“SPACE”

Island Vista
Ranked #5 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I recommend accommodations include living area and master bedroom ocean front as you could actually watch the sun rise as you lounged in bed. Accommodations are extra large and spacious with large balconies. kitchens and living area. Sunning on the spacious lawn overlooking the beach right at your fingertips is special. Breakfast and dinner dining overlooking the ocean are divine. All staff members were freindly, courteous and polite, especially housekeeping. A must return.

Room Tip: As mementioned above a must is to have the living area and at least one bedroom both ocean front.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We having being going to Myrtle Beach for 25 years; mostly in October because the weather in perfect, not humid, in the 80's. We went once in August and it is too buzy, too hot & humid and much more expensive (room rates). We really like Island Vista (staying their since 2006) because of the area it is in, close to restaurants we like, nice pool and grounds, restaurant on site, rooms are very comfortable and in general the resort is well kept and the staff is very nice. Hope to see you next year!

Room Tip: We like to one bedroom grande-king ocean front on a high floor (6 and up)The condo is beautiful and...
1  Thank 437NYC2011
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our weekend honeymoon. The location of this place is fantastic! It was cool the first day of our stay but the indoor pools were wonderful! I honestly didn't mind the parking garage like everyone else. We were able to drive right up and walk to our room. We did not choose to eat at the Cypress Room but next time we definitely will! It looked so nice inside. The only negative thing I can say is that the tv service was not very good, most the time it wasn't working BUT I did see a note later that it was being worked on, just wish they would have said that at check in. Also my husband called the front desk to ask about it and the lady was very short with him. There was a large stain on our sitting room carpet but honestly everything else was so great it didn't bother me. We chose to rent dvds because the tv wasn't working and we couldn't get the dvd player to work, so we called and a really nice man came and fixed it very quickly. The bed was like heaven! It was like sleeping on clouds! All in all this place is great! We loved it and will definately be back!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Island Vista for the few time a couple of weeks ago, and it was a great experience. From the time we checked in until we left five days later, we had no complaints. There was some cable tv problems, but that was Time Warner, not the hotel. Everyone was friendly from housekeeping to maintenance to the front desk to the Crypress Room which had wonderful food. We only ate breakfast there, but the food and atmosphere were terrific. The ocean view made it just an enjoyable experience for breakfast. I told one of the maintenance people on the elevator how everything was well maintained in the hotel. The suite was very clean, and everything worked. We will definitely be staying at the Island Vista our next trip. We have been going to the beach for years, and this is by far the best place we have ever stayed. We are "picky" travelers, and we had no issues at all.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Our friends shared a 4 bedroom corner suite with 4 baths, full kitchen, dining room and living room and balcony view of the ocean.
We love October visits when it is less crowded. We were able to lounge in the morning and afternoon using the pools, lazy river and hot tubs then in the evening we enjoyed shows, shopping or dining.
The staff was extremely helpful and polite. We will be back for third, fourth and more times.

Room Tip: ocean view is great
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank lorraine S
Reviewed November 1, 2013

The Island Vista is a beautiful hotel in a beautiful area that is convenient to everything. Our King Deluxe room was lovely and luxurious. We had great experiences in the bar and restaurant. We were celebrating my birthday and it was a lovely place to stay for that.

Only one thing put a damper on our stay. There were serious issues with our TV cable service throughout most of our stay. I understand that cable problems arise and that's not what was upsetting. The upsetting part was that we were lied to repeatedly about the situation by hotel staff. When we first reported the problem, we were told that the problem was city-wide (it was not). When I called again the next day, I was told there was nothing that could be done (there was). When I asked the front desk person if there was anyone else I could talk to about the problem, his response was ,"You can call Time-Warner". My husband got on the phone and finally they sent up a couple of (really nice) guys who unhooked our cable boxes and fixed the problem. It turns out that we could have had that done in the beginning, but no one suggested it. As I said, I understand that problems happen; it was the lying and run-around that upset us.

Although we had this one unpleasant experience, I'm sure we will stay at the hotel again.

1  Thank Anne P
Marc A, Manager at Island Vista, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our resort and the Cypress Room in general. That issue with Time Warner does need an answer, though. Time Warner was working in our area during your stay, and we were told that the work would take place primarily at night… it is my understanding that they were working on some sort of installation that has to do with their eventual conversion to 100% digital signal, and we did have many guests who experienced the same frustration. It also affected the local neighborhood, but I understand that it was our local area and not actually city-wide. I can tell you that it was a surprise to us, too, in that we were not informed in advance of the procedure, nor were we informed when the process had been completed. It would have been much better to have been able to inform our guests in advance.

In seeking solutions to the maintenance requests we received during those dates, we found that the cable could be disconnected from the digital converter, and plugged directly into the television, bypassing the problem. While the signal is not quite as sharp as a digital picture and a few of their channels are now only available via the digital converter, the rest are still there and functioned without interruption. I agree that this could have been done earlier, but I don’t think our staff realized at the time that this would bypass the problem or knew to suggest it. We’ve had trouble with the digital converter boxes for some time, but during those particular dates when they were working, I don’t think even our maintenance staff knew (at first) that the direct connection would work in that case. I believe that Time Warner has some work to do before they arrive at the right combination in that digital conversion, but in the meantime, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced.

Thank you again for choosing the Island Vista… we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

only spent two nights here but other than spotty tv service everything was perfect. We stayed in a corner suite and had a breathtaking view of the ocean,outstanding to wake up too. good location central to all