching elevator was unlit as were the floor buttons. I hurried my wife and 3 year old twins into the darkness with other frightened guests. My children tried to get off at each floor running towards the bleakly lit hallways, but I held them tightly, unable to discern what dangers were lurking in the dark.
2. The Room (1): The room was obviously not cleaned, I mean sure, they changed the linen, but the floor was sticky and covered in filth. My son's toy fell under a chair and I made the mistake of looking for it and found all manner of detritus.
3. The Room (2): It's a non-smoking room when you're not smoking in it.
4. The Room (3): Without mattress covers one can only imagine the alcohol and meth-fueled debauchery these poor beds have witnessed. Biohazardous.
5. The Elevator (2): There was a urinal deodorizer that was stuck to the elevator ceiling in an attempt to mask the stench. Fetid.
6. The Hotel Structure: I have no idea why this building is not condemned. The concrete is crumbling revealing the rusty rebar throughout. They have attempted to patch the coming disaster by putting up wooden structures. This must be illegal. The building inspector must be on the payroll. Dangerous.
7. The Breakfast: Totally expected, but still shockingly terrible food. Oh, there is a non-verbal omelet cook that makes omelets while doing everything to avoid eye contact. Rubber cheese omelets, French toast and pancakes all served with the same apathetic attitude.
8. The Parking: There is a lot which also serves as a smoking area for staff. They have a roped off area with a little sign "employees only" where they sit and smoke. Our car was not broken into overnight which was a plus.
9. The Air: While you may be a non-smoker the second-hand smoke in the air at all times will assault your senses throughout your stay.
10. A Pile of Adult Human Feces on the Stairs: We fled the horror of the Sea Mist at this point. Please, I beg you, don't expose yourself or anyone you love to this dangerous, structurally unsound, filthy hotel. And by the way, it is all being demolished in a couple of years (if it doesn't just collapse on its own out of neglect).

1 Thank cbrglr
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This turned out to be a great family resort. Sure you could nit pic parking, condition, location however I think when you put it all together it's a great value for a great time. I found it to be very family oriented. We had 3 families stay in 2 separate rooms and the resort had something that worked for everyone. Because of the family package we came home with money left in our pockets. We stayed in Spray building and will be going back next year

• Stayed August 2013