“The Best!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Wayne, New Jersey
“The Best!”
Reviewed February 11, 2007

Our entire family spent the 4th of July week at Sea Island on the Beach (renamed Island Vista). From my 80 year old parents to my 8 year old niece (we were a group of 16) we all had a terrific experience.
Having stayed at the Sand Dunes in the past this hotel far exceeded my expectations. It was meticulously clean, completely up to date and the people at the front desk were professional and helpful. My immediate group (my fiance, his 3 teenage kids and myself with my 3 teenage daughers) stayed in a 4 bedroom suite. It was wonderful and roomy and with 6 teenagers the 4 full bathrooms were quite a treat to say the least.
The rest of the extended family stayed a floor above us in a 4 bed suite and were just as comfortable. The view was fantastic....all rooms are ocean front and we could even see the fireworks while sitting on our balconies.
The best part of the trip.....my fiance proposed with the help of our 6 kids.....they woke up early 4th of July morning and wrote the proposal in the sand. Needless to say it was a memorable vacation and we'll be back....same time.....this year!

• Liked — The 4 Bathrooms!
  • Disliked — Not a thing!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
8 Thank loueeee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed November 11, 2006

My Husband and I stayed at "Sea Island on the Ocean" the end of October. I read the reviews on this site and called the property directly. This is a lovely facility and it is located in a residential area. I was told the original building was removed and they built the new building on the same property. There was a very nice restaurant on site and the menu looked fantastic. I heard the food was very good but we did not take time to try it out.

There are several rocking chairs on a long porch located in the rear of the facility near the pool/lazy river area for you to rock while enjoying the sound of the ocean and scenery. You can park in the parking deck (there is parking on both sides of the facility) connected to the hotel. If you are booked on floors 1-6, one of the conveniences of this parking deck is the ability to enter your room floor from the parking deck. Floors 1-5 have covered parking. The 6th floor has outside parking. Floors 7-Penthouse does not have this convenience.

We stayed in an immaculate three bedroom oceanfront condo. The owner did a great job in decorating this condo. Each room had its own bathroom. You could get to the balcony from the living room and from the master bedroom. The kitchen had granite counter tops, stove, refrigerator., dishwasher, microwave, coffeemaker, dishes and silverware. This particular condo had a dining room table that could seat 10 people. I don't think all the condos have this dining capability. We also had a DVD/CD player in the living room.

The master bedroom had a nice size regular closet as well as a walk-in closet. The master bath had dual sinks, Jacuzzi tub and separate shower.

I have found many reviews on this site that have helped me choose properties with great success and I hope this helps someone.

Stayed October 2006
18 Thank bsttravel
Near Toronto
Reviewed October 24, 2006

We appreciated the reviews that we read and decided The Sea Island was worth a try. We were not disappointed. Our 1 bedroom condo was beautifully decorated and everything was so clean since it is new. The view is to die for and the staff was very fiendly. would have liked the Tiki bar to be open Mon-wed but I guess since it is off season they cut back (we stayed in mid October). It wasn't crowded at all so we often felt we had the place to ourselves. Also wish the Tiki bar would ser e snacks at this time too. We shouldn't be punished because we travel at non peak times. The beach area is great and sitting in the lounge chairs on the lawn looking at the ocean was nice. We will look forward to returning and hope it stays just as nice as it gets older. We will read more reviews when it's time to rebook.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — no snacks at Tiki Bar & not open Mon-Wed
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
7 Thank Am/Can
SW Pa
Reviewed October 16, 2006

This is a very nice as well as clean place to stay. It provided great access to the beach, friendly staff nice pools and hot tubs. It is in a nice section of Myrtle Beach that makes access easy to get to. I have read in a few past reviews some complaints about the parking garage however I did not encounter any problems with the garage,.The only thing that I did not care for is the restaurant prices are a bit high and there is a dress code which I feel it would be in best interest of the hotel to make the dress casual in the restaurant. After all most guest at the hotel are there to unwind and relax at the beach , this was the reason I did not dine in the hotel restaurant

• Liked — Location,fairly new hotel
  • Disliked — Restaurant
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
4 Thank straycat66
Cleveland, MS
Reviewed September 28, 2006

We stayed in the remodeled Sea Island on the Beach this past July. Since I have used this website to book several of our past vacations, I thought I would leave a review to help others. We had a great time! We had never been to South Carolina, so we went in completely blind. I chose this property strictly from reviews on this website and looking at the property's website. It was an excellent choice. We could look out from our balcony and within a couple of miles down the beach each way, people were stacked on top of each other. Our beach was busy but not packed and miserable. There was plenty of room for everybody. The condo unit is surrounded by beach houses, so the only people using the beach in the area are the people staying in the condos and a few others with private beach houses. We had the 1 bedroom with 2 queen beds for our family of 4 (3 yr old and 6 yr old). It was very nice and comfortable for us. All of the condos have a view of the ocean, and it is beautiful. The pools are nice, and the kids' pool area with lazy river is fun. We would definitely recommend these condominiums to others, although the front desk people were not very nice. We rarely had to interact with them, so it really didn't matter that much.

• Liked — Location and newness of property
  • Disliked — Front desk workers
  • Tips/Secrets — No
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
11 Thank lct1
Leicester, NC
Reviewed September 27, 2006

We stayed at Sea Island Sept 16-22. We made our reservations based on other trip advisor reviews... and we were not disappointed. When we arrived, they upgraded us to the 3 BR/3 Bath penthouse for no additional charge. The room was spectacular. It was decorated with warm, neutral colors...not the typical tacky decor most hotels in Myrtle Beach have. The pools and lazy river were wonderful. The staff were extremely friendly and very helpful.

It was slightly more expensive than the hotel we usually stay at, but after seeing the property we will definitely stay there any time we visit Myrtle Beach.

• Liked — Beautiful suites
  • Disliked — price
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Sidsmom
BALTIMORE
Reviewed September 16, 2006

The first words we heard from the girl at the front desk were -your balance is .no HI or welcome greeting .had to ask for clean sheets after four nights ,maid did not pick up trash 3 days.i don't know where the wide beach is ,at high tide there is none. Beach is very narrow ,the rooms are overpriced ,no discounts are offered for extended stays. the pool areas are cramped and there is very little lawn area,there are many places in myrtle beach that are much better, south winds and the new dunes resort just south of the sea island are a notch up.

• Liked — VIEW
  • Disliked — BEACH
  • Tips/Secrets — LOOK AROUND