“Great Beach ~ Great Dining”
Review of Island Vista

Island Vista
Ranked #4 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We visited Myrtle Beach May 31st - June 3rd 2014. We were looking for a beach get away and Island Vista filled the bill. The resort is away from the hustle of the town. No lazy river or putt putt golfing near, and that's what we wanted. The room and hallways are a bit tired but clean. The view from our room on the 10th floor was excellent. The surprise of the weekend was the dining experience, we choose to have all our meals at the resort so we used the meal plan. Dining at The Cypress Room was fantastic. Make sure you have at least one dinner there, it will satisfy even a foodie (like us). The staff was very knowledge and kind, from the front desk to the bartender, all wanting to make sure we had a pleasant experience. We will return for more of the same.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kathy Q
Write a ReviewReviews (1,359)

Reviewed June 4, 2014

I've stayed at the Island Vista every year beginning in 2010, and as far as I'm concerned it is the only place I will stay in Myrtle Beach. The staff is extremely courteous and the rooms are spacious, well maintained and beautifully furnished. The beds are very comfortable - I would prefer down pillows but that's just personal preference - and the rooms are quiet. I didn't hear any noise from neighboring rooms or hallways.

Upon check-in I was given a gift card for the Cypress Room restaurant (I believe it's calculated as a percentage of the price of your stay because it was for different amounts each time) that could be used toward happy hour drinks or dinner. It comes in really handy for that first night after a long drive in, or the last night when you need to start packing up and don't want to leave the hotel. I can highly recommend anything on the breakfast menu, as well as the filet or crab cakes for dinner.

The grounds around the pool complex and all the areas made available for tanning, swimming, or just lounging in the sun are absolutely beautiful and meticulously kept. The view is breathtaking and, because the hotel is located in a residential section, the beach is relatively private. When I looked from my balcony it was easy to see that the beaches surrounding Island Vista were EXTREMELY crowded but "my beach" was a comfortable playground for families and couples.

Honestly, I can't say enough great things about Island Vista - it is a gem of a property. I have some lovely memories and the hotel is a very big part of the reason why. You will NOT regret staying here!!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank Becky C
Reviewed June 3, 2014

The property was overall nice and for the money that I paid I feel as though the room should have been a little cleaner than what it was. I understand that this may be a huge vacation spot and they get a lot of traffic in and out but the owner or management needs to do a little more to get the property completely in order. It was nice that there was onsite parking, easy access to the building and rooms, upon entering you can tell that there are tons of people who move in and out because the carpeting is old and harbors the not so good smells. The room was a one bedroom one bath with kitchen, pull out bed, and sofa bed combo. I wasn't too happy about seeing spider webs and dead spiders hanging from the outdated lamps or beds with stained linen. The kitchen and bathroom seemed to be in ok condition and very clean. The pull out couch seemed to have stained linen also but my nephew didn't seem to mind sleeping on it. The overall property was great for families we went during black bike weekend but the location was more isolated so we were able to enjoy the beach without any problem. The beach was just a walk out the door and down a set of steps, the pools were great. We did eat in the restaurant, the food wasn't the best for dinner but breakfast was better. Overall my family enjoyed their stay just would like for things to receive a little sprucing up before I put anymore of my money into the place.

Room Tip: We got the room with a bedroom and kitchen
1  Thank Falisha L
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This is just a wonderful place to vacation. The detail in service is excellent. We will definitely return again & again. Also, the restaurant is excellent. The braised rib is to die for and the pork belly is very delicious. The staff is very pleasant and helpful to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Sheila you rock.

10th Street

2  Thank E W
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We do birthday weekend for three family birthdays a week apart. We are local so we choose a local destination as peopled have to work.

This year we chose the Island Vista due to location and friend reports. All were positive. All were correct.

The main down mark was parking. Had been advised to back in parking spot. Great advice as spots are small and maneuverability compromised.

Room was great from 11th floor. Beach not crowded. Pools nice. Free DVD. House made pizza superb. Cypress Room restaurant outstanding.

2  Thank Foggy666
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The rooms are so elegant and top notch, Gorgeous views up and down the beach and the staff on site are terrific. The grounds are meticulously manicured. Wonderful views from the restaurant. Beds are luxurious, you'll get an amazing nights sleep.

Room Tip: No parking garage after 6th floor, so upper levels you have to either go to middle of bldg for eleva...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank craftygal2011
Reviewed May 24, 2014

A group of 30 golfers have been staying in the Island Vista each of the last five years. Spacious rooms, friendly service and one of the best beaches in Myrtle. I have stayed in many hotels and Condo's over the years in Myrtle, Island Vista easily the best.

Room Tip: Corner Suite's are best.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends