“Great alternative to sleeping on the street, other than that ...go somewhere else”

Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #173 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Looked for a reasonable price hotel for 1 night and thought I found a great deal through Expedia The hotel needs major repair, although the office seemed clean and nicely decorated...but that is as far as it goes Check in staff was friendly and gave a map and clear directions on how to find the room across the street and two driveways over. Parking and getting luggage anywhere close to your room is only a concept and not a reality. Parking is horrible (but looks like its the same everywhere close). The bathroom was dirty, sealant on tub was way past due to needing replaced. Dead flys found in bathroom and soap provided had no suds and left a film like feeling on your hands.
Trash in parking lot and corners of buildings: condom wrapper, cups, landscaping leaves.
I asked for ocean view, I could see the ocean okay if I opened the patio door and looked around the corner
I recommend a health inspector pays this place a visit Soon.

• Stayed: March 2013
5  Thank Sharkerisme
Write a ReviewReviews (2,453)

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I emailed to get information (why have email if you are not going to use it) no answer...Called made reservation....had to call back and tell them to email me confirmation...Got the info...did not have specifications...per their policy...if something is not listed it will not be honored...Called and told them I had requested ground room floor-non smoking....Sent me email confirming these stipulations as it was mandatory...a day and a half before arrival they call and say they cannot honor my request...but put us on third floor...girl says there are elevators..and didn't know if they had ground room floors in other buildings...I call to talk to manager...leave voice mail..she doesn't return call...I call and talk with front desk..Condescending front desk clerk nasty and told me good luck trying to get a ground room floor...Guess what Southern Belle...Got one that day a half mile down the road and my friends who were locked into staying there said my accommodations were much better!!!! Will NEVER stay there nor will 3 couples and kids who were stuck there stay again....

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Janice D
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed at the Sea Mist Resort this past weekend. The room was okay nothing spectacular. Did have a lot of utensils need to cook a good meal though we did not use them. The best part of the room was the view. From our room on the sixteenth floor we had an amazing view of the beach with sunrise and sunset view included. Would like to experience other resorts in the area but had no major issues here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Family4Christ
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was the 10th year our golf group has stayed at the SeaMist. Steadily going down hill. Stayed in the Sandlapper efficiencies, room seriously outdated, housekeeping didn't even show up on 3rd day. TV's very small and old. Police cars across the street at what has become a problem area. Some very questionable people walking by and even sitting in front of our condo. Our hot tub was closed, resteraunt was only open for drinks and appetizers. Best thing I can say is the breakfast bar was very good. The guys in our golf group want to go elsewhere next year.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Ed G
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was the WORST place I ever stayed and will NEVER return...The pictures that you see on their site is far from what you are going to get. I wouldnt recommend my dog to stay there. We had to switch room when we first got there cause we could hear the people next to us having sex...Then once they get us in new room it still was a mess.. but by that time I was exhausted and tired sent my bf to store to but lysol to spray room down. On the balcony it was patched up... the shower looked nasty...fridge had a smell...all the lamps wouldnt work...the table was cracked up where we was suppose to sit and eat. and carpet needed to be clean.

Room Tip: Dont book no room here!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Lashawn S
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Sea Mist because we met our family there for a Soccer Tournement. The price was good and it was a family friendly resort.
On line, the rooms looked nice, and reviews were mixed.
We chose an oceanfront handicapped studio room. The office was difficult to locate, and we had to unload at the Tides
Building and move our vehicle to an off site area and then haul our luggage to the room which was around the building.
The door to the room was rusty and hard to open. There were 2 plastic chairs and a small table outside our room .
The room smelled like smoke,although it was supposed to be a smoke free room.
The room was large with a king-sized bed table, chairs, and refrigerator/microwave, coffee maker, and sink. The bathroom was large, but really designed strangely.
Definatly not upgraded for technology.
The view was lovely! Housekeeping was terrible...too many complaints to list.
We ate breakfast at Tena's which offered a great breakfast.
My daughter had to ask for a new room because the first was so disgusting! It was in Sandcastle.
Overall Sea Mist Resort needs a MAJOR
Renovation!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
5  Thank Sandy J
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

The shower head wad broke. The rugs in the room were filthy. Tha walls had cracks in them and we could hear every thing our neighbors were doing all night long. The coffee pot didnt work. And I need my morning coffee.the pool was small and in bad shape

• Stayed: July 2012